WREGIS status update

  • Matthew Lehman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2005
      Dear WREGIS stakeholders,

      As we start 2005, I know that there are a number of you who are very interested in knowing what is going on with the development of the Western Renewable Energy Generation Information System (WREGIS).

      After almost a year of diligent work, recommendations on the institutional structure and interim operational rules have been finalized.  These documents can be found on the WREGIS website document's page at:
      http://www.westgov.org/wieb/wregis/documents.htm.  The WREGIS Feasibility Study Report (FSR) and Information Technology Procurement Plan (ITPP) were delivered to the California Department of Finance and the Department of General Services in October 2004 and both are still under review.  The charter for the WECC Board committee that will oversee WREGIS was approved in December 2004 and the interim WREGIS committee will meet for the first time during the first quarter of 2005.

      Since the WREGIS Request for Proposal (RFP) can not be released until the FSR and the ITPP are approved, it is unlikely that the RFP will be released in the first quarter of 2005. Once these critical State of California approvals are secured, we will re-project the RFP release date. We are making every effort to expedite the approval of the FSR and ITPP and the subsequent release of the RFP.

      For specific questions regarding WREGIS, please feel free to contact me. Thanks to all of you for your continued interest and support of WREGIS. We will provide another update once we receive approval from the control agencies.

      Rasa Keanini,

      WREGIS Program Lead

      California Energy Commission

      rkeanini@...