World Prout Assembly Newsletter - July 30, 2007

  • Garda Ghista
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007
      Dear friends,  greetings!

      Some good articles are here  - an interview with the great Cindy Sheehan, who talks about humanism rather than politics. What a strange political candidate Cindy will make running against Pelosi - a big breath of fresh air on the American horizon!  Then comes the equally great Layla Anwar, who just cuts to the core, shattering any pretense we might have about "our" role in the destruction of her country. The great nation of Iraq, despite its unbounded sufferings, agonies, misery and humiliation at the hands of the occupiers, won the Asian Cup!  They beat the Saudis by one goal - bless them!  Then there are the emails our dear sister Faiza receives from her friends and relatives in Baghdad.  An article documenting why we need a revolution right now in America as regards that fundamental right called health care. It says it right there in Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, so what are we waiting for? Then comes a stunning story about a woman who makes wigs for children without hair - and she found out about little Teeba over in Iraq and began the journey to bring her here so she could make her a wig - and love her to pieces. Now that's a revolution of the mind. See our beautiful sisters, the women of Afghanistan, who as soon as they dare to lift their heads high and demand a drop of freedom, they are cut down and slaughtered by their own men. It's awful. But we need to remember, the Americans over there, they are raping and killing our Afghan sisters in far greater numbers!   So we are in no moral position to criticize that culture until we get our own culture in order, right?  More articles - about surviving, going back to small, to basics, to simplicity, to sustainability, to community values.  We will need all that when the dollar crashes. About "meat" - such a cunning euphemism for our dear brothers and sisters, the cows. We don't need to kill them. Did you ever see the mother cow weeping when she is separated from her baby? So how long do we go on pretending they have no feelings? And then there's the great martyr named Pat Tillman who was executed by the US military because his mind was going outside the military box and towards the box called Justice. Let his story be exposed more and more. Let the beast called Empire get fully exposed to the masses.  We must expose the exploitation and the perpetrators of exploitation.  We need to shatter Empire into a million shards.  And then, we can start the glorious process of rebuilding our planet, with the motto, One World, One Humanity, One Family.

      Love to you all,

      Garda
      at WPA

      PROUT stands for PROgressive UTilization Theory. It means, the progressive utilization and rational distribution of all the earth's natural resources. PROUT advocates another type of revolution called "nuclear revolution." In nuclear revolution, every aspect of collective life - social, economic, political, cultural, psychic and spiritual - is completely transformed. New moral and spiritual values arise in society which provide the impetus for accelerated social progress. The old era is replaced by a new era - one collective psychology is replaced by another. This type of revolution results in all-round development and social progress.

      Abolish centralized economies
      to end exploitation.

      -

      Establish decentralized economies.

      -

      Why I Returned to the Antiwar Movement

      cindy-2.jpg
      Video Interview Cindy Sheehan

      Davis Fleetwood asks a recently reinvigorated Cindy Sheehan about her candidacy, impeachment, Scooter Libby's pardon, the military-industrial complex and more. - But it's more than that. Here's a woman who talks about humanism instead of militarism. We all need to help her in her campaign to unseat one of the many millionaires in our capital, because most of those millionaires simply cannot "get" what it is to be poor, without rent money, without health care. They just don't get it. Cindy gets it. I wrote many times on this site, it is time for the moralists to step forward and become the leaders of our society. So let's follow Cindy's example! - WPA

      Please watch this video.

      The preservation of unity in society

      Unity among the members of any society or social structure is absolutely necessary, otherwise the structure will start disintegrating. Lack of unity among the members of society because of too much self-interest in the individual members, the formation of groups for economic or social advantage, and the lack of understanding of others' acts not only bring about the downfall of society but also completely eradicate it from the face of the earth. Instances of so many groups and empires disappearing altogether are not rare in the little-known history of this world. The problem, therefore, is the preservation of unity in society. If it is possible to enthuse the members of society with the following they will ensure unity in society – a common ideal, a caste-less society, collective social functions and no capital punishment.

