      Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:27 AM
      Subject: [WPA News] Howard Zinn Dies at 87

      PROUT stands for PROgressive UTilization Theory. It means, the progressive utilization and rational distribution of all the earth's natural resources. PROUT advocates another type of revolution called "nuclear revolution." In nuclear revolution, every aspect of collective life - social, economic, political, cultural, psychic and spiritual - is completely transformed. New moral and spiritual values arise in society which provide the impetus for accelerated social progress. The old era is replaced by a new era - one collective psychology is replaced by another. This type of revolution results in all-round development and social progress.

      Dear readers, WPA accepts no corporate funding. Please help us to survive and continue the work of informing you all of what's happening in the real world. Please if you can, send us donations. Checks can be made out to "World Prout Assembly" and mailed to Garda Ghista, World Prout Assembly, 104 Ross Avenue, Bellevue, KY 41073, USA. If you feel the news here is important, please help us to survive. We don't mind doing the work. We just need help with funding. Thank you very much!

      We have begun organizing the Second Summit of the World Prout Assembly. It will take place November 25-28, 2010 in Hyderabad, India. Please visit the conference website - www.wpasummit2010. org for more details. Some of you wrote to us that the First Summit was the best conference you had ever attended. Others wrote that the Radford conference was a glorious event. We intend to make the Second Summit even better, even more glorious, than the first. We hope that all of you will plan to attend. Those wishing to help with the organizing should please write to wpaeditor@gmail. com.

      Check out the WPA Conference site - www.wpasummit2010. org

      ============ ========= =

      Dear Readers,

      My name is David Kendall. An urgency has come to my attention, and it's time for someone to sound the alarm. The administrators of World Prout Assembly are in dire need of financial assistance, not merely to maintain a public Internet presence, but to provide for their own basic needs like housing and food to eat. In lieu of eviction, homelessness and hunger, it seems perfectly reasonable for me to request everyone who benefits from the services provided here to donate as little as $10 per month or even $1 per month -- starting immediately -- to maintain the health and safety of the kind and generous people who provide this great service. Please respond now!

      There are plenty of other "progressive" Web sites that constantly solicit donations, and I've routinely urged the administrators of World Prout Assembly to do the same. Labor costs money because dead workers don't produce anything -- including progressive Web sites. Even so, the administrators of World Prout Assembly have somehow maintained its Internet presence for nearly five consecutive years without aggressively pursuing any donations. Over time, however, personal finances and benevolent grants from personal friends have been exhausted. So the time has come for the services provided by World Prout Assembly to become self-supporting through small contributions from the many readers and writers it benefits.

      Granted, World Prout Assembly provides new writers with an opportunity for initial public exposure and existing writers with a public channel to experiment with new ideas. But the services provided here are not merely distributive. Perhaps most importantly, this Web site is a massive accumulation of historical data. Instead of history being written exclusively by those who own intellectual property rights to the information and the publishers who do their bidding, this Web site is a free and open opportunity for history to be written by the people who actually live it -- in their homes and in their neighborhoods and in their communities.

      Moreover, the information provided here by both amateur and professional journalists forces many mainstream journalists to think twice about the information they randomly toss on the cutting-room floor. It's also an opportunity for you and me to publicly analyze and critique the typical bias of mainstream media. To force an increase in these trends and to prevent their dissolution, Web sites like this one must be financially empowered by active participants over time.

      In the near future, digital Internet transactions will hopefully be available for making your donations. In the meantime, the administrators of World Prout Assembly are now hurting in a bad way, and they need your help today. A check or a money order for five dollars or even one dollar is less than the cost of a monthly subscription to your local newspaper. Larger one-time donations of $50 or more would be a great help to get these folks through a very rough time. At this point, the amount donated by each individual doesn't matter nearly as much as getting everybody to donate something -- no matter how little.

      So please -- DONATE -- everybody!! Please send a check or a money order made out to "World Prout Assembly" to the following address. Thank you.

