40please help me to feed the people

  • World Prout Assembly
    Jul 16, 2010
      dear friends,

      last night i wrote here after a long time something below. there has been a lot of struggle - physical, financial, mental and spiritual. we came here to Siliguri, North Bengal on May 2nd. On May 27th we began to feed the hungry people here. they are everywhere.  one has to sometimes go on the back roads into small hamlets and communities outside the city to find them.  they throng in scores around our auto rickshaw. the adults are serious. the chldren are thrilled. it happens again and again. it is a lot of work to cook food for 150 people up to three times a week. two huge pots of rice, then another pot of vegetables, then another pot of lentils or beans. then mix it all together into what is locally called "khichree."  but, when we give the food, when the people take the food, the hours of labor are forgtten. there is a great joy to be found in this work of giving food to hungry people.  afterwards many of them sit on the ground in circles and quietly eat. we see this as we are driving away. it feels good inside,

      i understad, and it is enunciated on WPA, that many things are wrong in the world. politically, economically, culturally, morally and spiritually.  it will take some kind of massive revolution, some kind of accelerated acceleration of global activity, to bring vast and rapid change everywhere so that the oppressed of the world are no longer oppressed. the question is, what do we do in the meantime, brothers and sisters?  i am suggesting to you, let's please feed the people. let's feed the hungry. it is something, isn't it?  let us fill the gap between present oppression and future liberation by feeding the hungry and helping them to see the sun of another day.

      brothers and sisters. perhaps in the larger scheme of things, like population boom, climate change, and economic genocide of millions arond the globe, what to speak of biodevastation, this tiny work may not mean much. after all, we are feeding just a handful, a tiny tiny handful of that great entity called humanity. but this doesn't change the fact that it feels good to feed that tiny handful. it doens't change the fact that some mental peace comes seeing them eat the food. it doesn't change the fact that we begin to smile internally seeing them smile externally.  hence, the work has to go on.  just suppose if everyone who could, did something like this.  it would change the world, isn't it?  if say one out of every ten persons did this work, it would cause a moral, cultural and physical revolution in the world. there would be no more hungry people! a higher morality called 'not allowing any of our brothers and sisters to go hungry or starve or be without the minimum necessities' would be in force, isn't it. a higher culture would emerge which says, 'leave no one behind. take care of every single person.  do not allow even one person to suffer or be without.' so while doing this smalll, very insignificant work, brothers and sisters, i cannot help but encourage you to do the same where you live.  as i said above, it can cause a revolution in the best possible sense.

      many things are needed, as expressed below. cash is required here to buy huge bags (quintals) of rice, because rice is what the people love best here. cash is required to purchase hundreds of kilos of vegetables every week. cash is required to purchase the beans and lentils so that a soiid source of protein is in the food. cash is required to purchase a few spices and oil,. because they need those extra calories. cash is also required to pay the auto rickshaw driver who takes us to all the people and helps to distribute the food. i know these are hard times. but if it is at all possible for you to send cash, please send using the Donate button on the site. alternately, you can send to me directly to Siliguri, using Western Union.

      if you prefer to send in kind, there are many things required here. i have to organize a list. but off the cuff, paper plates and cups would be so useful. plastic bags - the ones from the supermarket that you are throwing away when you come home - if you could stuff them into a box and ship them seamail over here it would be invaluable. soap, brothers and sisters. the people we are feeding have never used a bar of soap before. please send soap. it is just a dollar or two or three for a packet, isn't it? i want them to have soap for bathing. it is a small thing. help me to make it possible.  we are adding powdered milk to the rice to make it more nutrious. we also add dessicated cocnut for the same reason. these are cheap to buy and easy to send, isn't it?  tomatoes cost a fortune here. please send tomato paste, tomato sauce and tomato soup. it can all go right into the vegetables to brighten up the taste and the lives. canned vegetables and fruits would be a godsend. peanut butter, so cheap in america, would also go right into the vegetables because it's an immediate source of protein, right? jams, jellies, honey, all will help. instant coffee, tea bags, and especially powdered gator aid, kool aid and jellos are invaluable here when the people recover from flu, which comes often and unannounced.

      non-food items are also there.  blankets are needed. temperatures will go below 60 degrees in winter and there is no central heating over here anywhere./ sheets and towels are also needed. sweaters and socks would be invaluable. all these things are so cheap at K Mart, Target, Walmart and other stores, right? just a few dollars, and a trip to the post office is what i'm asking for here. you will feel good to send something, isn't it?  so please, i am requesting you, help me to feed the people here, help me to provide them other very basic necessities of life that are all just completely taken for granted in the US and other western countries. this is just the beginning.  these are just the ideas floating in my mind. please just think if you can help, brothers and sisters. if you like to send in kind, please write to me at wpaeditor@.... i am waiting.

