WOSSNAME -- MARCH 2007 -- PART 2 OF 6

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 12:57 PM
      WOSSNAME -- MARCH 2007 -- PART 2 OF 5 (continued)

      ====Part 2 - ROUNDWORLD REPORTS

      7) ONLY YOU CAN SAVE MANKIND

      For two nights only (March 18 and 19, 2007) the Arts Theatre
      presented A Little House Music, featuring the composer Leighton
      James House and a cast of West End singers performing songs
      from his award-winning musical "Lifts", as well as from "Only
      You Can Save Mankind" and new work from his recent musical venture.

      In 2003, "Only You Can Save Mankind - The Musical" was presented in
      concert at Soho Theatre. It subsequently received critical acclaim and
      massive media coverage at the 2004 Edinburgh Fringe Festival whilst
      Terry is reported to have said: "If I'd known it was going to be this
      good, I'd have written a better book!"

      (Too bad we didn't get this sooner. Maybe next time.)
      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      8) WIT, WIZARDS, AND MACHINES THAT GO 'PING'
      WHEN THEY OUGHTN'T

      Last month, while Pterry was in Australia for the AusDWcon, he was
      interviewed by ABC, the national radio network. It's a long, fascinating and
      funny interview - especially the part where he discusses his time as press
      officer for a nuclear power station. Well worth a listen. Ping!

      http://www.podcastblaster.com/directory/podcast-11510.html

      Direct URL of the mp3 file (15MB):
      http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200702/r126598_413395.mp3
      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      9) AFPA TO CAMP OUT ON BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND

      Some of you may already be aware of this, but for those that aren't, a group
      of afpers have decided to get together and go camping over the UK Bank
      Holiday weekend (this weekend has been chosen specifically so that it does
      not clash with any other camping events over this summer).

      We will be occupying a field behind "The Bull i' th' Thorn", Ashbourne Road,
      Hurdlow, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9QQ for that weekend (which is the weekend
      of 25th/26th/27th August 2007). This notification is designed to catch those
      afpers who aren't already aware and who might like to attend :-)

      Now to the nitty-gritty...

      * Prices at the time of enquiry were £4.00 per adult per night and £2.00
      per
      child per night, and this is payable to the campsite on arrival.

      * As we are hiring in portaloos to supplement the available facilities,
      there is an additional £3.00 per person up-front charge at the point of
      booking with the AFP-herders so that they can pay the portaloo people.

      * Bookings need to be with the AFP-herders by the *end of May* so that they
      can confirm the booking numbers with the campsite in early June (please do
      not book direct with the campsite - the AFP-herders are collecting the
      booking information on their behalf and will pass on the necessary details
      to secure your places).

      * The AFP-herders, are merely facilitators to make this event happen - they
      have booked the site, arranged the collection of names, booked the loos and
      have arranged notification to various places, and that is all - they will
      not be accepting any liabilities for if you're silly enough to do silly
      things and get yourselves hurt, etc - so if you need insurance for your
      holiday that is up to you to provide. We probably don't really need to tell
      you this as you're all sensible people, but we have to cover ourselves and
      make sure you're aware that you attend at your own risk :-)

      * All this information is on the booking form as well (although not
      necessarily with the same wording as here)

      The booking form can be found here:
      (Word format) http://www.detritus.co.uk/afpcamp/AFP_Camp-Booking_Form.doc
      (web format for those without word)
      http://www.detritus.co.uk/afpcamp/afcamp.html

      There is a livejournal community, viewable by all, here:
      http://community.livejournal.com/dw_augbh_2007/

      Due to the need for the deposit for the loos, the form is designed to be
      printable and sent by snail mail (as you will need to use snail mail for the
      up-front charge anyway!).
      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      10) THE ROUNDWORLD SAINT OF SEAMSTRESSES?

      Paul (the Libwolf Paul, not the not-Libwolf Paul) sent the following:

      A source for Old Man Sonky?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Fromm