WOSSNAME -- November 2012 -- Special extra

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012
      SPECIAL EXTRA
      November 2012 (Volume 15, Issue 11, Post 2)

      01) EDITOR'S LETTER: FAN POWER FOR THE WIN
      02) GOOD OMENS KICKSTARTER APPEAL
      03) WIZZARDLY DOINGS IN FOURECKS

      01) LETTER FROM YOUR EDITOR

      On Planet Kickstarter, we've already seen the Pratchett fan
      community flex its collective wallet-muscles on behalf of "Troll
      Bridge", raising far more than the requested total for Snowgum Films
      to complete the production. Now there is another Kickstarter appeal
      on behalf of a smaller-scale but no less wonderful Pratchett work:
      Cult Classic Theatre's upcoming world premiere production of Good
      Omens!

      Cult Classic Theatre is a Glasgow-based amateur company of very high
      standard and, well, unusual ambitions (their motto is "We do the
      weird stuff"), who are currently engaged in preparing the March 2013
      exclusive production of Good Omens. Director Amy Hoff and the rest
      of the Cult Classic "family" of cast and crew have already
      successfully produced the world stage premiere of "Doctor Horrible's
      Sing-along Blog" and a number of other whimsical productions on all-
      volunteer shoestring budgets. Now they would like to give
      Aziraphale, Crowley, Anathema Device and the rest of the Good Omens
      characters the best possible treatment. Enter Kickstarter. Amy says,
      "If everyone donates even £1 we could succeed! Rehearsals have
      started this week, and it's shaping up to be an amazing production."

      There are fifteen days left to run on the Kickstarter appeal. Do
      give a little. Or even a lot. Go on, you know you want to help bring
      Good Omens to life on the stage!

      Here be the link for the Good Omens Kickstarter page:

      http://tinyurl.com/ak33upz

      By the way, advance tickets for the production can be booked at the
      Cottiers Theatre website:

      www.cottiers.com/theatre-program/good-omens/

      ...and do have a shufti at Cult Classic Theatre's website:

      http://www.cultclassic.org/

      – Annie Mac, Editor

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      02) SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ANGEL (AND DEMON)!

      The Cult Classic Theatre "Good Omens" Kickstarter appeal:

      "Cult Classic Theatre in Glasgow, Scotland, is honoured to be the
      first to have the permission to adapt Good Omens for the stage. With
      your help, and the assistance of Cottiers Theatre, we hope to make
      this production our most spectacular yet. The play is scheduled to
      open in March 2013 and our dedicated cast and crew will be working
      hard to produce a performance to remember. This will be a non-
      exclusive, non-profit amateur production.

      "This will be a very large undertaking. Challenges include cast
      dropouts, illness, and the inability to source products in time. Of
      course, the final challenge is attracting an audience.

      "A great deal of our Kickstarter money will be going to advertising.
      We have also worked around cast dropouts in the past and have worked
      with very few resources to make sure a project gets onstage, and we
      haven't failed in that yet. Should we attract enough funding, the
      director will focus entirely on the production of the show,
      advertising, and research to ensure that it will be a great
      success."

      Again, the Kickstarter link:

      http://tinyurl.com/ak33upz

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      03) FOURECKSIAN HIJINKS: THE PIZZARD'S WICNIC

      Nullus Anxietas IV is hosting the First Annual Pizzard's Wicnic this
      month! Come one, come all! The theme is general wizardry, so while
      Discworld is the obvious choice, feel free to come as any wizard
      from any fandom.

      A limited number of places are available for pre-picnic ride on the
      famous Puffing Billy steam train. If you want to grab a place, ring
      0419 592 317 or email hex@...

      When: 25th November 2012
      Venue: Emerald Park Lake, Emerald, Victoria, Australia
      Time: 12 noon (earlier if you're going on Puffing Billy, of course)

      For more info, go to:

      nullusanxietasiv.tumblr.com

      We'll be back at a more usual time with the usual news, reviews,
      odds and sods. See you soon!

      The End. If you have any questions or requests, write:
      interact@...