270WOSSNAME -- JANUARY 2006 -- PART 3 OF 3 (continued

    Jan 28, 2006
      WOSSNAME -- JANUARY 2006 -- PART 3 OF 3 (continued)

      To the Editor:

      So far, Moist van Lipwig has only had a few brief
      contacts with Lord Vetinari. I wonder what he might
      do when he feels more confident. Could he be
      turning into a future Patrician?

      -- Ethel Snake

      Ed: I think Moist, quick learner though he is, will need
      to get a good few years more experience in erm...
      "positive" manipulation of the public before he'd be
      up to running Ankh-Morpork. I still think Vimes is
      turning into a good possible future-Patrician.

      To the Editor:

      Many fans are already hoping a range of Discworld currency
      will someday complement the popular line of stamps sold by
      Bernard Pearson's Cunning Artificer shop to commemorate
      Moist's first adventure in civil service, GOING POSTAL

      Now that the second Moist von Lipwig book is in the works,
      is there any possibility that this currency might be issued?
      It would go very nicely with a suitable board game, I would

      -- Alfred Spangler

      To the Editor:

      Would it be possible to ask Mr. Pratchet how Moist von
      Lipwig's first name should be pronounced?

      In HOGFATHER, Jonathan Teatimer preferred his surname
      to be pronounced Teh-ah-tim-eh. In MEN AT ARMS,
      Edward d' Eath insisted on not having his last name pronounced

      So what I want to know is "Moist" to be pronounced as
      "Moy-est" or "Mo-ist" or what? Would you ask him?
      Many thanks.

      -- Randolph Stippler

      To Mr. Stippler:

      Why, 'moist' , of course:-) Like the state of being a little damp.

      -- Terry Pratchett