WOSSNAME -- FEBRUARY 2006 -- PART 4 OF 4 (continued)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 11:50 AM
      WOSSNAME -- FEBRUARY 2006 -- PART 4 OF 4 (continued)
      ------------

      8) NEW HARPER COLLINS EDITION OF GOOD OMENS
      by Anna M. Conina

      The February issue of _Locus_ magazine features an interview with
      Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman to tie in with the release of the new
      HarperCollins edition of _Good Omens_. Note this statement by Terry:

      "For years and years, the official line was that we'd sworn never to do
      another book together. We said that because it was a good line to give
      to the fans -- please stop begging, get off your knees. But oddly
      enough, a few months ago, when we met at the Audies, we were sort of
      talking about this, if one or the other of us had the killer idea, maybe
      it would be worth doing?"

      Essentially, ". . . _Good Omens 2 is not ruled out, but we're waiting
      on the killer idea."
      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      9) DW FIGURES AT LOW PRICES

      Elton writes

      This is a brief email to our mailing list members to let you
      know that we have some unbelievable auctions currently taking
      place, including many Discworld pieces starting at 99p!!

      http://www.collectorsgifts.co.uk/rd/discworld/ - our Discworld items.
      Don't forget, Clarecraft have closed down for good!

      http://www.collectorsgifts.co.uk/rd/cows/ - Cow Parade - we're
      clearing the shelves!

      http://www.collectorsgifts.co.uk/rd/harrop/ - loads of Robert Harrop,
      including Camberwick Green, Beano, Bagpuss and more!!

      We'll be adding more pieces to eBay over the coming week,
      so please check back.

      Happy bargain hunting!

      Elton
      http://www.collectorsgifts.co.uk/
      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      10) CMOT BADGE SALES

      This is a shameless bit of plugging, to whet the appetites of those who
      favour Ankh-Morpork's Vetinari-headed, cool, black-wearing Guild.

      A new Guild badge and Certificate are being produced by that nice Mr
      Dibbler.

      If you'd like to be an Assassin, have a look at:
      http://www.cmotdibbler.com/cmot_Badge.html

      Stephen Briggs
      for and on behalf of CMOT Dibbler

      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      11) LIMERICK CONTEST

      If you recall, a few years ago, or maybe last year, we ran a limerick
      contest for our more poetic members. It was very well received and we
      thought we'd try it again. This time, the theme is the WFM. Here's
      a sample:

      A fabulous fellow is Death
      He dances without drawing breath
      His phizogg's quite fearful
      But is he e'er cheerful?
      "The anther," says Igor, "ith YETH."

      You can send in as many entries as you like, to
      me at _jschaum111@..._ (mailto:jschaum111@...) . Deadline is
      March 31st, 2006. And yes, there are prizes.
      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

      12) HAPPY HEDGEHOG DAY:
      THE JOY OF DIY DISCWORLD HOLIDAYS
      by Anna M. Conina

      With the planned Christmas release of a made-for-TV movie based on
      _Hogfather_, Discworld holidays are in the news like never before. Now
      would seem the ideal time to show the world that Christmas is not the
      only special occasion possessed of Discworld makeover potential. Using
      February's Groundhog Day as an example, we will demonstrate how, by
      applying just a few simple guidelines, you too can turn any boring
      roundworld holiday into a celebration which will cause your neighbors to
      accuse you of contributing to the depreciation of local property values.

      1. INVOLVE AN ANIMAL MASCOT. Of course, we're thinking here of the
      Hogfather's boars and the Soul Cake Duck. For Groundhog Day, you're
      already halfway there; simply replace "groundhog" with "hedgehog" for
      extra Discworld resonance. You even get bonus points for involving the
      word "hog" in yet another Discworld holiday.

      2. THUMB YOUR NOSE AT LOGIC. Can the Hogfather visit every house on
      the Discworld in one night? Do random shadows have meteorological
      significance? Only a Scrooge would ask such questions. Besides, the
      hedgehog is probably about as accurate as local TV weather forecasters,
      anyway.

      3. APPLY DISCWORLD SENSIBILITIES TO ROUNDWORLD TRADITIONS.
      Serve dodgy meat pies and overcharge for them. Establish a hedgehog
      shadow betting pool. Threaten to cast the little bugger into The Place
      Where the Sun Does Not Shine (the deep hole near Slice) if his forecast
      is not to your liking. In the end, after a few jugs of scumble and several
      slurred rounds of "The Hedgehog Song," who even *cares* about six more
      weeks of winter, eh?

      And there you have it. With a dash of creativity and a total lack of
      taste, you too can bring a unique touch of Discworld cheer to your
      festivities. Just replace the question "What Would Martha Stewart Do?"
      with "What Would Nanny Ogg Do?" and your parties will be the talk
      of your local HOA (which will provide written complaint forms in
      triplicate).