      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar
      unity.jpg

      An Add'o'holic

      layla-7.jpg
      Some of you think of Defeat the Hollywood way. Like soldiers head bent down, with bag packs walking away into the sunset...That is the movies Dears. DEFEAT is when you have at least 700'000 assholes working for you and you keep increasing their numbers and you still can't make it. See what I mean? Now the flip side of Defeat is RESISTANCE. Four years down the line, if you do not call that RESISTANCE, I do not know what is. And you are supposedly the No.1 army in the world. You can surge all you want, bring in all the mercenaries in the world, pay trillions and trillions of dollars, hire every contractor possible, wheel and deal with every enemy you like, make pacts with militias, thugs, drillers, torturers, snipers...You are DEFEATED. Let us face it, if you have not "secured" it in 4 years now, you will not do it in 10, 20 or even 50 years. Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, that is called RESISTANCE. Hello, my name is Layla and am an add'o' holic.I did not cause it, cannot control it but am being cured and so are millions of others from your Death addiction. Is that cause for celebration ? Why not indeed. So repeat after me now. Long Live the Muqawama - Long Live the Iraqi Resistance! - Layla Anwar

      Iraq win Asian Cup

      iraq-football.jpg
      Captain Younis Mahmoud's thumping headed goal crowned Iraq as the 2007 Asian Cup champions for the first time with a 1-0 win over Saudi Arabia in the final here Sunday. Mahmoud rammed home the 71st-minute header off a Hawar Mohammed corner for the only goal in the fiercely-contested all-Arab final in a seething Gelora Bung Karno Stadium. Iraq blunted the resistance of the Saudis, who could not counter the determination and steel of their rivals in the crackling decider to the three-week continental tournament.

      Those who are affected by a fear psychosis doubt their own capacity to do anything. But, if they were to try a little, they would easily accomplish what they wanted to do. "Shall I be able to do this work?" You might wonder. But who knows, maybe the task will be accomplished before you think...It may happen that you are tormented by someone in your personal life and tolerate everything out of fear. If one day you summon up all your courage to oppose that person, you will find that the tyrant retreats ignominously. Similarly, under the spell of fear, a community may allow itself to be exploited by another community. But if the exploited community turns against the exploiters, the tyrants will take to their heels. There is a great need for courage. Never surrender to fear in individual or collective life.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R Sarkar

      vagamon-1.jpg

      Amputations bring health crisis to Iraq

      Iraq is facing a hidden healthcare and social crisis over the soaring number of amputations, largely of lower limbs, necessitated by the daily explosions and violence gripping the country. In the north of Iraq, the Red Crescent Society and the director general for health services in Mosul have told US forces, there is a requirement for up to 3,000 replacement limbs a year. If that estimate is applied across the country, it suggests an acute and looming long-term health challenge that has been largely ignored by the world. - Peter Beaumont - Before the Americans arrived, there were no explosions in Iraq. There was peace. It is the Americans who brought a living hell to Iraq and it is the Americans who are blowing the limbs off the people of Iraq. Shame on the Americans! - WPA

      US anger grows over Saudi Arabia's stance on Iraq

      Now, Bush administration officials are voicing increasing anger at what they say has been Saudi Arabia's counter-productive role in the Iraq war. They say that, beyond regarding Maliki as an Iranian agent, the Saudis have offered financial support to Sunni groups inside Iraq. Of an estimated 60 to 80 foreign fighters who enter Iraq each month, American military and intelligence officials say nearly half are coming from Saudi Arabia, and that the Saudis have not done enough to stem the flow. - Cooper, Mazzetti and Rutenberg - Does Bush et al have any moral right to "voice anger" over Saudi Arabi's support of Sunnis in Iraq? And is it any of America's business whether Saudis are going to Iraq to defend Iraq? Let the Ameicans go home, where they belong. Let the poor boys fighting and dying for Mr. Bush realize the absurdity, the waste, of such a death. Let them all go home now. - WPA

      Emails I have received from Iraq .....

