Wossname error

  • Jase
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2000
      Dear Wossname Subscriber

      This week, along with the March issue, we inadvertantly released a bunch
      of other mail to the list. This has caused a lot of confusion and
      upset, and I know of at least one person receiving a full scale flaming
      for something which was not their fault. This was an administrative
      error on our part, a worse than usual hiccup in the changes at Wossname.

      To the people who have been affected by this in some way, and those who
      feel their privacy has been breached we are truly sorry. We have
      rearranged our systems to ensure that something like this cannot
      happen again. I would also like to thank those who noted the mistake,
      and politely pointed it out to the Wossname staff, as without them we
      would not have been aware of the error.

      I would like to reassure people that Wossname has _not_ suddenly become
      a discussion list. Letters to the editing staff will continue to be
      read only by us, and added to Wossname where appropriate, and the
      monthly
      newsletter will be all the traffic this list receives. We will look at
      ways to make sure letters to Wossname don't even come near the list
      until they have been put in the newsletter, and will put any changed
      submission information etc in the next issue.

      I'd also like to thank the staff at Wossname for their support in
      resolving this issue.

      Thankyou for your understanding
      Jase
      Editor in Chief