      love,

      garda ghista
      www.heartshealinghunger.org
      www.worldproutassembly.org

      PROUT stands for PROgressive UTilization Theory. It means, the progressive utilization and rational distribution of all the earth's natural resources. PROUT advocates another type of revolution called "nuclear revolution." In nuclear revolution, every aspect of collective life - social, economic, political, cultural, psychic and spiritual - is completely transformed. New moral and spiritual values arise in society which provide the impetus for accelerated social progress. The old era is replaced by a new era - one collective psychology is replaced by another. This type of revolution results in all-round development and social progress.

      Dear readers, WPA accepts no corporate funding. Please help us to survive and continue the work of informing you all of what's happening in the real world. Please, if you can, send us donations by using the Donate button below and all over the site. If you prefer, a check can be made out to "World Prout Assembly" and mailed to Garda Ghista, 104 Ross Avenue, Bellevue, KY 41073, USA.

      Tens of thousands of people visit this site every month. If you feel the news here is important, please help us to survive. We don't mind doing the work; we just need help with funding. Thank you very much!

      $
      July 15, 2010

      Dear Readers,

      Millions around the world today are struggling - for survival and maybe to do some work. We here at WPA are also struggling. We are struggling for survival, and we are also struggling to feed the hungry people here in India. There are millions of hungry people here. I do not know their names. I see their ramshackle houses, often made of nothing but pieces of tin or plastic. I see their serious faces as they take the food we offer them on sal leaves. I want to feed more and more people. Not only that, I want to provide other things for them also. I believe they have never seen or used a bar of soap. I would like to provide them bars of soap. It's a start, isn't it? I would like to provide them each with a set of new clothes. I wish I could build homes for them. But there are so many here without proper homes. I wish I knew the way to put them all in school and provide them regular medical checkups. Life is so easy in western countries. How to explain to you? Brothers and sisters, there is so much work to do here. If you can help, I would be very grateful. More than grateful. Cash is required. We need cash in order to buy huge bags (quintals) of rice, which is what they like to eat best. We need cash to buy fresh vegetables and different kinds of lentils and beans, which we cook and mix into the rice. We need cash to buy a few simple spices along with salt and oil. They need the oil because they are thin. But there are other things that can be mailed from outside India, either by airmail or seamail. We are adding powdered milk to the rice to make it more nutritious. We also add dessicated coconut fr the same reason. Cans of tomato paste, tomato sauce and tomato soup would be so welcome because fresh tomatoes cost a fortune here in India. All types of non-perishable goods, food and non-food, would be welcome here. Powdered kool aid or gator aid, powdered jello packages are especially good for recovering from flu, which comes often here without notice. There is no middleman in tihs project. There is you, me, and the hungry people here in north Bengal. We are distributing in Siliguri and Jalpaiguri districts, which are about three hours' train ride from Darjeeling and also from Sikkim and Bhutan. It is beautiful here, except for the hunger and poverty. Can't we try and fix that? Whatever you send goes from me straight to the people here. Please help me. I want to feed more and more people. I want to change the map here. I want to build a new world where nobody goes hungry, where everybody is clean and well fed. Can you help me, please, brothers and sisters? What else can I say. I am appealing to all of you for your help. If you can send cash, please use the Donate button on this site. Or send check to the address also give on this site. If you feel to send something in kind, to send food and other nonperishable items essential for life, please write to me at wpaeditor@.... I am waiting to hear from you.

      Love, Garda Ghista

      Shrii Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar: Beacon of Hope for Suffering Humanity

      Throughout his stay in prison he condemned the corruption of jail officials and the government, despite its attempts to assassinate him. As he said, 'I can scold a million people at a time. That is the reason the immoralists cannot stand before me." If the strategy behind his jailing had been to suppress and root out the Prout movement that Shrii Sarkar had spearheaded, this attempt by the Indian government failed miserably. During his incarceration, Shrii Sarkar's political and economic theories spread to more than 60 countries, and continued to spread at great speed. In 1977 an international organization called Proutist Universal was launched with its headquarters in Copenhagen. The aims of Proutist Universal are to propagate the ideals of Prout and to support social movements with similar ideals. By the mid-1980's Proutist Universal was established in practically all countries of the world. In 1978 all charges against Shrii Sarkar were quashed, and he was released in August of that year to a tremendous welcome by thousands of his followers from all over the world. Throughout the remainder of his life, Sarkar continued to work tirelessly, 20 hours a day, for the suffering, downtrodden human beings and for the upliftment of all people. His contributions in the fields of science, philosophy, economics, agriculture and linguistics are so vast that it will take centuries before scholars can properly assess his real value to humanity. - Garda Ghista

