WRT54G Cooling

  • Ted
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2006
      I have alechemy firmware on my router and I installed a cpu fan
      because my chipset fans burned up(running 24-7 for a year). I was
      wondering if anyone would have any ideas on keeping the noise level
      down; but not loosing airflow to the chips inside.
      thanks
      noah1267
    • William Estrada
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        Ted,

        You could use a fanless cooling system mounted directly on the heat source or dump the CPU
        cooling fan and use some 12vdc muffin fans run at 5vdc. Also cut larger holes will stop
        some of the noise. Small hole restrict the air flow and make more noise.

        --
        William Estrada

        Email : MrUmunhum at popdial dot com
        Resume : www.Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net/resume/william_estrada.html