      Yesterday they targeted and hit a humvee vehicle on the main street, around 11 am, so the Americans put a post at the street's end and started shooting every passer by in our smaller streets. They hit five pedestrians, who all died, including an old man who was out shopping and a young boy on a bicycle. They kept bleeding till death under the watchful eyes of people who gathered around the corner, and they shot at everyone who tried to get to them. We opened the doors of our houses and brought in the people who couldn't get to their homes, until the afternoon. Things remained like this until around 6.30 pm, then the shooting resumed, they hit two more people and one of them died. Then the ambulance arrived, and they shot at it too.

      Ex-CIA officer Slams US Allegations against Iran as Sham

      Prof. Abbas Edalat of CASMII said today: "Giraldi's revelations is consistent with and confirms the emergence of a shift in the dynamics of the American foreign policy decision making away from dialogue and in favour of the war. The reality of the shared strategic interests between Iran and the US in stabilising Iraq and the possibility and great benefits for both countries in reaching a rapprochement in their bilateral relationship, based on mutual respect and cooperation rather than threat and coercion, is persistently obscured and sabotaged by the fanatical warmongers of Cheney camp and the Israeli lobby, who are relentlessly pushing for
      war".

      Human society is a singular entity. It is one and indivisible; since the Father is common to all there cannot be two societies. The relation between man and man is that between brother and brother; there should be no quarrel. Mankind has the same origin and the same destination, the same goal. All are coming from the Supreme Entity and going to the Supreme. Everything comes from the Supreme and everything remains in Him and everything goes back to Him. This cycle is life and life is a struggle; life is a fight. You come from the abode of peace and go to the abode of peace, but life is a constant struggle to maintain an equilibrium. Life is a fight against depraving forces and degenerating propensities. But you are not only to fight against these depraving forces, you are also to encourage elevating forces. If you try to keep at a safe distance from this fight, you cannot say that you are a human being.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R Sarkar

      bankura.jpg

      Diesel-Driven Bee Slums and Impotent Turkeys: The Case for Resilience

      Restoring resilience to manmade systems will require an eye for options, an appreciation for redundancy, and a tolerance for chaos. Messy organizations may also be creative. But, hard as it may be, we will always find it easier to anticipate disturbance and build choices into our manmade systems than to understand how to conserve resilience in the natural systems that support us. To do that, we must grasp the deep underlying relationships between such "slow variables" as weather, soil composition, and plant succession that we often miss. We will have to learn to see how connectivity and feedback loops operate in nature and how futile it is, in the long run, to impose narrow notions of efficiency on natural systems that are profoundly dynamic and inherently unpredictable. How resilient are we? Crisis is also an opportunity for change. As the bees die, we are getting an unmistakable warning. Without pollination, life as we know it is not possible. Think "tiny canaries in the coal mine." Then think "resilience." - Chip Ward

      Bush Makes Clear Why a Health Care Revolt is Needed

      In the United States, many of the 10 million children without health coverage could be covered under SCHIP, but are not either because their state doesn't participate or has finance-driven enrollment caps, or because families are not aware of their eligibility. Certainly the medical care children receive can be critical to their health over a lifetime. But where there is only human need the President sees a dangerous political precedent. Why do we put up with a leader whose SiCKO ideology blinds him even to the most basic needs of children? - Mark Harris

      Troop Maneuvers: Manufacturing Conscription

      The more one buys into a narrow, sacrosanct, empty phrase like Support Our Troops, the more one sanctions the current environment of national plight in the U.S. and aids the perpetuation of the status quo. It only serves America's move towards hegemonic breakdown. Supporting the right to life, security, and peace for all in the war-ravaged countries of Iraq and Afghanistan, even around the world, is what matters. - George Aleman III

      Fat Lies: Obesity, laxity, and political correctness

      Come on. Everything in the study belies these mealy-mouthed conclusions. To resist a fattening norm, you need willpower. To reverse it, you need to promote responsibility, which implies blame. You almost certainly need stigma. And realistically, to add normal or underweight friends to your circle, you have to relegate others who are overweight. That may be bad for your fat ex-friends, who will lose your friendship as well as your thinness. But it's fine for you, since you'll have just as many friends as before. - William Saletan