      World Prout Assembly

      c/o Barbara Walker

      104 Ross Avenue

      Bellevue, Kentucky 41073

      USA

      Sincerely,

      David Kendall

      Economic Democracy Advocate

      Haiti's Earthquake: Natural or Engineered -

      ViVe said the US Navy may have had "full knowledge" of the test's damage potential, and speculated it was why Deputy Southern Command General PK Keen was in Haiti when the quake struck, preparing to act in case of a disaster, perhaps an engineered one. In his January 21 Global Research article, Michel Chossudovsky said: "A Haiti disaster relief scenario had been envisaged at the headquarters of US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) in Miami one day prior to the earthquake (since) pre-disaster simulations pertain(ing) to the impacts of a hurricane in Haiti" were conducted. - Stephen Lendman

      Ron Paul Warns Of Coming "Social And Political Chaos"

      "We are rapidly moving toward a dangerous time in our history. Society as we know it is vulnerable to political and social unrest. This impending crisis comes as a consequence of our flawed foreign and domestic economic policies, a silly notion of money, ignorance about central banking, ignoring the onerous power and mischief of out of control intelligence agencies, our unsustainable welfare state and a willingness to sacrifice privacy and civil liberties in an attempt to achieve safety and security from an inept government." "Dangerous times indeed." The Congressman states, stressing that a street fight to restore liberty is not a good option. "The only way that we can prevent blood from running in the streets is to offer a better idea of the proper role of government in a society that desires, first and foremost, liberty." "The social unrest will illicit cries for the government to exert unusual force to head off a complete breakdown of law and order. The ultimate trap will be set for a system of government claiming to protect a free society." Paul states. "If more power and police authority are not given to the Federal government, it will be argued that only anarchy will result. If more government policing power is given, it will mean a lethal threat to civil liberties." - Infowars.net

      Howard Zinn, historian who challenged status quo, dies at 87

      Dr. Zinn was an instructor at Upsala College and lecturer at Brooklyn College before joining the faculty of Spelman College in Atlanta, in 1956. He served at the historically black women's institution as chairman of the history department. Among his students were the novelist Alice Walker, who called him "the best teacher I ever had," and Marian Wright Edelman, future head of the Children's Defense Fund. During this time, Dr. Zinn became active in the civil rights movement. He served on the executive committee of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, the most aggressive civil rights organization of the time, and participated in numerous demonstrations. Dr. Zinn became an associate professor of political science at BU in 1964 and was named full professor in 1966. The focus of his activism now became the Vietnam War. Dr. Zinn spoke at countless rallies and teach-ins and drew national attention when he and another leading antiwar activist, Rev. Daniel Berrigan, went to Hanoi in 1968 to receive three prisoners released by the North Vietnamese.

      US employment situation worsens

      In the two years since the recession began, the US has lost 7.6 million jobs, more than any downturn since the Great Depression. The average time it took to find a job rose to 29.1 weeks in December, the highest figure in records dating back to 1948. Economists do not expect the job situation to improve any time this year. They project, on average, that the jobless rate will stay at its current level of 10 percent throughout 2010. Economists are predicting that any recovery to pre-recession levels will take years. David Rosenberg, formerly of Merrill Lynch, said that the United States is entering "the mother of all jobless recoveries," and that, by a "conservative estimate," it will take 5 years to recover the 7.6 million jobs lost in the recession. Kenneth Rogoff of Harvard University is even more pessimistic. He recently told BusinessWeek, "The US would need to add a good 11 million jobs to bring the unemployment rate back to where it was at the start of the crisis, and over 9 million jobs just to get unemployment back to 6 percent." As for levels of unemployment seen before the recession, he said, "We might not see that for a decade." - Andre Damon

      Today there is catastrophe and misery in human society and there is one reason: the defective leadership of society. People blindly follow even unintelligent leaders. The leaders hypnotize and attract thousands with their tall talks, gestures and other dramatics. Understand that the poverty and misery of any people in any country are the sins of the leaders. True leaders should always be vigilant and think how to work best for human society: they must be ever cautious that under their guidance the people are not led to darkness, death and immorality.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      haiti-100.jpg
      The agony