      Terrorizing the Democratic Space

      The most relevant questions are, does the Indian democracy have space for the decent voice? The word "No" is meaningless in the Indian democracy? Or the "No" of the marginalized people is meaningless in the Indian democracy? Of course, without "No" the democracy is meaningless but do the people of ruling classes understand it and respect the decent voices? We must understand that we all are equal as the citizens of India irrespective of our race, caste, sex, religion and so on. Therefore, the Indian State should hear the decent voices instead of terrorizing the democratic space with the power of Guns. - Gladson Dungdung

      USA Enters Stiff International Competition for Next Chernobyl Explosion

      To Chernobyl or not to Chernobyl? This is a choice we all now face. Sanity dictates we must say no to this "Chernobyl in a Box." Granted, we have a difficult road ahead of us, as we are faced with a government that has been fervently nuking its own... steadily placing large amounts of radioactive materials in our environment continuously since the 1940s. Yet we must never forget one simple truth, one absolute fact: our elected officials and governmental agencies work for us. And, as such, we have every right to expect - and demand, if necessary - adequate safety and protection from harm.- Cathy Garger

      Myrna Cruz-Abraham: Gentle Mom, Activist, Political Prisoner

      Behind all this was their mother's strength and optimism. "In jail, when we're visiting her, she's always happy as though she were not in jail. She and her inmates were able to sell food to other visitors and they were also able to solicit some money to buy gas stove and water dispenser." Gem also added that they are thankful that jail officers at the BJMP Tuguegarao were kind. And even if she's imprisoned, her being a consultant also applied inside the BJMP's re-organization. "They have respect for Mama, they consulted her regarding their re-organization and she also helped to form committees inside the jail."

      In the transitional period of civilization, honesty in individual life is a prime necessity. We shall have to remain ever vigilant that the darkness of petty self-interest may not shroud this supreme human treasure. With the very extinction of honesty, civilization too will not survive; the long sa?dhana? of the human race will go in vain, and all intellectual achievements will become meaningless. Book knowledge that cannot be utilized in life has no value.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      TB champions

      Consider this: Tuberculosis claims 1,000 lives in India every single day, and 5,000 across the world. It is no longer a medieval disease lurking about unattended in resource-scarce regions; it has huge funding behind it. Governments of every country in the world are more aware of it than any other longstanding national or international issue. It enjoys some of the most active championing by civil society, not just in India but around the world, including the US and UK. Yet the media largely ignores these facts. Although news has begun emanating from more sources, and more or less reflects the current trends, it is still too little. And there are many gaps in stories reflecting the success of the government's DOTS (Directly Observed Treatment Short Course) programme to combat the disease. DOTS is the accepted treatment for TB worldwide.

      Indigenous Struggle, Ecology, and Capitalist Resource Extraction in Ecuador

      The major deposits of minerals are in indigenous territories, where indigenous peoples live. Maybe the Pachamama knew that if indigenous peoples were in the territories where there were forests, minerals, and oil we would protect these territories. For the last ten years there have been plans to execute large-scale mining in Ecuador. If these go ahead, all of the water basins of the Amazon and the communitarian agriculture will be fucked. It's not going to be responsible mining. So there is massive resistance, and CONAIE supports this resistance. And I've personally gone to the mining communities and confronted the police and military as part of the resistance.

      Aggression, a 'new' crime: U.S. Hijacks ICC conference

      Although critics are furious at the role of the United States in shaping the agenda of the review conference, this reengagement with international institutions is a positive step. The United States can play a role in the international arena by supporting efforts to bring suspects such as Kony to justice and putting pressure on sitting presidents such as Omar al-Bashir. Meanwhile, expanding the jurisdiction of the ICC to include aggression will be revisited in 2017, giving activists and other interested parties another opportunity to advocate for the increasing role of the ICC in international law.