      The agricultural, industrial and trade policies of a socio-economic unit will have to be formulated according to the principles of decentralized economy. The maximum utilization and rational distribution of local resources and potentialities to ensure full employment should be given priority, keeping in view that there should be uniform economic development in all regions of a socio-economic unit. The members of the cooperatives should decide the policies concerning such things as agricultural production, price fixation and the sale of agricultural commodities. Local people should not only control cooperative bodies, but supervise all activities related to the local economy. The local administration will have to assist the economic development of cooperatives. The price of agricultural commodities should be fixed on a rational basis by taking into account the price of commodities; the cost of labour, raw materials, transportation and storage; depreciation; sinking funds; etc. In addition, this price should include a rational profit of not more than fifteen percent of the cost of production. In a decentralized economy agriculture will have the same status as industry.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R Sarkar

      tea_garden.jpg

      Football Succeeds Where Politics Fails

      "Dozens of Iraqis have telephoned me to express their happiness and unity," Maki al-Nazzal, an Iraqi businessman in Amman told IPS on telephone. "Arabs from Jordan and the Gulf countries who are in Amman celebrated the winning as if it were their own. "It seems that sports achieved the unity of Iraqis and Arabs that politics has managed to ruin," added Nazzal. "Two hours of football was far more fruitful than four years of politics. Do not ask me whether this unity will last long." - Ali al-Fadhily

      Iranian Automaker Pushes Dual-Fuel Cars

      Iran is one of the world's biggest oil producers, but lacks enough refineries and must import more than 50 percent of the gasoline its people use. After a 25 percent price increase imposed May 21, gas sells at the equivalent of 38 cents a gallon. The rationing system allows private drivers 26 gallons of fuel per month at the subsidized price. Taxis get 211 gallons a month. - Ali Akbar Dareini

      Teeba's Journey

      teeba.jpg
      Getting Teeba here was a difficult task. Iraq had recently changed its passport policy, so the family had to wait weeks to get new passports. When that finally happened, there was a limit placed on visas to leave the country and enter the states. Congressman Dennis Kucinich's office made calls on Teeba's behalf. Teeba and her grandmother moved into the Ronald McDonald House while Teeba awaits her first doctor visit with reknowned pediatric plastic surgeon, Arun Gosain, M.D. of Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. - Monica Robins - It is a beautiful story reflecting that the entire humanity is but one culture, with regional variations. There is no difference between a baby child of Iraq and a baby child of America, a grandmother of Iraq and a grandmother of America. All are same, with the same hearts beating in the breast, the same minds all longing for love, affection and peace. - WPA

      The Hidden Half: A Photo Essay on Women in Afghanistan

      afghanwomen-1.jpg
      Afghanistan has more than 2 million widows, and these and other desperately poor women often turn to prostitution, despite the risk of being killed by their families if they are discovered. So they remain in the shadows, beneath a double veil of tradition and shame. This woman's husband is too old to work. She sold her daughter into marriage before the girl was 10, and now she sells herself.

      afghanwomen-2.jpg
      Malalai Kakar became a police officer before the rise of the Taliban. It helped, she says, that her father and brother were also police officers, and her grandfather a tribal elder. When the Taliban rose to power, she fled to Pakistan. When she returned to work after they were ousted, she received death threats. To "protect her honor" and her family, the mother of six patrolled with her brother and wore a burka in the field. But she goes uncovered now, so as to "tell women about their rights."

      afghanwomen-3.jpg
      Self-immolation has long been the preferred method of suicide in Afghanistan, but "the trend is upward," says Ancil Adrian-Paul of the women's nonprofit Medica Mondiale. Girls as young as nine set themselves ablaze, typically with cooking oil. In Herat Province, where last year 90 women lit themselves on fire, Zahra spent 93 days in the burn unit. Her husband beat her regularly, told her she was worthless and should just light a match. So she did. She is, by some accounts, lucky: More than 70 percent of victims of self-immolation do not survive.

      afghanwomen-4.jpg
      The waters of Band-i-Amir Lake are thought to cure many ailments, including infertility. If a woman has not conceived soon after marriage, her husband's family will often travel for days-by car, donkey, camel, or foot-to bring her here. Most Afghans don't know how to swim, so the woman is tethered around the waist as she enters the lake. The husband follows behind and, as is the custom, pushes her into the frigid water three times.

      afghanwomen-5.jpg
      Twenty-four-year-old Shaima Rezayee hosted a popular music show on Tolo TV. She was strong, independent, unmarried, and she refused to wear the burka. In 2005 her sister found her dead in her Kabul apartment, shot in the head. Rezayee's brothers were charged with her murder-a rarity, as few are ever prosecuted for honor killings.