      haiti-101.jpg
      Bodies dumped en masse

      haiti-102.jpg
      Old woman in pain

      haiti-104.jpg
      More bodies

      The Radiation Boom: As Technology Surges, Radiation Safeguards Lag

      Mrs. Garman's accident occurred in September 2006, when she received twice her prescribed dose five separate times because a physicist had "entered an incorrect magnification factor into the treatment planning computer," according to state regulators. Five months later, she complained of severe pain, and doctors discovered that she had broken ribs, a known side effect of her type of overdose. Mrs. Garman's daughter, Joyce Lilya, said her mother, who had walked two miles daily before the procedure, could now barely walk two blocks. Even though her cancer did not reappear, a year after the overdose, Mrs. Garman ended up in intensive care with breathing troubles. No cause could be determined, her daughter said. A month later, Mrs. Garman took an overdose of Tylenol, tied a plastic bag around her head and killed herself. "I was really trying, but it was too much for me," she said in a note. "Let me go!!! Please." Ms. Lilya said she and her family were stunned, calling her mother a "positive person" who would never hurt herself even though her husband had died several months earlier. Seeking reasons for her mother's suicide, Ms. Lilya began searching the Internet and reached out with dozens of calls and e-mail messages to professional groups and government agencies. Only then, she said, did she learn of the radiation overdose. Much to her surprise, the state had cited the hospital only for failing to promptly report the mistake to state authorities. There was no fine. And while Mrs. Garman's medical records show that she had asked for a written account of her overdose, the hospital could produce no such document nor was one in her medical file.

      WE SEND DOCTORS, NOT SOLDIERS.

      The situation was far more serious than was originally thought. Tens of thousands of injured were clamoring for help in the streets of Port-au-Prince; innumerable persons laid, dead or alive, under the rubbled clay or adobe used in the construction of the houses where the overwhelming majority of the population lived. Buildings, even the most solid, collapsed. Besides, it was necessary to look for the Haitian doctors who had graduated at the Latin American Medicine School throughout all the destroyed neighborhoods. Many of them were affected, either directly or indirectly, by the tragedy. Some UN officials were trapped in their dormitories and tens of lives were lost, including the lives of several chiefs of MINUSTAH, a UN contingent. The fate of hundreds of other members of its staff was unknown. - Fidel Castro Ruz

      The Women of Haiti

      See the plight of the women of Haiti. Their crime? To be born on a mountain of oil. - Garda Ghista

      http://www.uruknet. de/?s1=1&p=62609&s2=27

      Haiti: Human Trafficking On The Rise After Earthquake

      Before the earthquake, more than 300,000 children were already in forced labor in Haiti. Human trafficking was already an issue. Now, it will only get worse. Haiti's population currently consists of poor youth-45% of the population is under 15 years of age. With new international aid and emerging reconstruction plans, developing a long-term economic plan is also an important ingredient. Stable incomes and economic options for communities reduce the risk of people falling into human trafficking. Like the country, human rights for the people need to be rebuilt to ensure trafficking and exploitation is not the normal way of life for Haiti in the future.

      Where there is torture of good people, the system which supports it will surely be destroyed. There are many good people in this world who want to do good work. You should convince them, work with them and organize them to do maximum service for the suffering humanity.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      sikkim-2.jpg

      "Reconstructing Haiti" on starvation wages

      In reality, Haiti is now being run by the US military, which has deployed over 13,000 troops and unilaterally taken control of the country's airport and port facilities. The Pentagon has dominated the provision of relief, which it has subordinated to the number one priority of deploying combat-equipped US soldiers and Marines, much to the detriment of injured and hungry Haitians waiting for life-saving medical supplies and food. The US newsweekly Time gave expression to the real situation, referring to the top US military commander in the country, US Lt. Gen. Ken Keen, as "the de facto king of Haiti." Meanwhile, the Haitian people have seen or heard nothing of Haitian President René Préval. - Bil Van Auken

      The Constitution Of India As A Tool Of Resistance

      Interestingly the Judiciary has asserted the centrality of Ambedkar's vision of the architecture of the Constitution of India in evolving the Basic Structure Doctrine and predominance of place given to the fundamental rights chapter. It is precisely this vision that also came to the rescue of the Indian democracy in the aftermath of the dark days of the Emergency. It is also fascinating to note how this vision has been progressively used by the Judiciary, particularly in the days of evolution of Judicial Activism in trying to secure socio-economic justice within the paradigm of Constitutional Rights particularly vis-à-vis marginalized communities. It is in this context that it becomes important to read the history of the Constitution of India as being rooted in the Poona Pact, re-appropriate the Constitution of India as a document representing the aspirations of marginalized communities, be it Dalits, Adivasis, religious or sexuality minorities, women or whomsoever and use it as a tool of resistance against subversions by State and non- State actors! - Bobby Kunhu

      INSOUCIANT AMERICANS

      There is little doubt that those interested in leading the U.S. deeper into a police state and deeper into a "war on terror" are active in adding orchestrated events to whatever real ones real terrorists manage to accomplish. As former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury Paul Craig Roberts points out, to keep the peril alive for Americans, we have the Underwear Bomb Plot.

