31Remember the illegal destruction of Iraq?

  • World Prout Assembly
    Jan 31, 2010

      PROUT stands for PROgressive UTilization Theory. It means, the progressive utilization and rational distribution of all the earth's natural resources. PROUT advocates another type of revolution called "nuclear revolution." In nuclear revolution, every aspect of collective life - social, economic, political, cultural, psychic and spiritual - is completely transformed. New moral and spiritual values arise in society which provide the impetus for accelerated social progress. The old era is replaced by a new era - one collective psychology is replaced by another. This type of revolution results in all-round development and social progress.

      Dear readers, WPA accepts no corporate funding. Please help us to survive and continue the work of informing you all of what's happening in the real world. Please if you can, send us donations. Checks can be made out to "World Prout Assembly" and mailed to Garda Ghista, World Prout Assembly, 104 Ross Avenue, Bellevue, KY 41073, USA. If you feel the news here is important, please help us to survive. We don't mind doing the work. We just need help with funding. Thank you very much!

      We have begun organizing the Second Summit of the World Prout Assembly. It will take place November 25-28, 2010 in Hyderabad, India. Please visit the conference website - www.wpasummit2010.org for more details. Some of you wrote to us that the First Summit was the best conference you had ever attended. Others wrote that the Radford conference was a glorious event. We intend to make the Second Summit even better, even more glorious, than the first. We hope that all of you will plan to attend. Those wishing to help with the organizing should please write to wpaeditor@....

      Check out the WPA Conference site - www.wpasummit2010.org

      Israeli mind-scanner may take over US airports

      The device, which functions by blending high computer technology and behavioral psychology, is essentially designed to "get inside the evildoers head" without the subject's knowledge and prevent him or her from placing the lives of fellow travelers in jeopardy.

      Who Will Feed Our Children?

      Children were particularly at risk, as nearly 200,000 more households with children slipped into the food insecure category since 2007. Unemployment, low wage jobs, declines in food pantry supplies and cuts in state and local food programs, all produced negative outcomes for children. As the economic downturn moves from crisis to permanent reality, a frightening question emerges. Who will feed our children? - Billy Wharton

      The Lie of Law: Courts Bow to State's Raw Power

      Again, remember the context of this ruling. It deals with the Leader's power over foreign citizens in lands that the Leader's armies are occupying. The judicial "reasoning" expressed by Judge Brown could apply, without the slightest alteration, to the Nazi regime's various programs of mass killing and "indefinite detention" of "enemy" foreigners in occupied lands. - Chris Floyd

      China's credit tightening exacerbates global financial instability

      The collapse of China's speculative asset bubbles would trigger financial instability at home and could lead to the slowing or even reversal of Beijing's purchases of US Treasury bonds and other dollar investments. The result would be a fresh round of financial crises in the US, which is dependent on the inflow of money, particularly from Asia. For all the talk of China representing a new "model" of capitalism, its financial instability could well be the catalyst for a deeper global economic crisis.

