RE: APPROVE -- djensen7450 wants to join WRT54G

  • TJ Tryon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2008

      I’m one of the admins on the site, you have been approved.  I personally like to run openwrt, or dd-wrt, depending on the version and memory in the box.  If you have like a Linksys WRT54G V3 or earlier, I like Openwrt – It’s basically the same as last factory release, minus a bunch of bugs ("features"?) and with powerboost features (you are currently running at 50% or less), and reboot over the internet and a few other fun features.  Best place to increase your signal though is to get the 7dbi antennas.  Additionally, DD-WRT is Linux for these boxes on steroids, pretty rock solid as well, and I think I saw a fly the space shuttle tab on the last version.  I run DD-WRT v24 micro on one of my boxes (Fon), OpenWRT on a V3 and OpenWAP on a V1 WAP54G.  On top of that, I have 2 original SBC Two Wire Home Portal 1750s, so I pretty much blanket my whole court and the one on both sides.  I also have a Yagi antenna in my attic, and at my parents house 2 miles away, and can, from my parents house, see my home network.

      logo_image_250

      The information on this email is provided in good faith as a service to customers or the general community, and all reasonable care is taken to ensure the information is correct and up to date. No guarantee is made as to the accuracy of the information provided on this email by the editor of this email.  I disclaim all liability of any kind arising directly or indirectly from any use of the information conveyed in this email or any loss or damage incurred from such use. If you have questions about the validity or currency of any information provided on this web site, please send e-mail to tj at lhc-group dot com .  The content of this pages is for informational and educational purposes. While I uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this email, I makes no representations as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of that information. Therefore you should not rely upon it.