      Poverty And Domestic Violence

      Amartya Sen (1999) has rightly quoted, 'nothing arguably is as important in the world today in the political economy of development as an adequate recognition of political, economic and social participation and leadership of women. This is indeed a crucial aspect of "development as freedom." Some women may say, "Well, he only did it when he drank. He was acting that way because of some things I did or said. If I change things just a little bit he might stop. He just got laid off from his job and he was depressed, and that's why he's acting out this way. Once he gets a job he'll stop." There is always a "reason", and these are all excuses; it doesn't matter what the reason, he doesn't have the right to hit her. This is the key. It's very hard sometimes for women who are caught up in these situations to be clear about that. - Aditi Paul

      "PROUT always stands for the cause of exploited people, irrespective of race, nation, religion etc., and always opposes all types of exploitation. But as poverty is the main problem in the world today, PROUT gives top priority to opposing economic exploitation, as this affects the livelihood and existence of the people."
      -
      Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar, Founder of PROUT

      potter-2.jpg

      We Need Your Help!

      Jan 26, 2010

[...]

      Gates Threatens Obama with US Military Coup

      Jan 24, 2010 - According to today's New York Times, flying home on his way back from Pakistan, Secretary of "Defense" Gates "relaxed on the 14-hour trip home by watching 'Seven Days in May,' the cold war-era film about an attempted military coup in the United States." Gosh, that's really relaxing! All of a sudden out of nowhere Gates resurrects this ancient film and ostentatiously lets the New York Times and the other media know that he is watching it on his Pentagon plane home. Obviously, Gates is sending a threat to Obama and the civilian "leadership" in America: You risk a military coup if you do not do exactly what we in the Pentagon tell you to do. This is no idle threat. And it can happen here in America. Just remember the plutocratic sponsored military coup attempt against President Franklin Roosevelt that was thwarted by retired Marine Corps General Smedley Butler under similar economic and political conditions. If it had succeeded that anti-FDR coup would have established a fascist dictatorship in America. I am not comparing Obama to FDR by any means. But the historical parallels should be obvious to everyone. And remember that Bush's General Tommy Franks publicly stated that in the event of another major terrorist attack on America, the American people would demand that the military shut the civilian government down. In other words, Gen. Franks too publicly threatened a military coup against this Republic's democratically elected civilian leadership.

      Dr. Francis Boyle

      As Times Get Tough, It is Time for Beans and Rice

      With jobs getting scarce and the economy falling amidst rumors of food shortages in large communities, here is a suggestion. Use bulk rice and beans. You'll cut your food costs considerably if you shop for bulk rice and beans at your local organic food supplier. Good nutrition and high fiber, and a good deal of protein, are included. You may be surprised at how tasty this staple can be.

      You are the vanguards of the new civilization

      Yours should be a glorious march towards the Supreme Goal, and you should remember that you are not to pause a moment during this movement. The entire human society is anxiously waiting for you, for your service. You will have to shoulder a great responsibility for this suffering humanity. You know that humanity is bleeding, and you will have to save it. You should remember that if you do not help humanity, who else will come and shoulder the responsibility? It is you, you are to do everything. You are the torch bearers of human civilization. You are the pioneers of the human march, you are the vanguards of the new civilization.
      -
      Shri Prabhat R. Sarkar

      sikkim-1000.jpg

      Every entity in creation, from the subtlest stage to the crudest stage, is alive. Everything is vibrant with life. But why is everything alive, what fills everything with life? It is the sheer joy of living. If there were no joy, no delight, in living, no one would have lived. They would have left this world, by one means or other. Why then are they here? Because they get joy in living here. Else they would not have stayed on. "The seven worlds shine with His light," reflect the brilliance of His effulgent being; and His glory makes everything sparkle with joy. Delighted with that luminosity, the hearts of all are dancing in joy. They want to live, to dance, to work, to see, to achieve, and to reach the Supreme Entity in order to merge in Him with joy. To live like this - this very way of living - is ánanda [bliss]. The world has its being only because of this ánanda. And if this ánanda had not been there, the world also would not have existed at all.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R Sarkar