      Jan 26, 2010
      -
      Dear Readers,
      -
      My name is David Kendall. An urgency has come to my attention, and it's time for someone to sound the alarm. The administrators of World Prout Assembly are in dire need of financial assistance, not merely to maintain a public Internet presence, but to provide for their own basic needs like housing and food to eat. In lieu of eviction, homelessness and hunger, it seems perfectly reasonable for me to request everyone who benefits from the services provided here to donate as little as $10 per month or even $1 per month -- starting immediately -- to maintain the health and safety of the kind and generous people who provide this great service. Please respond now!
      -
      There are plenty of other "progressive" Web sites that constantly solicit donations, and I've routinely urged the administrators of World Prout Assembly to do the same. Labor costs money because dead workers don't produce anything -- including progressive Web sites. Even so, the administrators of World Prout Assembly have somehow maintained its Internet presence for nearly five consecutive years without aggressively pursuing any donations. Over time, however, personal finances and benevolent grants from personal friends have been exhausted. So the time has come for the services provided by World Prout Assembly to become self-supporting through small contributions from the many readers and writers it benefits.
      -
      Granted, World Prout Assembly provides new writers with an opportunity for initial public exposure and existing writers with a public channel to experiment with new ideas. But the services provided here are not merely distributive. Perhaps most importantly, this Web site is a massive accumulation of historical data. Instead of history being written exclusively by those who own intellectual property rights to the information and the publishers who do their bidding, this Web site is a free and open opportunity for history to be written by the people who actually live it -- in their homes and in their neighborhoods and in their communities.
      -
      Moreover, the information provided here by both amateur and professional journalists forces many mainstream journalists to think twice about the information they randomly toss on the cutting-room floor. It's also an opportunity for you and me to publicly analyze and critique the typical bias of mainstream media. To force an increase in these trends and to prevent their dissolution, Web sites like this one must be financially empowered by active participants over time.
      -
      In the near future, digital Internet transactions will hopefully be available for making your donations. In the meantime, the administrators of World Prout Assembly are now hurting in a bad way, and they need your help today. A check or a money order for five dollars or even one dollar is less than the cost of a monthly subscription to your local newspaper. Larger one-time donations of $50 or more would be a great help to get these folks through a very rough time. At this point, the amount donated by each individual doesn't matter nearly as much as getting everybody to donate something -- no matter how little.
      -
      So please -- DONATE -- everybody!! Please send a check or a money order made out to "World Prout Assembly" to the following address. Thank you.
      -
      World Prout Assembly
      c/o Barbara Walker
      104 Ross Avenue
      Bellevue, Kentucky 41073
      USA
      -
      Sincerely,

      David Kendall
      Economic Democracy Advocate

      -

      Shrimp's Dirty Secrets: Why America's Favorite Seafood Is a Health and Environmental Nightmare

      A more responsible farming system involves closed, inland ponds that use their wastewater for agricultural irrigation instead of allowing it to pollute oceans or other waterways. According to the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch program, when a farm has good disease management protocols, it does not need to use so many antibiotics or other chemicals. - Jill Richardson

      Love is most free and at the same time most bound

      In love all the contradictions of existence merge themselves and are lost. Only in love are unity and duality not at variance. Love must be one and two at the same time. Only love is motion and rest in one. Our heart ever changes its place till it finds love, and then it has its rest... Bondage and liberation are not antagonistic in love. for love is most free and at the same time most bound.

      Rabindranath Tagore

      Troops fire on starving crowds in Haiti

      "The U.S. response to the earthquake should be considered an embarrassment. Our operation received virtually no support from any branch of the US government, including the State Department. As we ran out of various supplies we had no means to acquire more.... Later, as we were leaving Haiti, we were appalled to see warehouse-size quantities of unused medicines, food and other supplies at the airport, surrounded by hundreds of US and international soldiers standing around aimlessly."

      India's Agriculture Minister Fiddles, While The Country Faces The Heat On Food Prices

      I have throughout maintained that the food prices are on an upswing because the Ministry for Food and Agriculture wants the prices to rise. There is no other reason why the prices should go up. At the same time, if it was not for the compulsions of the coalition politics, I am sure any strong government would have removed the Food and Agriculture minister by now. - Devinder Sharma

      Today there is catastrophe and misery in human society and there is one reason: the defective leadership of society. People blindly follow even unintelligent leaders. The leaders hypnotize and attract thousands with their tall talks, gestures and other dramatics. Understand that the poverty and misery of any people in any country are the sins of the leaders. True leaders should always be vigilant and think how to work best for human society: they must be ever cautious that under their guidance the people are not led to darkness, death and immorality.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      haiti-100.jpg
      The agony

      haiti-101.jpg
      Bodies dumped en masse

      haiti-102.jpg
      Old woman in pain

      haiti-104.jpg
      More bodies

      Another Intrusion Called Cargill Changes Food Market

      Overall the price situation worsened because of leaving both farmers and consumers to the mercy of traders and middlemen. And, thus, Yudhvir Singh is for urgent Government intervention to instill confidence among the farmers through policy changes vis-à-vis trading of food grains. - Abid Shah