      Source: MotherJones

      Vice and virtue should be defined in the interest of human values not on the whims of certain individuals. People must move towards that stage which is the zenith point of human progress and from which no further advancement is possible. That which blocks this movement is vice and that which facilitates it is virtue. To exploit an individual, a group or the entire society for one's own interest or the interest of the group is vice. To rob a person of the right to exist is also vice. There should be scope to punish such acts; but punishment is not an end in itself. If punishment kills or prevents one from progressing along life's path, it may also be treated as vice. Punishment should be for rectification. The penal code will be based on human values. [Our] social treatise states: First use sweet words and inform the offender of their mistake. Then use harsher words to convince them of the social damage caused by their actions. In the third stage, inform them about the possibility of penal measures. And in the fourth stage, if the situation warrants such action, take penal measures against him, but remember, punishment should be inflicted humanely. Those who commit acts of vice, for whatever reasons should be given scope for rectification. If they fail to realize what they have done, they should be convinced by logical argumentation. If they ignore such reasoning they will be liable for punishment. Only the offenders themselves will be punished – under no circumstances will their relatives be punished too. Penal measures will be withdrawn as soon as the offenders have corrected themselves. An entire life should not have to be wasted over a single act of vice. On no account should anyone be branded forever.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      clouds-1.jpg

      In the arena

      "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

      President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

      The innermost deisre of people is to expand themselves maximally in all directions

      The sentiment that grows out of love for the indigenous soil of a country is called geo-sentiment. From this geo-sentiment, many other sentiments emerge, such as geo-patriotism, geo-economics, geo-religion, etc. This geo-sentiment attempts to keep humanity confined within a limited part of this world. But the innermost desire of people is to expand themselves maximally in all directions. If a materialistic philosophy contains any narrowness, like this geo-sentiment, an imbalance is bound to occur between the inner and outer worlds; and psycho-physical imbalance will be inevitable. This is why, in spite of possessing everything, people will remain poor and deprived. In the past this geo-sentiment has caused enormous harm to many individuals and communities of people. Intelligent people must keep themselves aloof from this geo-sentiment and support nothing which is based on it, because it pollutes the devotional sentiment; it degrades human beings and undermines human excellence.

      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar
      vermont%20foliage.jpg
      Vermont

      Simplify and Survive

      The need to simplify our lives becomes more and more obvious when the complexity of our lives and all their connections and demands are fully recognized for what they are. A simple life is easier to maintain, easier to 'feed', easier to afford and easier to manage in numerous ways. Those living simple lives will be those who will survive the crash, those living complex lives will be those who will suffer the most in a crash and those who will not survive. - Survival Acres

      The Importance Of Cooperation - Soon To Be Essential

      But the reality is actually quite different. Cooperation is shared upon mutual need. Another important point - we do not own the Earth, the Earth owns us. When we die - we take nothing with us, why should we care what we own while we live? This is a great lie taught to us from birth. Control and own as much as you can, a "get yours while you can" despite it's actual costs or the damage such thinking creates. - Survival Acres

      Where there is torture of good people, the system which supports it will surely be destroyed. There are many good people in this world who want to do good work. You should convince them, work with them and organize them to do maximum service for the suffering humanity.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      lotus-1000.jpg

      The survivalist's guide to do-it-yourself medicine: Come the apocalypse, who will fill your prescriptions?

