The Confusion of the Pauls - Special WOSSNAME CORRECTION NOTICE

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2007
      Hi folks,

      Just got this distressing e-mail from Annie in Australia:

      >Arrggh! Wrong Paul! Eek!

      >I just got an email from the *real* Paul - Paul Godsil, whose alter
      >ego is Libwolf and who attended the AusDWcon and whom I interviewed
      >about same. He's very puzzled, to put it mildly!

      >There *is* a Paul Blake on ozdw, but 1) he doesn't live in Melbourne,
      >2) he's only an infrequent contributor to ozdw and certainly not a
      >"member of the faculty", 3) he didn't go to AusDWcon and 4) he's
      >definitely not Libwolf! Paul Blake is AFAIK ozdw's "rock doctor" - he
      >got his advanced degree in geology last year. He doesn't post to ozdw
      >very often. Paul Godsil, on the other hand, is the one who's been on
      >the list since he was about 13 (he's about 25 now), making life
      >cheerfully miserable for everyone at BU and in particular, driving
      >Holly the Firehose Monitor mad :-)

      >~thinks~ Could you perhaps put out a retraction/clarification in the
      >form of a special WOSSNAME notice? - explaining the Confusion of the
      >Pauls?

      OK, sweet Annie, you got it. My humblest apologies to both Pauls, and
      we'll try to keep them sorted out in the future.

      Didn't we use to have a different Firehouse Monitor, too? Whatever happened
      to her?

      -- Joe the Undying, somewhat befuddled after doing
      an all-night editing session