IPP

  • mtdrzewiecki
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2004
      Hello,

      I have a win2000 pro box running IIS for Internet printing.

      its working fine connected directly to cable modem, but when i put
      the router back in the mix, I can still bring up the printer page,
      but the printers do not appear.

      any one have any ideas?

      thz

      Michael
    • Haudy Kazemi
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2004
        You probably need to forward or open some ports on the router's
        NAT/firewall. Are you trying to print from a remote site?

        At 08:30 PM 12/2/2004 -0000, mtdrzewiecki wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >I have a win2000 pro box running IIS for Internet printing.
        >
        >its working fine connected directly to cable modem, but when i put
        >the router back in the mix, I can still bring up the printer page,
        >but the printers do not appear.
        >
        >any one have any ideas?
        >
        >thz
        >
        >Michael
        >

        >For more information, visit http://www.wrt54g.com
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • mtdrzewiecki
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
          I opened all the ports, and tried DMZ, no difference.

          I think its a error in NAT... based in what little I could find on
          the subject.

          yes i am trying to print from the internet

          --- In WRT54G@yahoogroups.com, Haudy Kazemi <kaze0010@t...> wrote:
          > You probably need to forward or open some ports on the router's
          > NAT/firewall. Are you trying to print from a remote site?
          >
          > At 08:30 PM 12/2/2004 -0000, mtdrzewiecki wrote:
          > >

          > >Hello,
          > >
          > >I have a win2000 pro box running IIS for Internet printing.
          > >
          > >its working fine connected directly to cable modem, but when i put
          > >the router back in the mix, I can still bring up the printer page,
          > >but the printers do not appear.
          > >
          > >any one have any ideas?
          > >
          > >thz
          > >
          > >Michael
          > >

          > >For more information, visit http://www.wrt54g.com
          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Donald Mowry
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2004

            In the router's options somewhere there's an option to block incoming pings/etc, i cant recall where, exactly, as i am not at home to see. Try turning that off. I dont recommend using the DMZ because of the overall security issues (if someone takes over your DMZ'd machine, they can access the rest of the network's PCs, and make it look like the machine that you have set as the DMZ)

            If this doesn't work, I'd check microsoft.com's search for "Internet Printing" or "IIS Printing"

            Do you Yahoo!?