DD-WRT which file for firmware upgrade??

  • spider85344
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi!

      I downloaded dd-wrt[1].v22-final-r2.zip from the dd-wrt web site.

      when I unzipped, I found several different bin files. Which one would
      be the correct one to upgrade to for my wrt54g?

      There is a basic-generic, a basic wrt54g, a generic a wrt54g.

      Any help would be appreciated. I am looking forward to increasing the
      power output a little bit.

      Thanks

      Jim
    • Raymond Tau
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        If all you need is increase the power output, you can go with basic wrt54g.
        Actually, if all you need is this, you may better try HyperWRT.

        On 10/2/05, spider85344 <k7wfr@...> wrote:
        Hi!

        I downloaded dd-wrt[1].v22-final-r2.zip from the dd-wrt web site.

        when I unzipped, I found several different bin files.  Which one would
        be the correct one to upgrade to for my wrt54g?

        There is a basic-generic, a basic wrt54g, a generic a wrt54g.

        Any help would be appreciated.  I am looking forward to increasing the
        power output a little bit.

        Thanks

        Jim

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/O7EolB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • spider85344
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
          This morning, I upgrade from v4.20.6 to v4.20.7 without any issues.
          Everything went smoothly.

          However, none of the bin files I unzipped will work. A pop-up
          appears stating the upgrade failed. I tried a couple of the ones in
          the zip file with the same result.
          Being new to all of this, I wonder how current some of these
          upgrades are. The v4.20.7 took care of more bugs and a security
          issue.

          Jim