      On The State Of The Union

      Why President Obama did not tell tens of millions of Americans Wednesday evening about how to break the logjam, the gridlock on health insurance, energy, jobs, financial reform and other measures, that they dislike, is a question only he can answer. "Certainly Senate Rule 22 itself should be changed, so that there is ultimately a simple majority for a cloture limiting debate vote," according to Geoghegan. - Ralph Nader

      A Year Of Lalgarh

      The movement in Lalgarh still continues, and is expected to gain greater heights as the Indian state goes into an all out war against the people in the entire adivasi-populated region of India. The state might consider Lalgarh to be the laboratory for such an operation, but it might finally prove to be the mortuary of the same. Terrible oppression, daily firings and indiscriminate arrests of people have not been able to subdue Lalgarh. The people of jangalmahal have stood up, and they will not bow down again. - Partho Sarathi Ray

      India For Selective Assassination Of Its Own Citizens?

      Recent statements from Indian leaders and police officers gives away the new strategy on the war on Naxalism. To make the movement "headless" by carrying out selective assassination of its leaders with the help of Israeli operatives

      Where there is torture of good people, the system which supports it will surely be destroyed. There are many good people in this world who want to do good work. You should convince them, work with them and organize them to do maximum service for the suffering humanity.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      sikkim-2.jpg

      Karnataka's Hindu Right Targets Churches in response to Attacks on Indians in Australia

      The accused were purportedly trying to pull down the cross, which is a few metres from the church. But some custodians of the church saw them and raised an alarm, forcing the culprits to flee. But it is not a religious issue. It is a racial issue. It is an immigration issue. It is also an issue of helpless frustration in Australans at lack of employment and other social ills. - Garda

      India Shining: Passages To And From My Country

      I no longer do, though. I fear this new India, where I should have great difficulty fitting in. My father was given to pronouncing the dictum of "simple living, high thinking," a piece of advice at which, growing up, I invariably scoffed, thinking it just a ploy of my father's to avoid getting me whatever gewgaw it was I had my childish heart set on at the time. Knowing my father, it may still have been that, but it must be a sign of approaching old age that this philosophy is now beginning to make sense. I am unable to find my way among the towering glass-fronted malls rampant across the metropolitan skyscapes, the enormous SUVs straddling roads so narrow people flatten themselves against the walls of houses and stand above open sewers to let the monsters roll by, the billboards shrieking determinedly of the desirability of a completely unsustainable way of life. - Pubali Ray Chaudhuri

      How they pulled their farm back from the brink

      "Trying to measure the success of water harvesting only with increased water level is not fair. The vegetation improves, so does the soil moisture." Shree Padre reports on an arecanut farming family's success.

      The War Against Nature Resumes

      All industries strive not only towards monopoly but also towards monoculture: domination of the natural or cultural landscape. This is what George Orwell meant when he remarked that "the logical end of mechanical progress is to reduce the human being to something resembling a brain in a bottle". Industry, if left unchecked, tolerates no deviance. It seeks to shrink both the range of human experience and the wonders of the natural world until they fit into the container it has made for them. We could lose badgers and - except for those of us who spend summer evenings watching them as they shuffle out of their setts - suffer few tangible losses. But the urge to destroy them springs from the same pathological instinct for power which would deprive us of almost everything. - George Monbiot

