WOSSNAME -- MARCH 2007-- PART 6 OF 6

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      WOSSNAME -- MARCH 2007-- PART 6 OF 6
      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      ====Part 6 - LETTERS AND SUCH
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      17) LETTERS FROM ALL OVER
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      MIXUP OF PAULS

      (JUST FOR THE RECORD)
      > Hi folks,
      >
      > Just got this distressing e-mail from Annie in Australia:
      >
      >>Arrggh! Wrong Paul! Eek!
      >
      >>I just got an email from the *real* Paul - Paul Godsil, whose alter
      >>ego is Libwolf and who attended the AusDWcon and whom I interviewed
      >>about same. He's very puzzled, to put it mildly!
      >
      >>There *is* a Paul Blake on ozdw, but 1) he doesn't live in Melbourne,
      >>2) he's only an infrequent contributor to ozdw and certainly not a
      >>"member of the faculty", 3) he didn't go to AusDWcon and 4) he's
      >>definitely not Libwolf! Paul Blake is AFAIK ozdw's "rock doctor" - he
      >>got his advanced degree in geology last year. He doesn't post to ozdw
      >>very often. Paul Godsil, on the other hand, is the one who's been on
      >>the list since he was about 13 (he's about 25 now), making life
      >>cheerfully miserable for everyone at BU and in particular, driving
      >>Holly the Firehose Monitor mad :-)
      >
      >>~thinks~ Could you perhaps put out a retraction/clarification in the
      >>form of a special WOSSNAME notice? - explaining the Confusion of the
      >>Pauls?
      >
      > OK, sweet Annie, you got it. My humblest apologies to both Pauls, and
      > we'll try to keep them sorted out in the future.

      > -- Joe the Undying, somewhat befuddled after doing
      > an all-night editing session

      To which Paul graciously replied:

      Paul is such a great name I am suprised that there aren't more running
      around.

      Regards
      Paul (the infrequently contributing rock doctor) Blake

      ORANGUTAN TEENAGERS

      To the Editor:

      After the Worldcon in Melbourne in 1999, I visited the famous zoo, and
      saw the orangutans.

      In particular, there was a young couple who behaved like teenagers in
      love. It was chilly and the ground was moist. They had a piece of
      canvas which they first draped over their shoulders; and then the male
      spread it on the ground for the female to sit on.

      Orangutans are more distant from us than chimps and gorillas,
      evolutionarily speaking, but their behavior seems more similar.

      --Taras

      US DISCWORLD FANS

      To the Editor:

      > Deary, deary me, I was so hoping to find a busy group here, but
      > there's nothing going on.

      It has indeed been very quiet for a while now. Maybe everyone has been
      reading the books and watching the TV film and didn't have any time to
      post messages on here.

      > Rumours about Hogfather DVD release in North America? Nothing?

      I don't know anything about a release of Hogfather on DVD in North
      America but I do know that the director did show it just before the
      Discworld Convention to some interested American party. He flew to the
      US on the day of the liquids scare on the airports and had to put the
      DVD into his hold luggage. (He told so at the con.) So maybe there
      will be a DVD release or even a showing on a TV channel. The European
      (region 2) DVD will be released in April.

      > Where do Discworld fans hang out then?

      Discworld fans tend to hang out anywhere. There could even be one
      looking over your shoulder when you read this!

      -- Melanie

      17) RINCEWIND VS. DEATH (CARTOON)

      It would seem Rincewind has had yet another close
      call with DEATH, and this time the skellington himself
      is in a bit of bother!

      http://www.macguff.fr/goomi/unspeakable/home.html

      -- Kate