How do I upgrade to DD-WRT v24 sp1 from v23 sp2?

  • allanalessio
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hello all,

      I have a WRT54Gv3 that is running DD-WRT v23 SP2. I want to upgrade
      it to V24 SP1. I'm not having any luck finding out how to properly do
      the upgrade. I was going to set the router to factory defaults and
      then run the .bin file in Firmware upgrade. Is this the proper way to
      do this, or do I have to run the mini V24 and then run the second .bin
      file? Do I have to go back to factory software and then run the .bin
      file I need?

      Just not quite sure how to do the upgrade and would like a little
      feedback if you have done this already. Thanks in advance to any and
      help regarding this.

      Allan
    • wiltonh2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2008
        Allan

        I have not upgraded from v23 to v24 but I have upgraded from older
        versions to V23. In that case I did not go back to factory standard
        software. It does require a long hardware reset once it is finished
        before you can use the new software.

        There is lots more information here:

        http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

        Wilton