      Water: The new source of conflict

      According to the United Nations, there are more than 250 internationally shared rivers covering nearly half the total land surface of the earth, as well as innumerable shared aquifers. About 300 potential conflicts around the world have been identified, but history suggests very few, if any, are expected to develop into armed conflict. In the past century, only seven minor skirmishes over water were documented. But in the future nearly all the world's major rivers are expected to come under increased pressure to provide water for farming and industry as well as drinking water for the 3-billion extra people expected to be born before the world's population starts to drop. By 2025, says the UN, nearly one in three people will live in countries that are affected by water shortages.

      The One who is the origin of all beings is the Supreme Entity. The Supreme Entity belongs to all, equally. To get protection and to enjoy the manifested universe of the Supreme Entity is the birthright of each and every being. Nobody has any right to accumulate excessive wealth. To accumulate and desire more mundane property is a crime against society and a sin against God. It is a highly immoral and antisocial action. To fight such vested interests and to wage a war against such antisocial activities is upright and sacramental.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      How Goldman gambled on starvation

      If we don't re-regulate, it is only a matter of time before this all happens again. How many people would it kill next time? The moves to restore the pre-1990s rules on commodities trading have been stunningly sluggish. In the US, the House has passed some regulation, but there are fears that the Senate - drenched in speculator-donations - may dilute it into meaninglessness. The EU is lagging far behind even this, while in Britain, where most of this "trade" takes place, advocacy groups are worried that David Cameron's government will block reform entirely to please his own friends and donors in the City. Only one force can stop another speculation-starvation-bubble. The decent people in developed countries need to shout louder than the lobbyists from Goldman Sachs. The World Development Movement is launching a week of pressure this summer as crucial decisions on this are taken: text WDM to 82055 to find out what you can do. Johann Hari

      So Why Are These Men In Jail?

      Kirit Panwala, defence counsel in 10 of the 13 cases, says, "All major allegations are innocuous and attached to non-violent social acts like association with certain organisations. 10 out of the 13 were alleged members of the CPI (Janashakti) party, which the police claim is a front for the banned People's War Group." But Janashakti is an overground party that contests elections. Panwala explains, "The case under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act does not hold because the Act clearly states that for an offence to be committed the organisation should be banned under the schedule, which Janashakti is not. As for PWG associations, they are all alleged before 2004 when the Act which outlaws the PWG had not come into place."

      The Iranian Threat

      It is rarely noted that the US and UK have a special responsibility to work to establish a Middle East NWFZ. In attempting to provide a thin legal cover for their invasion of the Iraq in 2003, they appealed to Security Council Resolution 687 (1991), which called on Iraq to terminate its development of weapons of mass destruction. The US and UK claimed that they had not done so. We need not tarry on the excuse, but that Resolution commits its signers to move to establish a NWFZ in the Middle East. - Naom Chomsky

      IRAN: Unrest Grows over Economic Woes

      While wealthy Iranians are still spending freely in the cappuccino bars of North Tehran, they are not hiring new workers or investing. "There is a real credit squeeze," says George Lopez, a Jennings Randolph senior fellow at the U.S. Institute of Peace and an expert on the use of economic sanctions. "There is an air of conservatism, caution and even a bit of panic." A strike that began Jul. 6 among gold and fabric traders in the main Tehran bazaar continued this week despite a government pledge to scale back a planned 70 percent increase in taxes to 15 percent. Strikes in the bazaar were a major factor in the 1978-79 revolution; bazaaris remain an important constituency in Iran although they have been overshadowed in the economy by the Revolutionary Guards.

      What are the primary requisites of an ideal [sustainable community]? There are five, which correspond to the five minimum requirements in PROUT. First, to provide food throughout the year, sufficient local raw materials must be produced through agriculture and scientific farming. These raw materials will provide the basis for industrial units and agro-industries such as dairy farms, horticulture, sericulture, etc. For such industries, you cannot depend on raw material from anywhere else. Secondly, there should be production of sufficient fibres and fabrics for clothing. For example, fibres from ladies fingers, pineapple, sugar beet, banana, basil, cotton, sisal, etc. can be used for clothing. Thirdly, primary and post-primary schools should be started on all sustainable communities. Higher education institutions should not be established just now. Fourthly, general and special medical units should also be established. Special medical centres would accommodate invalid people for a certain periods because Master Units may or may not run big hospitals. Medical units should emphasise alternative medical treatments. Fifthly, our sustainable communities should undertake schemes to construct houses for extremely poor people. This special housing scheme for the poor must be immediately established.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      Crushing Exploitation of the European People - But For How Long?

