WOSSNAME -- JANUARY 2007-- PART 5 OF 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      WOSSNAME -- JANUARY 2007-- PART 5 OF 5
      ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      13) LETTERS FROM ALL OVER
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      GOURMET TIPS

      To the Editor:

      I was shopping at Fortnum & Mason last weekend and managed to pick up,
      I kid you not, a can of Green Crocodile Curry.

      http://tinyurl.com/m978b

      I wonder if this is something appropriate to serve tomorrow for
      Australia Day? Does crocodile make a regular appearance on
      Australian menus? Also, it says on the can that it is made from
      legally farmed crocs. Does this mean that it is possible to get
      legal crocodile skin?

      MsA, planning a crocodile jacket to match her boyfriend's anaconda skin
      jacket

      (Managing Ed. says:
      Croc is delicious! I've certainly seen it on the menu at some
      restaurants here - and croc meat is available at some butchers, but
      for the most part it shows up at fairs and market stalls. And
      travelling DBQs [1], of course.

      Crocodile isn't part of the "coat of arms meal" (kangaroo and emu),
      but it does tend to keep company with same :-)
      ----------------------
      [1] Like a BBQ, only run by one of the itinerant Dibblers referred to
      in Mrs Cake's recent email.)

      (Editor says: If you can't find any crocs, there are a lot of gators here
      in South Florida and you can find gator meat on the Internet.)

      THE GREAT PEATY WEDDING

      To the Editor:

      I think that I'll be unable to attend any Meets due to working hard
      in order to pay for holidays/nuptials/life.

      (Managing Ed.: You're nuptialling? When? Under which bridge? Woohoo!)

      Ages of planning time at the moment - 19th Jan (next year).
      In a castle. Not under a bridge unfortunately (my co-nuptiallee
      doesn't seem to like that idea).

      It's amazing how many deposits are required, and how many
      are non-refundable. Oh, and how many people charge more
      for a party which has the W word next to it!

      (Managing Ed.: You could always do what I've done so far
      (several times) - namely, bugger off to the nearest registry
      office without telling anyone. Saves a fortune, and avoids
      the unpleasantness of putting up with assorted relatives
      and their assorted You Still Didn't Apologise For What
      Dreen Said Kev Said About Our Shazza uncivil wars :P)

      True - but then there'd be no audience to play up to!
      Plus I don't have any family feuds with which to spice up
      occasions like this.

      -- PT
      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      HIGH LIVING IN LONDON

      To the Editor:

      On Friday 26 January 2007 02:08, Loopy Bubblechunks wrote:
      > On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 02:39:18PM +0000, Asti muttered something
      like:
      > > Hey Folks, any further info on when we'll be having our
      > > LondonMeet next month? Richard has been busy creating a new and
      > > exciting Discworld boardgame that he plans to subject attendees
      > > to (depending on feedback we may try to get it commercially
      > > available) but if that sucks we now have a pool table, poker
      > > set, and pitch car with all extensions (
      > > http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/150 ).
      > >
      > > MsA, avoiding work
      >
      > Man, you have a pool table?

      Wouldn't it be a bit shallow to swim in properly?

      -- Steven.
      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      HOGFATHER PROPS, ANYONE?

      To the Editor:

      We've just added this snippet of news at
      http://www.collectorsgifts.co.uk/news.htm
      which may be of interest to collectors:

      Discworld 'Hogfather' Movie Props Spotted on eBay!

      You've read the book, you've seen the film....now buy the
      props! Yep, that's right, genuine film props from the recent
      Hogfather movie have made it onto ebay, courtesy of
      Bernard 'The Stout' Pearson, a.k.a. The Cunning Artificer.

      Click here - http://www.collectorsgifts.co.uk/rd/bernard/ -
      and, if you're quick enough, you'll see what I mean! Already
      spotted are Wooden Toy Soldiers (six of these!), Great A'tuin
      on wheels (3 of these), The Little Hunter Soul Cake Duck,
      My Jolly Drummer Toy Drum, Pink Sugar Pigs and the
      imaginatively entitled "Castle with pointy blue bits"!

      As these will all be one-offs from a very unique part of
      Discworld history, I would expect them to fetch good
      money now, and even more in the future! Even if you're
      not in the market to buy such pieces, they're well worth
      a look, just to see what they fetch! Here's the link again....click here;
      http://www.collectorsgifts.co.uk/rd/bernard/

      -- Elton