      doghug.jpg

      January 12th - The walk to AMSAI - Report from Haiti When it Happened

      Eventually the bus stopped bouncing up and down and everyone started jumping through the windows and many pushing and squeezing to fit through the doors of the bus out onto the street. Since I'm not the type of person to run without knowing what I'm running from, I just remember standing on the now empty bus looking at Jean who had just stepped off to see what was happening. His face said it all as he looked at me through the glass window and screamed for me to immediately get off the bus. When I did, I was not prepared to see the Hospital collapsed onto the newly built and beautifully lanscaped restaurant. It was only yesterday that Jean and I had made it a point to visit the gardens of this new and stylish restaurant one day.

      haiti-1001.jpg

      This was definately comparable to 911 or a Will Smith blockbuster film, with people running towards us covered in blood and white dust all over their bodies. I saw women screaming with their unconcious babies covered in blood. One women was trying to get a motorcycle taxi to give her a ride somewhere with her dying child in her arms and the motorcycle taxi crying, hunched over the bike and telling her that he can't having seen too much already and being obviously afraid of the unknown. This mother, barefoot and in her bra and shorts, whailed in horror, screaming for help. Everywhere I looked I saw destruction and fear. People were frantic and trying to get to a safe place, but where? Drivers of cars were confused, speeding, almost hitting people, trying to get out away, but where to? Every building had collapsed and the only sounds were those of people screaming from beneath toppled over buildings or in front of you, behind you and unknown distant places. I remember Jean being so aware of the electrical wires and not wanting us to stand anywhere where something could fall on us. In fact we spent the first moments of this disaster trying to understand what was happening and trying to find somewhere safe to stand. - Janelle Clarke,

      NOAA: December Global Ocean Temperature Second Warmest on Record

      The global ocean surface temperature was the second warmest on record for December, according to scientists at NOAA's National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. Based on records going back to 1880, the monthly NCDC analysis is part of the suite of climate services NOAA provides. Scientists also reported the combined global land and ocean surface temperature was the eighth warmest on record for December. For 2009, global temperatures tied with 2006 as the fifth-warmest on record. Also, the earth's land surface for 2009 was seventh-warmest (tied with 2003) and the ocean surface was fourth-warmest (tied with 2002 and 2004.)

      India still home to largest illiterate population: UNESCO

      Ms. Bokova, Executive Director of the UN body for education, warned that the present financial crisis would cause parents and governments to scale back on educating their children. The Education For All Monitoring Global Report comes out in the backdrop of a financial crisis that is driving millions into extreme poverty. "In short it would create a lost generation.. . a tremendous cost to society," she added. "It could force governments to cut their spending on education and parents to pull their children out of school or simply not to send them," Ms. Bokova said, at the launch of the report here at the UN headquarters. The report also finds that low-income countries provide poor quality education and caste system obstructs education in South Asia.

      Revisiting The Shock Doctrine in the Wake of Haiti Disaster

      Uniting all these examples of people rebuilding for themselves is a common theme: participants say they are not just repairing buildings but healing themselves. It makes perfect sense. The universal experience of living through a great shock is the feeling of being completely powerless: in the face of awesome forces, parents lose the ability to save their children, spouses are separated, homes-places of protection-become death traps. The best way to recover from helplessness turns out to be helping-having the right to be part of a communal recovery. "Reopening our school says this is a very special community, tied together by more than location but by spirituality, by bloodlines and by a desire to come home," said the assistant principal of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School in the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans. - Naomi Klein

      We should not forget even for a moment that this whole animate world is a large family in which nature has not assigned any property to any particular individual. Individual ownership has been created by selfish opportunists so that they might take advantage of the defects of this system in order to grow fatter in a parasitic way. When the whole property of this universe has been inherited by all creatures, how then can there be any justification for a system in which someone receives a flow of huge excess, while others die for lack of a handful of grain? ...The aspiration to become rich by exploiting others is a sort of mental malady. In fact, if the eternal hunger of the human soul does not find the real path leading to mental and spiritual wealth, it becomes engaged in the work of depriving other of their rights; it robs them of their material resources. If any member of a family seizes food from a store by application of mental or physical force, he certainly becomes the cause of misery to others. Similar is the case when a capitalist says, "We have seized wealth by intelligence and labour. If others have mental and physical potentialities they may also do it. Who objects to it?" They do not want to realize that the volume of commodities is limited whereas requirements are common to all. In most spheres, abundance for one individual takes the bread out of the mouths of others. It is a mental ailment not to understand this common necessity.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      poverty-14.jpg

