WOSSNAME -- September 2011 -- Special early edition

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2011
      EARLY EDITION
      September 2011 (Volume 14, Issue 9, post 1)

      01) EDITOR'S LETTER
      02) PTERRY ON PTOUR: TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE
      03) GUARDS!GUARDS! GAME LAUNCH
      04) A LONDONMEET

      01) A SHORT LETTER FROM YOUR EDITOR...

      Only a month to go until the official publication of Snuff! And in
      the meantime, some other Pterry and Discworld goodies for you...

      – Annie Mac, Editor

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      02) PTERRY ON PTOUR 2011

      Getchyer tix now! or at least some of them: some promotional Snuff
      tour dates have been announced for October:

      11th October – Seattle
      13th October – New York
      14th October – Washington DC
      18th October – London

      (Note that, as it says on the terryandrob Twitter page, "Please note
      that none of the October Snuff events are signings.")

      Tickets are now available for the Washington DC and London
      appearances.

      Washington DC: "Terry Pratchett at the National Press Club"

      When: Friday, October 14, 2011
      Venue: National Press Club, 529 14th St NW (13th Floor), Washington
      20045
      Time: 7:00 PM (ET)
      Tickets: $15.00

      For tickets and further info:
      http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2109683119

      London: "An Evening With Terry Pratchett"

      When: Tuesday 18th October 2011
      Venue: Theatre Royal Drury Lane, Catherine St, London
      Time: 8pm (doors open 7.30pm)
      Tickets: prices are £35-£45 and include a copy of Snuff - or so it
      says at The Londonist:

      http://tinyurl.com/6gozrnp

      For tickets and further info:
      http://tinyurl.com/6gxw4sl

      http://www.paulkidby.com/news/index.html
      http://twitter.com/#!/terryandrob

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      03) GUARDS!GUARDS! GAME LAUNCH AND NEWS

      "We are delighted to tell you that a 'free' App for Guards! Guards!
      is now available on iPhone and Android. It's got a bit of
      History, different strategies you can use when playing the game and
      the top volunteers to recruit in categories such as Loyalty,
      Streetwise, Dollars etc. This may give some of you 'an advantage'
      when playing; so keep it to yourself..."

      iPhone link:
      http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/guardsguards/id454974767?mt=8

      "We'd also like to let you know that the Official Release of our
      game will take place at www.titancon.com on Saturday 24 September
      2011... We will have games to play on the day, games to buy and a
      very special competition..."

      There will be an additional competition, to be announced on:
      www.facebook.com/guardsguards

      http://www.guardsguards.com/blog.aspx

      %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

      04) LONDON SEPTEMBERMEET THIS WEEK

      In ABP, The Countertony says:

      It's that time of year again – the seventh September Meet I've
      organized will be at the Pembury Tavern in Hackney (E8 1JH),
      starting at 6 pm on 17th September. Anyone within AFPing distance of
      London, head on over for a glass of something!

      http://countertony.org.uk/?page=septembermeet

      The End. If you have any questions or requests, write:
      interact@...