Re: Debrick WRT54G

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005
      --- In WRT54G@yahoogroups.com, "caligula_gigula"
      <caligulatwentyone@y...> wrote:
      > I bricked my WRT54G so bad that I cant even TFTP to it.
      >
      > I hold the reset button down and turn on the power to get into "safe
      > mode". And that dosn't work. I tried jumping the bios on pins 16
      well
      > all combination next to each other.
      >
      > What steps can I try to debrick this thing?

      Thought I croaked mine too the other day (v1.0 wrt54g) by having
      Sveasoft Alchemy 6.0 RC6a on it and then running the HTML page for
      firmware to load the OEM newest version - it came up and said
      sucessful
      but it seemed too quick. After reset it was hung. I asked Linksys
      support and he told me to hold reset for 30 seconds, continue holding
      and go 30 seconds unplugged from power, continue to hold and plug in
      power and hold for 30 more then release and let it boot. It didn't
      work
      the first day so I unplugged it and let it sit rather than smash it.
      decided that maybe it was me not holding the recessed button well
      enough over 30 secons so I opened it and had just the board in hand,
      plugged into the AC adapter only. It had been off all night so it may
      have helped. I went through the sequence again - BINGO I was back up
      at
      192.168.1.1 with the basic firmware even though it still showed the
      recent firmware version I loaded over the Alchemy. I got the
      automated
      firmware from Linksys instead and ran the executable and all is hunky
      dorey in WRT54G town. Now to think on reloading the Alchemy - the OEM
      firmware SUCKS.