      In view of what is happening today in Europe, in view of the rising thousands of homeless people in America, is it not time for revolution? We are defining revolution here as accelerated change, radical change, in our society. Is it not time to end the economic exploitation of entire humanity? Let us not wait for leaders. Let us become the leaders the world waits for. Let us adore the suffering human beings everywhere and work day and night to accelerate change in the economic and social order, so that their suffering comes to an end. We can do no less. - Garda Ghista

      After ruining Punjab's agriculture; Punjab farmers now aim at Africa

      I had expected the more enterprising of Punjab farmers to join hands and work towards bringing the lost glory back to Punjab's agriculture. I wanted these resourceful farmers (also well connected politically) to throw away the PAU cloak, and show the way forward where by the soil health could be restored, plunging groundwater line recharged, and farming adopting the low-external input sustainable pathway. But perhaps I was expecting too much. It is now the turn of Africa. They are willingly inviting Punjab farmers to destroy their lands. They need to know that short-term gains do not help in building robust civilisations. These farmers will make the best use of opportunities available under AGRA to make a fast buck, and in turn leave Africa bleeding for ever. The African dream will sooner than later turn into a dying civilisation. - Devinder Sharma

      More Poverty By Any Measure

      If used to parse federal grants among states, it could radically change the amount of money each state receives. It stands to reason, for example, that a family of four trying to make it on $22,000 would have an easier time in rural Alabama than they would in suburban Massachusetts. And should the new measure be used to set individual eligibility for safety net programs, some are fearful that current recipients would be disqualified if all of their federal and state benefits were counted.

      How Brokers Became Bookies: The Insidious Transformation of Markets Into Casinos

      The Federal Reserve has funneled $4.6 trillion to Wall Street in bailout money, most of it generated via "quantitative easing" (in effect, printing money); yet, hyperinflation has not resulted. To the contrary, what we have today is Depression-style deflation. The M3 money supply shrank in the last year by 5.5 percent, and the rate at which it is shrinking is accelerating. The explanation for this anomaly is that the Fed's $4.6 trillion added by quantitative easing fell far short of the estimated $10 trillion needed to "reflate" the money supply after the "shadow lenders" disappeared. When these investors discovered that the "triple-A" mortgage-backed securities they had been purchasing from Wall Street were actually very risky investments, they exited the market, credit dried up and the money supply (which today consists almost entirely of credit or debt) collapsed. The only viable way to reflate a collapsed money supply is to put more money into it; and creating the national money supply is the sovereign right of governments, not of banks. If the government wants to remain sovereign, it needs to reassert that right.- Ellen Brown

      "Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right."

      -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

      Vocal Revolutionaries

      Consider the case of vocal revolutionaries. They talk glibly of revolution outwardly, but in their heart of hearts, they want to avoid revolution. They say one thing openly, but they do just the opposite in practical life. It is very hard to identify such gilded human chameleons. At least the reactionary forces can be easily identified: they are openly antagonistic to anything which they do not like. They say directly, "We won?t allow this to happen. We won?t grant liberty to the people. We won?t provide them with full-stomach meals. We will keep them languishing in poverty... or else where shall we find menials for our domestic chores?" However, it requires some knowledge of human behaviour to identify those people who are difficult to detect.

      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      Hope and the Un-Holy Nuclear Trinity

      With this goal in mind, you are invited to an event to be held on the 65th anniversary of the detonation of the first nuclear bomb, the "Trinity Test." Thus, in Baltimore on July 16, 2010, at our first Un-Holy Trinity Day event, we will have the honor of hearing esteemed international anti-nuclear experts Dr. Rosalie Bertell and Dr. Janette Sherman (see bios) as well as this writer speak on radioactive weaponry and nuclear pollution. We will also discuss ideas for action - plus, the critical need for maintaining hope as we work to stop the rampant nuclear poisoning of our planet. The continued bombardment of ionizing radiation that remains for up to thousands of years in our environment is a blight on the health of America's children and all other living things for countless generations to come. Yet we do not have to passively allow this nightmare to continue, for we, as persons of conscience, possess the ability, will, and sheer, undeniable power that comes from strength in numbers. If you're concerned about the preservation of life on the planet, please join us on Friday, July 16 in Baltimore for our Un-Holy Trinity Day presentations and discussion. Admission is free. For more information about this event and to reserve a seat, visit our website at Unholy Trinity Day. - Cathy Garger