      Benson has no medical degree. His expertise comes from his youth, which was spent on a farm in Indiana. "When one of us needed medical attention," he told me, "we dipped into our veterinary supplies." According to Benson, many pharmaceuticals for animals are the same as those formulated for humans, and can be purchased without a prescription at veterinary supply stores, of which most rural communities have several. In figuring out how to translate livestock dosages to human ones, Benson offers this jaunty rule of thumb: "The dose for a medium hog is usually correct for an adult person." He is less precise about equine preparations -- for example, those used to treat vaginal infections in mares. "Nolvasan in diluted form works wonders for human females with similar maladies," he writes, but does not specify the dilution. - Mary Roach

      Green medicine: How Cuba is integrating natural remedies into its public health care

      But natural medicine has gained a strong foothold in Cuba, propelled by economic necessity, unopposed by the medical establishment and with deep roots in the culture. In her briefing to the visiting U.S. health professionals, Perez related an anecdote: The vice minister of public health for Cuba came down with a large and ugly lesion on his mouth. He was told the best natural medicine treatment was a combination of aloe vera, rosemary and a special herbal cream. "Within three days it was healed," she said, "and now no one can say a bad word to him about natural medicine." - Andrew Webster

      Countrywide Collapses as Chief Cashes In

      Profits tumbled yesterday for the nation's largest home mortgage firm - Countrywide Financial - even as its chief Angelo Mozilo was quietly cashing out a $118.2 million options windfall ahead of its new troubles. The company reported a 33 percent drop in profits, and expects deep losses across the industry in the wake of housing's thundering crash that's sending cracks this summer throughout the financial services landscape. - Paul Tharp

      Cheney Determined To Strike In US With WMD This Summer: Only Impeachment, Removal or General Strike Can Stop Him

      That leaves us with Brzezinski's third scenario point: a terrorist act in the US blamed on Iran. What Brzezinski is talking about here is high treason, insurrection , genocide, high crimes against humanity under US law and the Nuremberg Code. Why has he not been called upon to tell all he knows about this sinister plot, so obviously operating through the Cheney-Addington office, and through Eliot Abrams at the White House? Because the Democrats who heard that warning Senators Biden, Dodd, and Obama on the committee, plus Hillary Clinton have done nothing to raise a hue and cry, hold hearings, issue subpoenas, demand documents, or begin impeachment hearings against those involved. The Democratic Party must therefore be seen as fully complicit under the Nuremberg Code in any future crimes by Cheney regarding a wider war in the Middle East. - Webster Tarpley

      In the transitional period of civilization, honesty in individual life is a prime necessity. We shall have to remain ever vigilant that the darkness of petty self-interest may not shroud this supreme human treasure. With the very extinction of honesty, civilization too will not survive; the long sádhaná of the human race will go in vain, and all intellectual achievements will become meaningless. Book knowledge that cannot be utilized in life has no value.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      potala%20-%20jammur%20kashmir.jpg
      Jammu Kashmir

      Warnings sounded as Mediterranean melts in heat

      Last week a five-day blaze on Mount Parnitha destroyed vast tracts of trees, along with hundreds of plants endemic to the region. Unique species of deer, turtles, snakes and hares were killed. Greek television has carried nightly footage of firefighters battling fires from Thessaloniki in the north to Crete in the south. Tourists had to flee the flames, not least on the Aegean island of Kos, where hoteliers asked guests to pack up and leave even in zones deemed to be safe. As was the case in Athens, many fires came within yards of apartments.

      Meat production 'beefs up emissions'

      beef.jpg
      Do we have to eat the flesh of our friends and neighbours - the cows?

      Reducing your carbon footprint may have to mean giving up steak. Photograph: Roger Tooth. Most of the greenhouse gas emissions are emitted in the form of methane from belching cattle, but the meat production process also releases fertilising compounds that can wreak havoc in river and lake ecosystems. - Ian Sample

      Big agriculture's big lie

      ira.bmp
      Ideally, if you match the supply with the demand, farmers can make a living off the market -- not off the government. But every time you take land out of production, that's accompanied by a new strain of hybrid corn or a new process, so that even though there are fewer acres, there are more crops. Taking land out of production doesn't lower the yields; it also doesn't raise the number of people who are buying. - Ira Boudway