      "PROUT always stands for the cause of exploited people, irrespective of race, nation, religion etc., and always opposes all types of exploitation. But as poverty is the main problem in the world today, PROUT gives top priority to opposing economic exploitation, as this affects the livelihood and existence of the people."
      -
      Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar, Founder of PROUT

      potter-2.jpg

      Ominous April: Siliguri

      The civil society in North Bengal - be it in the hills or valley - too has a lot of soul searching to do. Prejudices and stereotypes are pernicious constructs of close minds. The opium of the mass entertainment is befuddling our cultural sensibilities. We have become woefully shorn of both interest and respect for the life and letters of our own next-door neighbor. Meanwhile, contests on TV are converting us into sms citizens of a country whose borders are outlined in outlandish sets, located in nowhereland. A spirit of curiosity and openness in local cross-cultural initiatives can dispel the insecurity around cultural identities. Otherwise, the manufactured culture peddled by the irresponsible and imbecile mass media will continue to shrink the space for real debates of our times, and our place. Fight we must. And fight together. Against two monstrous common enemies - poverty and environmental degradation. - Rajib Sarkar.

      Vision for Sustainability, Resiliency by Post Carbon Institute

      The issue of sustainable agriculture, both urban and rural, was an overall emergent issue of the weekend, with talismanic Wes Jackson, founder and director of The Land Institute, providing an urgent view into a survival system that has been taken for granted. "In the long run, soil is more important than oil," Jackson said, citing research that carbon concentrations in US have been halved since settlement, from 6 percent to 3 percent, because of poor conservation and industrial practices. Grave consequences for climate-change influenced mass migrations were forecast by Brian Schwartz, a Johns Hopkins professor in public health. "Moving populations (because of climate change) will be very bad for society, the environment and health in every aspect."

      The Fateful Geological Prize Called Haiti

      According to Marguerite Laurent ('Ezili Dantò') of the Haitian Lawyers' Leadership Network, under the guise of emergency relief work, the US, France and Canada are engaged in a balkanization of the island for future mineral control. She reports rumors that Canada wants the North of Haiti where Canadian mining interests are already present. The US wants Port-au-Prince and the island of La Gonaive just offshore - an area identified in Aristide's development book as having vast oil resources, and which is bitterly contested by France. She further states that China, with UN veto power over the de facto UN-occupied country, may have something to say against such a US-France-Canada carve up of the vast wealth of the nation. - William Engdahl

      The Foundations of the U.S. Economy have been Destroyed

      The vast majority of the talking heads on television are still speaking of the current economic collapse as if it is a temporary "recession" that will soon be over. So far, the vast majority of the American people seem to believe this as well, although for many Americans there is a very deep gnawing in the pit of their stomachs that is telling them that there is something very, very wrong this time around. The truth is that the foundations of the U.S. economy have been destroyed by an orgy of government, corporate and individual debt that has gone on for decades. It was the greatest party in the history of the world, but now the party is over.

      Every entity in creation, from the subtlest stage to the crudest stage, is alive. Everything is vibrant with life. But why is everything alive, what fills everything with life? It is the sheer joy of living. If there were no joy, no delight, in living, no one would have lived. They would have left this world, by one means or other. Why then are they here? Because they get joy in living here. Else they would not have stayed on. "The seven worlds shine with His light," reflect the brilliance of His effulgent being; and His glory makes everything sparkle with joy. Delighted with that luminosity, the hearts of all are dancing in joy. They want to live, to dance, to work, to see, to achieve, and to reach the Supreme Entity in order to merge in Him with joy. To live like this - this very way of living - is ánanda [bliss]. The world has its being only because of this ánanda. And if this ánanda had not been there, the world also would not have existed at all.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R Sarkar

      doghug.jpg

      Remember the illegal destruction of Iraq?

      They continue to thrive unabated even as Iraq tries to rebuild itself from the devastation they unleashed. As toothless as the British investigation appears to be, at least there's some public reckoning, compelled answers from their leaders, and an attempt to determine the precise nature of their crimes. And the Dutch have formally declared the war in which they were involved to be a crime. By contrast, we treat it all as a pointless relic of the irrelevant and distant past, all because the people who did it have banded together to decree that the worst possible crime is not what they did, but instead, would be if the rest of us examined what they did and insisted on meaningful accountability. - Glenn Greenwald

      --
      Garda Ghista
      World Prout Assembly