      Dalit Woman Humiliated And Victimized In Allahabad

      Human Rights are meant for each citizens of the country. A truly democratic governance structure should ensure that the most marginalized and tiniest minority must feel safe and secure. Our villages do not provide that confidence where the women like Lalli Devi feel secure and can live a life with freedom and dignity. The goons can come any time and assault her and our structure try to compensate it in a few thousand rupees while condoning the racist nature of our society. Though the police can not fight such violence, it can best do the work impartially and take the case to a logical conclusion. It will take long time. How can we ensure justice to Lalli Devi. Can our Human Rights bodies take any action against the authorities and follow it up? But if it takes years to get justice then how will Lalli and her family remain free and safe from the violence of the village and that of the goons? Will the police act against its own officers who denied that nothing happened and Lalli was lying?

      No Funny Money: Local Currency Sustains Local Economies

      In the suburban business district of Ardmore, which straddles Montgomery and Delaware Counties, it's hard to believe money could be a problem. Sitting on the traditionally tony Main Line and residing mostly in one of the wealthiest public school districts in the nation, Lower Merion, the Ardmore business district looks the part. With high-end shops and restaurants dotting Lancaster Avenue and the Suburban Square shopping center, pastel-clad suburbanites can easily stroll with a Starbucks and shop to their hearts' content. But after the recession drove consumer culture into hiding, many shops went dark, creating an uneven business district that was dragging everyone down.

      The world is a transitory phase or changing phenomenon within the scope of the Cosmic Mind. It is going in eternal motion, and such a motion is the law of nature and the law of life. Stagnancy means death. Hence no power can check the social cycle of evolution. Any force, external or internal, can only retard or accelerate the speed of transition, but cannot prevent it from moving. Therefore progressive humanity should cast off all skeletons of the past. Human beings should go on accelerating the speed of progress for the good of humanity in general. Those spiritual revolutionaries who work to achieve such progressive changes for human elevation on a well-thought, pre-planned basis, whether in the physical, metaphysical or spiritual sphere, by adhering to the principles of Yama and Niyama, are sadvipras.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      Social Security money stolen by government

      The intent of the 1983 legislation was to generate large Social Security surpluses for the next 30 years that were supposed to be saved and invested, in order to build up a large reserve in the trust fund that could later be drawn down to pay benefits to the baby boomers. The 1983 payroll tax hike has generated more than $2.5 trillion that is supposed to be in the trust fund. If the trust fund actually held this amount in real assets, full Social Security benefits could be paid until at least 2037 without any changes. Unfortunately, none of the surplus revenue was saved or invested in anything. It was all spent, by the government, on wars and other government programs without making any provisions for repaying the money.

      Police Atrocities On The Women Of Sonamukhi Near Jhargram

      Only on 6th July, a week after the atrocities, did the women go to lodge a complaint with the SDO of Jhargram, accompanied by local TMC and Congress politicans. The SDO instructed the Super of Jhargram subdivisional hospital to admit six of the women and do a medical test. He has also assured them that he will file a report to the home secretary. Santosh Rana of the CPI(ML) PCC has written a letter to the Chief Secretary demanding redressal. But it is unlikely that anything is going to happen, as the police has refused to admit that anything happened. The case of the women of Sonamukhi will probably become just another statistic in the ever growing list of victims of Operation Green Hunt, but the result might be that more and more CRPF raiding and road opening parties will come under fire when they approach adivasi villages. - Partho Sarathi Ray

      Police Brutality in America

      In December 2007, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination published a report titled, "In the Shadows of the War on Terror: Persistent Police Brutality and Abuse of People of Color in the United States," saying: "Since this Committee's 2001 review of the US, during which it expressed concern regarding incidents of police brutality and deaths in custody at the hands of US law enforcement officers, there have been dramatic increases in law enforcement powers in the name of waging the "war on terror (resulting in) the use of excessive force against people of color....(It's not only continued post-9/11), but has worsened in both practice and severity" - a NAACP representative saying it's "the worst I've seen in 50 years."