      MASSACHUSETTS CALLING: HARNESSING INDEPENDENTS' ANGER AND DISILLUSIONMENT TO FORM A 2ND (I.E., NON-CORPORATE) PARTY

      My father used to call that kind of talk "bullsh*t for the birds" (minus the asterisk!) I tried to call-in during the day that Rice was spouting these inanities, the day before the Mass election (pardon the pun, but let's hold Mass now, you good Kennedy Libs!) I wanted to say that the likelihood of Dems growing "backbone" (my word), suddenly transforming into a party for the people, withdrawing the slipshod health care reform bill and standing firm behind a health care bill with teeth and nails and claws was about as likely as a Wall Street tycoon donating a couple of hundred million of his ill-gotten rip-off money to help desperate strangers in Haiti--or anywhere else! - Gary Corseri

      One Quarter of US Grain Crops Fed to Cars - Not People, New Figures Show

      "There is a direct link between biofuels and food prices. The needs of the hungry must come before the needs of cars," said Meredith Alexander, biofuels campaigner at ActionAid in London. As well as the effect on food, campaigners also argue that many scientists question whether biofuels made from food crops actually save any greenhouse gas emissions. But ethanol producers deny that their record production means less food. "Continued innovation in ethanol production and agricultural technology means that we don't have to make a false choice between food and fuel. We can more than meet the demand for food and livestock feed while reducing our dependence on foreign oil through the production of homegrown renewable ethanol," said Tom Buis, the chief executive of industry group Growth Energy.- John Vidal

      Can a vegetarian diet improve or restore health? Can it prevent certain diseases?

      Dairy products, grains, beans, and nuts are all concentrated sources of protein. Cheese, peanuts, and lentils, for instance, contain more protein per ounce than hamburger, pork, or porterhouse steak. Still, nutritionists thought until recently that only meat, fish, eggs, and milk products had complete proteins (containing the eight amino acids not produced in the body), and that all vegetable proteins were incomplete (lacking one or more of these amino acids). But research at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden and the Max Planck Institute in Germany has shown that most vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, and grains are excellent sources of complete proteins. In fact, their proteins are easier to assimilate than those of meat and they don't bring with them any toxins. It's nearly impossible to lack protein if you eat enough natural unrefined food. Remember, the vegetable kingdom is the real source of all protein. Vegetarians simply eat it direct instead of getting it second-hand from the vegetarian animals. Too much protein intake even reduces the body's energy. In a series of comparative endurance tests conducted by Dr. Irving Fisher of Yale University, vegetarians performed twice as well as meateaters. When Dr. Fisher knocked down the nonvegetarians' protein consumption by twenty percent, their efficiency went up thirty-three percent. Numerous other studies have shown that a proper vegetarian diet provides more nutritional energy than meat. A study by Dr. J. Iotekyo and V. Kipani at Brussels University showed that vegetarians were able to perform physical tests two to three times longer than meat-eaters before tiring out and the vegetarians fully recovered from fatigue three times more quickly than the meateaters.

      Funding Public Health Care With a Publicly Owned Bank: How Canada Did It

      Contrary to popular belief, adding to the money supply in this way would not be inflationary. Inflation results when "demand" (money) exceeds "supply" (goods and services). In this case, the new money would be used to create new goods and services, keeping supply in balance with demand. That the result would not be inflationary is particularly true today, when we are suffering from a deflationary crisis. As in the Great Depression, money is not available to buy products and fund programs because the money supply itself has collapsed. The solution is not to slash programs, but to put more money into the economy, and that can be done by authorizing the government to create the money it needs for infrastructure and social services through its own bank. - Ellen Brown

      Just as the advent of the purple dawn is inevitable at the end of the cimmerian darkness of the inter-lunar night, exactly in the same way I know that a gloriously brilliant chapter will also come after the endless reproach and humiliation of the neglected humanity of today. Those who love humanity and those who desire the welfare of living beings should be vigorously active from this very moment, after shaking off all lethargy and sloth, so that the most auspicious hour arrives at the earliest.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      paddy.jpg

