270WOSSNAME -- JANUARY 2006 -- PART 3 OF 3 (continued

    Jan 28, 2006
      WOSSNAME -- JANUARY 2006 -- PART 3 OF 3 (continued)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      5.) LETTERS FROM ALL OVER
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      To the Editor:

      So far, Moist van Lipwig has only had a few brief
      contacts with Lord Vetinari. I wonder what he might
      do when he feels more confident. Could he be
      turning into a future Patrician?

      -- Ethel Snake

      Ed: I think Moist, quick learner though he is, will need
      to get a good few years more experience in erm...
      "positive" manipulation of the public before he'd be
      up to running Ankh-Morpork. I still think Vimes is
      turning into a good possible future-Patrician.

      To the Editor:

      Many fans are already hoping a range of Discworld currency
      will someday complement the popular line of stamps sold by
      Bernard Pearson's Cunning Artificer shop to commemorate
      Moist's first adventure in civil service, GOING POSTAL
      (http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk).

      Now that the second Moist von Lipwig book is in the works,
      is there any possibility that this currency might be issued?
      It would go very nicely with a suitable board game, I would
      think.

      -- Alfred Spangler

      To the Editor:

      Would it be possible to ask Mr. Pratchet how Moist von
      Lipwig's first name should be pronounced?

      In HOGFATHER, Jonathan Teatimer preferred his surname
      to be pronounced Teh-ah-tim-eh. In MEN AT ARMS,
      Edward d' Eath insisted on not having his last name pronounced
      improperly.

      So what I want to know is "Moist" to be pronounced as
      "Moy-est" or "Mo-ist" or what? Would you ask him?
      Many thanks.

      -- Randolph Stippler

      To Mr. Stippler:

      Why, 'moist' , of course:-) Like the state of being a little damp.

      -- Terry Pratchett