      Requiem for the Antiwar Movement

      Since my son was killed, which was as violent of a paradigm shift as anyone should have to endure, I have whittled my life down to a bare minimum. I have no car. I have no pets. I have no plants. I have no credit cards. My income is based on my donations from my itinerant peace travels and book sales. I have moved eight times since Casey died and now I can move with one small u-haul. I have a cell phone and computer, a bed, clothes, a few dishes, a few valued books and peace paraphernalia and pictures of my children and grandbabies. As HD Thoreau said: "You don't own your possessions, they own you." This consumer orgiastic society makes us literal slaves to a system that is detrimental to our health. Freeing oneself from those chains frees one to be a full-time, or near full-time activist. "Simplify, simplify, simplify." - Cindy Sheehan

      The inevitable consequence of capitalist exploitation is worker revolution. When the capitalists, maddened with excessive greed, lose their common sense completely and forsake their humanity totally, then for worker revolution the opportune time has come. However, it cannot be said that worker revolution will automatically occur just because an opportune time has come. Proper conditions relating to place and person will bear much of the responsibility. Revolution takes place when, from the economic perspective, only two classes remain in society: the exploiting capitalists and the exploited workers. But if there are no intellectuals and warriors (military-minded men) from a mental standpoint - in other words if there are no people who, though workers from an economic standpoint, are intellectuals or warriors from a mental standpoint - worker revolution will not be possible. It is not the work of people who have a worker mentality to bring about revolution. They avoid struggle; they are playthings of the capitalists. At the high point of the Capitalist Age, the capitalists easily manipulate the worker-minded labourers. If the military- and intellectually-minded workers lack spirit, they will also be bought by the capitalists' money. Thus worker revolution ultimately depends on workers who have sufficient spirit and are mentally vipras or kśatriyas.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      The Case for War: The Iron Mountain Report

      Though repugnant to many, "The war system....has demonstrated its effectiveness since the beginning of recorded history." A viable peace alternative would constitute a giant leap "into the unknown" with its inevitable risks. Genuine peace will be destabilizing until proved otherwise. SSG recommendations included establishing a "permanent WAR/PEACE Research Agency" with unlimited funds to be used at its own discretion. It would be organized like the National Security Council "responsible solely to the President" or officials he designates - then operate secretly for two purposes. First, to determine, from what's known and can be learned, the statistical probability for an eventual peace. Second, to conduct "War Research" to ensure "the continuing viability of the war system" as long as it's believed necessary and/or desirable for society's stability and survival. The Iron Mountain Report "has already created our present. It is now shaping our future," one single-mindedly for war to the detriment of all but imperial interests and profiteers that benefit handsomel - Stephen Lendman.

      'Stone Pelting' An Inevitable Affair In Kashmir

      The so-called 'terrorist feelings' of the young in Kashmir are fueled by the Pakistani intelligence agencies like ISI and Lashkar-e-Tayeba (LeT), this is how the Indian state justifies the murder of the 18 civilians in Kashmir since Jan 2010. Among these 18 civilians, 11 were children brutally eliminated by the 'unruly mobs' of CRPF personnel. The rationale behind using this expression for CRPF, which is believed to be a disciplined mechanism, is that it is devoid of the skills to deal with civilians. It is the state police that must do the job of stopping the protests. EN Rammoham, former IG of Kashmir spoke in an interview to DNA newspaper (Sunday, July 4) about the ethics of CRPF and has condemned the state police for not being efficient enough to tackle an angry mob. He also justified that CRPF should never be believed to act like police, precisely because they are never trained to use 'lathis', they are armed forces who are well equipped in fighting an armed insurgency and not angry people. Even after the solemn confessions of the CRPF authorities it has been actively employed to tackle protests. The mainstream media has often referred to the protests that occurred to condemn the civilian killings in Kashmir as 'unruly mobs'.

      Punjab: A Dying Civilisation?

      'Villages up for sale' are a unique symbol of distress and devastation in Punjab. It was a first-of-its-kind protest in India at that time. In March 2002, Harkishanpura of Bathinda district put itself up for sale and then Mal Singh Wala of Mansa district followed in 2005. Both of these villages are situated in cotton belt of Malwa. Both have a common reason -- the Water crisis. It was a desperate step that was taken by the villagers. Now, this water distress has engulfed the villages of the apparently 'eco-prosperous' area of Puadh. A village in Patiala district near Chandigarh - Mirzapur Sandharsi is contemplating putting itself up for sale. The reason is the same "waterlessness" that has now become a nightmare for this village too. After reading reports in the media, we visited this village - what was bluntly visible and extremely disturbing to find is that Punjab is fast turning into a waterless region. It can be Harkishanpura, Mandi Khurd or MalSingh Wala or Teja Rohella, Dona Nanka near Fazilka or Mirzapur Sandharsi - villages after villages are caught in the grip of a severe water crisis.

