wifi file shareing

  • simplebliss107
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7 1:14 AM
      ok.... first of all....
      hello to everyone...
      i just got a dell inspirion e1505 notebook..
      everything is fine except for i cant seem to get the wireless file
      sharing to work... it has internet ...but no filesharin...
      everything is turned on...ive rebooted a million time...
      when i plug into it via wire... it all works fine all my puters see
      eachother an everyone can share...
      i bought the router almost a year ago cuz after asking around i was
      told it was the best...
      i didnt have anything wifi then.
      im in the tranportation biz... it would be nice to be able to pull up
      outside my place an upload info to my main puter...
      with out havein to log onto it via remote desktop
      any help would be great...
      let me know if an what specs you would need to know if you can help....

      thanks...

      craig
    • eric bechtold
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7 5:53 AM

        You have to turn file and print sharing on the wifi network card

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7 6:46 AM
          lol...
          i need more credit then that... :)
          its turned on...
          from the laptop i can see my puter the laptop an my roommates puter...
          but cant access them.
          from the laptop i can see my roommates puter an the laptop
          but still no access..
          here is the list of things installed for the wifi card..

          intel pro\wireless 3945abg network adaptor

          client service for netware
          client for microsoft networks
          file and print sharing for microsoft networks
          qos packet scheduler
          aegis protocol (ieee602.1x) v3.4.10.0
          wlan transport
          nwkink netbios
          nwlink ipx\spx\netbios compatible protocol
          internet protocol (tcp\ip)

          i did not install any of these its the way it came...

          thanks again

          craig

          >From: "eric bechtold" <eric.bechtold@...>
          >To: <WRT54G@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [WRT54G] wifi file shareing
          >Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 07:53:58 -0500
          >
          >You have to turn file and print sharing on the wifi network card
          >

          > _____

        • Jon Etkins
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7 7:41 AM
            Double-check that File and Print sharing is enabled on the Exceptions tab of your Windows Firewall control panel; if you're using a third-party firewall, look there.

            It sounds to me as though perhaps a third-party application is dynamically changing your firewall settings. I don't know Dell, but I do know for example that IBM Access Connections can automagically enable or disable F&P Sharing depending on whether I'm running wired or wireless, and even between different wireless networks.

            I don't believe it's a router problem per se.

            Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)