      Broccoli May Help Cut Prostate Cancer

      Men who reported eating cauliflower more than once per week were 52 percent less likely to be diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer than men who reported eating cauliflower less than once a month. Men who reported eating broccoli more than once per week were 45 percent less likely to be diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer than men who reported eating broccoli less than once a month. What's so special about cruciferous vegetables? They're rich in compounds that may help protect cells from DNA damage, note the researchers, who included Victoria Kirsh, Ph.D., of Cancer Care Ontario in Toronto. - Miranda Hitti

      As people become more generous and broad-minded, they rise above the feelings of casteism, tribalism, provincialism and nationalism, which evoke narrowness, violence, hatred and meanness. Those who enter the field of social welfare with feelings of "mine" and "yours" actually create divisions in human society. Those who wish to foster the welfare of living beings as a whole have to embrace universalism as the only alternative. If we look upon everything as our own, the question of "mine" and "yours" will dissolve; in universalism there is no opportunity for violence, hatred or narrowness.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      water%20in%20rajasthan.jpg
      Searching for water in Rajasthan

      Setting the Stage for Turmoil in Caracas: Washington's New Imperial Strategy In Venezuela

      What most protesters probably do not know is that they are simply pawns in a larger strategy to open up the world to "free-market" global capitalism and corporate-dominated privatizations. While huge multinational corporations carve up the world among themselves, small nations like Serbia and Venezuela are simply unfortunate obstacles to their objectives. In the worldwide scramble to see who will get bigger and who will get eaten, the fact that some countries would prefer not to be eaten simply doesn't matter to the bureaucrats in Washington. - Chris Carlson

      Wikipedia and the Intelligence Services: Is the Net's popular encyclopedia marred by disinformation?

      According to clues accumulated by ordinary citizens around the world, it could be that the CIA and other intelligence agencies are riding the information wave and planting disinformation on Wikipedia. If so, tens of thousands of innocent and unwitting citizens around the world are translating and propagating their lies, providing these agencies with a universal news network. - Dr. Ludwig De Braeckeleer

      New Evidence Clearly Indicates Pat Tillman Was Executed

      Army medical examiners concluded Tillman was shot three times in the head from just 10 yards away, no evidence of "friendly fire" damage at scene, Army attorneys congratulated each other on cover-up. The notion that the U.S. government gave orders for Army top brass to execute Pat Tillman in cold blood is the most damaging indictment of the Iraq war since it began, trumping the lies about weapons of mass destruction tenfold, but if the establishment media continue to soft-peddle and steam-valve one of the biggest stories of the century its impact will be completely diluted. - Paul Watson

      Culture is one for the entire world

      Culture is an ambiguous term. It is a collective expression of social life and is of composite structure... There are certain prima facie local variations, but there is no difference in the subterranean cultural flow of the human society. The difference is external and not internal. Culture is one for the entire world. Common factors for the entire humanity (that is, culture in the true sense of the term) should always be encouraged, but prima facie differences should never be encouraged. Those who encourage these differences help the fissiparous tendencies which endanger human progress. To establish a cosmopolitan cultural outlook, we have to wipe out prima facie differences through matrimony and other socio-economic blendings.

      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar
      namaste-2.jpg

      In the present age, there are so many elements hostile to morality. In urban civilization, more people live in a small area; this is the enemy of individual morality. It is essential for the moral development of an individual to live a life of solitude for some time. The city serves as an asylum for antisocial elements, but this generally does not happen in villages. In villages everyone knows everyone else, and the source of each others' livelihood is known to all. In the city, even after twenty years, a person does not know his neighbours, who may be scoundrels. Thus we have to keep aloof from the barbarity of city life. This will not be done merely by speaking slogans like, "Go back to the village!" Employment opportunities will have to be created in the villages for the intelligentsia. The availability of power supply and the expansion of cottage industries in the villages are the paramount needs of the hour. By cottage industries, I do not mean old and outmoded, but rather rationalized and well mechanized industries. Hence, decentralization is an economic necessity.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      chaff.jpg
      Separating the wheat from the chaff