      Expert Explains the Flu Vaccine Deception and the Swine Flu Hoax

      You may recall over the summer when the World Health Organization raised the swine flu threat level from a 5 to a 6, which meant this is a full-blown pandemic. As Dr. Chopra explains, this decision, along with the news that the virus was "mutating," may have been completely unfounded. "Who is the Directorate General of the WHO to say that "I'm raising it to pandemic level #6?" Based on what? At the same time, from the same sources, we're receiving information that we think sooner or later, the virus is going to mutate. We don't know when but it is going to. How did they know that? How do they come to that conclusion? Then we hear the new virus H1N1 has components: the bird flu, H5N1, or the other way around. When you use these kinds of numbers and technical words, it frightens people because they don't understand what H or N stands for. They take people's words for it and the media picks it up and then starts to say, "This is very different. This is entirely different. This has components of the 1918 flu and the bird flu. It also has the swine flu." And you go around in Mexico and you get H1N1 in the swine right now. So you make six, eight or ten different drugs, different vaccines as many as the companies, and then you say, "Some will be live and they'll be given in the nose, some will be killed, some will have adjuvants like squalene oils. And some people are being given nasal vaccine, so that means a live virus. If you're putting a drop in the nose like you put the drop of polio in the mouth, then those are the portals of entry that obviously mean this is a live virus. If it's a live virus, then you actually maybe creating a pandemic with whatever you manufactured in the laboratory. If it's a live virus then that's what could happen," he states.

      Rape Of The Hills

      Comrade Vaishali Patil who is spearheading the movement said, "The protest is grass-root based and people are realising their power. A handful of people have managed to bring down the State to its knees. The public hearing clearly revealed that the State is functioning for the industrialists and have nothing to do with people...and people have realised that they will not allow their land, forests or hills to be doled out for exploitation." Come dusk and under the muddy yellow light of bulbs, the gloaming silent shadows dance with an angry energy in the porch of the houses, as strategies and tactics are thrashed out to stop the usurpation of their land, forests and water. - Prabhat Sharan

      The Siege Of Haiti

      The outpouring of concern and solidarity from ordinary people in the U.S. and around the world in the wake of Haiti's earthquake stands in stark contrast to the cold-hearted attitude of the U.S. government toward any Haitian who wants to flee the desperate economic and political conditions that the U.S. helped to create. Haitians deserve more than refuge in the U.S. At the very least, those who wish to travel to the U.S. should be granted full amnesty. Beyond this, the U.S. government owes huge reparations for just the last few decades of imperialist plunder. Only the Haitian people have the right to decide how their country will recover from this natural disaster. They deserve the right to determine the course of their recovery from generations of imperialism as well. - Rachel Cohen & Alan Maass

      Haitians Dying By The Thousands As US Escalates Military Intervention

      The US media never so much as hints that there could be anything but the sincerest humanitarian motives behind Washington's assertion of control over Haiti. It makes no reference to the country's history, which includes a two-decade US occupation at the beginning of the twentieth century, the deployment of US troops twice in the last 20 years, and Washington's orchestration of a 2004 coup that ousted and exiled Haiti's elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide. In publications reflecting the views of the military-intelligen ce apparatus, however, there are franker assessments of Washington's objectives and the real mission. The American Enterprise Institute's Center for Defense Studies issued a "crisis update" on Haiti, warning: "Conducting a 'humanitarian relief' mission in a poor country stricken by a natural disaster can quickly embroil the United States in local politics. And desperate people can easily become violent people." The statement continued by affirming, "Beyond delivering relief, US soldiers and Marines will inevitably find themselves securing the peace." Part of this mission, it added, would be "to ensure that Haiti's gangs--particularly those loyal to ousted President Jean-Bertrand Aristide--are suppressed." - Bill Van Auken

      "History bears testimony that whenever a person states the absolute truth in any sphere of life, whether it be spiritual, social, economic or otherwise; sought clarification of doubts or protested against injustice and wrongs, the evil forces forthwith plotted against the person, administered poison, slandered and assaulted that person with rage, misused authority and mercilessly dealt blow after blow; but the blows boomeranged and ultimately the evil forces were annihilated by those very blows. Remember, by an unalterable decree of history, the evil forces are destined to meet their final doom."
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      sunrise.jpg