      Oceans' Demise Near Irreversible

      Kelp forests such as those off the Northwest U.S. coast, along with corals, sea grasses, mangroves and salt marsh grasses, are threatened by the changes the oceans are undergoing, the report says. All of them provide habitat for thousands of species. The polar bear isn't the only polar mammal that faces an escalating risk of extinction, the report says; penguin and seal populations also are declining.

      "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed. Oh had I the ability, and could reach the nation's ear, I would, pour out a fiery stream of biting ridicule, blasting reproach, withering sarcasm, and stern rebuke. "For it is not light that is needed, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. "We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake."
      -
      Frederick Douglass, 1852

      Brazil: Urgent - Severe attack on Flaskô workers! Judge decides that the factory must close!

      The decision of this court is based on the same "logic" as the court decision that ordered the intervention in Cipla and Interfibra in Joinville, on May 31, 2005. There, the judge said it "would not be to the social good to keep open the plants," and ending with the question that explains all the concerns of the capitalists: "Imagine if this trend were to become established?" Here the situation is very similar. It clearly demonstrates the class role that is exercised by the judiciary. But, as always, within the very bourgeois legal framework, we see the dismantling of the rights won by the workers historically, especially those guaranteed by the Constitution.

      Grow up, Mr M F Hussain

      It brings back to my mind an episode that happened to The Hindu some years ago. [1991] You had a separate weekly page for children with cartoons, quizzes, and with poems and articles of school children. In one such weekly page The Hindu printed a venerable bearded man -- fully robed with head dress, mouthing some passages of the Koran -- trying to teach children. It was done not only in good faith but as a part of inculcating values to children from the Koran. All hell broke loose. Your office witnessed goons who rushed in -- demanded an apology -- held out threats. In Ambur, Vaniambadi and Vellore the papers stands were burned -- the copies of The Hindu were consigned to the fire. A threat to raise the issue in Parliament through a Private Members Bill was held out -- Hectic activities went on -- I am not sure of the nature and the machinations behind the scene. But The Hindu next day brought out a public apology in its front page. Where were you Ram? How secular and tolerant were the Muslims? Well this is of the past -- today it is worse because the communal temperature in this country is at a all high -- even a small friction can ignite and demolish the country's peace and harmony. It is against this background that one should view Hussain who is bent on abusing and insulting the Hindu Gods and Goddesses. Respect for religious sentiments, need to maintain peace and harmony should also be part of the agenda of an artist -- if he is great. If it is absent then he cannot say that he respects India and express his longing for India. - Dr Mrs Hilda Raja

      Deficit Terrorists Strike In The UK - USA Next?

      Unlike the EMU countries, the governments of England, the United States, and other sovereign nations can still borrow from their own central banks, funding much-needed programs essentially interest-free. They can but they probably won't, because they have been deceived into relinquishing that sovereign power to an overreaching financial sector bent on controlling the money systems of the world privately and autocratically. Professor Carroll Quigley, an insider groomed by the international bankers, revealed this plan in 1966, writing in Tragedy and Hope: "[T]he powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences." - Ellen Brown

      I Have Seen Her Crying

      After brutal murder of Jasinta by the security forces, her husband Jairam Singh has been playing a role of mother too. He looks after his three kids - Amrita Kumari, Suchit Kumar and Vibha Kumari. Now his youngest baby Vibha Kumari is surviving on cattle milk. Whenever the security forces faced bullet there is a tendency of the national media debate. The biggest question here is why there is no such national debate for Vibha, Suchit and Amrita? Why those beautiful shining faces do not debate in television channels when innocent children are made orphans by the bullet of the security forces? Why the Media is not sensitive to the issues of the Adivasis like Jasinta's kids? Are these three kids not innocent? Are they a security threat to the nation? Why don't we believe on the words of innocent villagers who have been facing the bullets of the security forces continually? Why there is a tendency of believing only on the holy words of the security forces and local police whose bullets take away the right to life of these innocent villagers. - Gladson Dungdung

      The existence of exploitation in society can be ascertained through the prevalence of such factors as extreme poverty; social insecurity; injustices against the common people; lack of purchasing capacity to acquire the minimum requirements of life; huge economic and social differences between various classes; the irrational distribution of wealth; etc. The present social, economic and political conditions in India exemplify all these ailments. India is on the verge of revolution.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and
      do not necessarily reflect those of the World Prout Assembly.

      The World Prout Assembly is a non-profit organization affiliated with
      Proutist Universal Global Headquarters, Kolkata, India

      One World, One Humanity, One Family!

      --
      Garda Ghista
      World Prout Assembly