WOSSNAME - SEPTEMBER 2001 - PART 3 OF 3 (continued)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      WOSSNAME - SEPTEMBER 2001 - PART 3 OF 3 (continued)

      ---
      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      9) PUZZLE - Solution:

      Last month's puzzle was a cryptogram from "Thief of Time."
      Here's the solution:

      ABD WCTDGH GH FCJJ JZJPH'J SDJI EVZAADYDS
      THE PIGEON ON MISS SUSAN'S DESK FLUTTERED

      SGLH PHS UGCHDS ABD WCTDGH EVGRI WYGJWDRACHT
      DOWN AND JOINED THE PIGEON FLOCK PROSPECTING

      EGY JRYPWJ PFGHT ABD EVPTJAGHDJ, RGGCHT
      FOR SCRAPS AMONG THE FLAGSTONES, COOING

      TDYAVM AG ABD GABDYJ CH WCSTCH WCTDGH.
      GENTLY TO THE OTHERS IN PIDGIN PIGEON.

      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      10) WHO'S WHO ON THE DISC?
      Solution to last month's Trivia Quiz:

      1. Who is Berilia?
      One of the four elephants who stand on the back of A'Tuin.
      2. Who is Death's master?
      Azrael.
      3. What is the connection between King Lully and Queen Ynci?
      King Lully invented the legend of Queen Ynci.
      4. Who were Mellius and Gretelina?
      Two star-crossed lovers. Alas, they were
      born 200 years apart on different continents.
      5. Who is Ixolite?
      The last surviving banshee. He has a speech
      impediment, so he just slips people notes
      instead of howling.
      6. Where does Skiller get his beer?
      From cats, say his customers. You don't
      want to know.
      7. What is the real name of Big Mad Drongo?
      Adrian Turnipseed.
      8. Who was Fingers Mazda and what was he famous for?
      The first thief. He stole fire from the gods.
      9. What was the name of Kelli's father?
      King Olerve the Bastard.
      10.Who is romantically linked to Detritus?
      Ruby the Troll.
      Correction to Answers for the July Quiz

      Several readers pointed out that the answer to
      question number 5:

      "Who was the brother of Jeremy Clockson?"

      was not Lu-Tze, as we reported but Lobsang (Newgate) Ludd.

      (I'd mention the readers' names, but their e-mail has disappeared
      into cyberspace and I can't find them, except for e-mails from
      Jehane 13 and our former editor Andrew Millard. Ah well, accept my
      heartfelt thanks, anyway.)

      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      If you like these puzzles and would like to see more of them, please
      let us know, and if you'd like to submit some of your own, you're more
      than welcome. We'll accept it all from trivia quizzes to cryptograms,
      to word scrambles, to word searches -- or anything else. Send them to
      jschaum111@... Please include answers since, as you can see,
      we need all the help we can get.