WOSSNAME - DECEMBER 2001- PART 1 OF 2

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2001
      December 2001 (Volume 4, Issue 12)

      continental groups. Are you a member? Yes, if you sent
      in your name and e-mail address. Are there any dues? No.
      News Editor: Bethany Ayers
      Staff Writers: Geof Johns, Michael Jones
      Puzzle Editor: CatTigerLi
      Art Director : Rhett Pennell
      World Membership Director: Becky Swaney
      Convention News Editor: Megan Perry

      ==Part 1

      1. Maskerade: The Movie
      2. Hello Kevin
      3. Letters: Nanny Ogg's Cookbook
      4. KFL Meets Around the World
      5. Teenage Pratchett Girls in Texas

      ==Part 2

      6. Hogswatch Sale and New Discworld Competition
      7. The Magic of Computer Translation
      8. Errata or Non-Errata, That Is the Question

      1) MASKERADE: THE MOVIE

      A group of fans, based mainly in England but with a
      generally cosmopolitan membership, are looking to
      make a film of Maskerade.

      Take a look at http://www.maskerade.org.uk for details.
      We have a script and a cast, and as soon as we have
      enough interest to do this, we'll be setting up a paypal
      system, so that everyone can join in! It should be
      fantastic.

      Email corinne.pritchard@...
      if you want more details.

      2) HELLO KEVIN

      Here's a little something I snipped out of my latest copy
      of 'Writer's News':

      "The core of Terry Pratchett's audience is not teenage boys.The 3000
      members of this fan club range from under 12 months to over 90 years
      of age. However, I am sure this will not change your opinion. The
      establishment does love us to remain geeks called Kevin."

      Elizabeth Alway, Chairman, Guild of Fans and Disciplines

      -- Anne
      PKO and Vampire
      Founder member of BURA

      3) 3) LETTERS: NANNY OGG'S COOKBOOK

      To the Editor:

      I got the cookbook the other day on the way back from
      Surrey uni, and I finished it before I got home. My mum
      told me off for la so much and eventually made
      me read bits out to her, so the rest of the train thought
      we were mad coz we were both in hysterics!

      And mum said she'll make some of the food!
      Out of curiosity, who has actually made any
      of the recipes?

      -- Fiona Wynn, Australia
      email_me@...

      To the Editor:

      We made Dried/Dyed Frog Pills, and the Primal Soup,
      and we also made the Special Secret Delight at the
      HogswatchSydCookMeet. Both the recipes I made
      worked best with some modifications, so has anyone
      else noticed any?

      -- ConMan, Australia

      4) KFL MEETS AROUND THE WORLD

      What is a "Meet"? A Meet is when two or more KFL
      members gather in a restaurant, bar, theater, picnic
      area, etc. to talk about anything that concerns them
      at the moment, whether it be PTerry books and videos,
      SF or fantasy books and movies, conventions, the
      length of Buffy's hair, and other vital topics.

      It is not limited to meetings in Australia, although one
      might get the impression from this issue of WOSSNAME,
      since our Australian section is very active. There are,
      however, meetings in the USA, UK, Spain, Ireland, and
      other places which we'd like to include. Please let us
      know when your local group plans to meet or has met,