      Dumping Ground of the Caribbean: Haiti and Toxic Waste

      Brown was reporting on his success in getting Congress to say one thing but do another. On foreign aid, he proved more than worth his annual retainer. While he represented Haiti, annual U.S. assistance increased from $35 million to $55 million. Brown offered not a word in the memo about human rights. Brown went on to serve as President Clinton's Secretary of Commerce, which is one of the agencies that oversees toxic waste shipments and promotes corporate investment in Haiti, particularly in the notorious assembly zones established by the International Monetary Fund's structural adjustment program there. (The assembly zones were populated by the IMF's removal of 1/3rd of the rural population from their lands, now to be used for export crops to the U.S. and elsewhere). In his confirmation hearings before the Senate, Brown was not asked a single question concerning toxic wastes, nor of his relationship with the Duvalier dictatorship. - Mitchell Cohen

      AILING BUT ALIVE: THE WTO TEN YEARS AFTER SEATTLE

      As world attention is focussed on the urgency of finding solutions to the multiple crises we face and tens of thousands gathered in Copenhagen to find ways to avert a climate catastrophe, the WTO comes up very short indeed. In that unchecked deregulation, liberalisation and export led production that WTO trade lock in are widely accepted as major reasons for the financial, economic, food and climate crises, the WTO is certainly not a credible place to turn to for solutions. It offers no alternative vision or paradigm of trade based on sustainable development criteria. And if one of the most powerful global institutions is unable to offer credible solutions to tackle the most intense crises of our times, how relevant is it?- Shalmali Guttal

      STATEMENT OF CLIMATE JUSTICE NOW! ON THE COP 15

      Outside the conference,the Danish police extended the repressive framework, launching a massive clampdown on the right to free expression and arresting and beating thousands, including civil society delegates to the climate conference. Our movement overcame this repression to raise our voices in protest over and over again. Our demonstrations, organised together with Danish trade unions, movements and NGOs, mobilized more than 100,000 people in Denmark to press for climate justice, while social movements around the world mobilized hundreds of thousands more in local climate justice demonstrations. In spite of repression by the Danish government and exclusion by the United Nations, the movement for system change not climate change is now stronger than when we arrived in Denmark. While Copenhagen has been a disaster for just and equitable climate solutions, it has been an inspiring watershed moment in the battle for climate justice. The governments of the elite have no solutions to offer, but the climate justice movement has provided strong vision and clear alternatives. Copenhagen will be remembered as an historic event for global social movements. It will be remembered, along with Seattle and Cancun, as a critical moment when the diverse agendas of many social movements coalesced and became stronger, asking in one voice for system change, not climate change. The Climate Justice Now! coalition calls for social movements around the world to mobilize in support of climate justice.

      A Global Push For Renewable Energy

      While the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has been committed to promoting nuclear power and the International Energy Agency (IEA) was established in the 1970s to handle the crisis in fossil fuel distribution, only IRENA will be solely dedicated to promoting clean, safe, renewable energy from the abundant energy resources of our planet. As a derivative of the Greek word eirene, meaning "peace," IRENA is particularly well-named. The rapid development of renewable energy will enable us to forego our reliance on fossil and nuclear fuels, the continued misuse of which will lead inevitably to climate catastrophe, nuclear proliferation, and perpetual resource wars. Universal reliance on sustainable energy will instead create a promising path toward creating peace on earth. - Alice Slater

      So ours is the age of Neohumanism - humanity supplying the elixir of life to all, to one and all. We are for all, and with everything in existence we have to build a new society, a Neo-Humanistic society. So we must not waste our time; if we are late in doing our duty, the dark shadow of complete destruction will overpower our existence. We should be conscious of this; we must not waste a single moment of our valuable existence. Now humanity is at the threshold of a new era, and so many epoch-making events, so many annals of history are to be created by you boys and you girls. Be ready to shoulder that responsibility for ages to come. This is the age of Neohumanism.
      -
      Shrii Prabhat R. Sarkar

      rays.jpg

      Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and
      do not necessarily reflect those of the World Prout Assembly.

      The World Prout Assembly is a non-profit organization affiliated with
      Proutist Universal Global Headquarters, Kolkata, India.
      One World, One Humanity, One Family!

      --
      Garda Ghista
      World Prout Assembly