Dave & Busters

  • Shelby Haynes
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1 11:37 AM
      Hello everyone.

      I hope everyone is currently shopping out there games they are
      bringing to the show so they are in pristine condition for all to
      enjoy. Since Susuki is our sponsor, I thought it would be pretty cool
      to entertain people that come to the show by having someone jump a
      line of POS vids that some of the vendors bring to the show, on a
      susuki motorcycle. I personally would like to nominate Vance to do
      it. One of us must have connections so the show could get one of the
      those Evil Knevil jump suits with the cape from the 70's. Picture it,
      Vance in his cape jumping over 30 POS vids in the middle of the
      armory. And so what if he comes up short, he just smashes a few POS
      vids that should have been knocked in the head years ago. Not that
      all vids are POS, but some that were brought to the show last year
      were just conversion junk.

      Anyway, I was thinking of making the trek up to Dave & Buster's in
      Buffalo. But with the price of gas, I want to reduce the probability
      I will be disappointed. So, I was wondering if anybody has been to a
      Dave & Buster's, and if so, their take on the joint.

      As always, if you find a pin on location please add it to our pinball
      database at Yahoo Groups.

      Shelby
    • david fix

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1 1:54 PM
          Dave and Busters SUCKS! Don't waste your gas and high
          toll prices, save it for the rochester show (of
          course, you don't have to drive as far as I do for
          it!)

          I have some videos of Dave and Busters in my Youtube,
          they are of the Buffalo location. Again I seriously
          wouldn't waste my time with this. You would be better
          off heading to the Amherst Chuck E Cheese or the Chuck
          E Cheese near the McKinley mall (that one has a
          Rollercoaster Tycoon pin, but it was busted the last
          time I was there, also most of this locations games
          were busted). D&B never gets any new video games or
          pins (they have maybe gotten 1-2 new video machines
          since they opened) and they basically run off a pile
          of redemption machines. The prices are also high per
          game (most games are well over 1$ each to play based
          on their points system).

          Here are the videos:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wgXfK-n2ZI

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9jsOcbDKFw

          Here is a link to ALL my youtube videos if you want to
          see what I have been up to, most are arcade related.

          http://www.youtube.com/user/SaraAB87

          If you still want to go out to Williamsville, your
          better off going to doc's fun center, you can stop in
          any time and its pay per hour with all the games on
          free play. The games are not that nice and they are
          not nicely restored classics but they do work and they
          have a variety of machines. There are no pinball
          machines though. I have more fun at this place than I
          do at dave and busters. Ask me and I will tell you
          where this place is if you are interested.

          Yer Friend,
          Sara

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • david fix

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2 7:37 PM
              Figures, when I find a good place they always go down,
              at least I have the Krows nest now and its closer to
              my house (plus phoenix arcade)! Now I just have to
              beg the owner not to close it!

              Yer Friend,
              Sara

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • david fix

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 3 8:06 AM
                  The Krows nest seems to do really good business here,
                  plus with Doc's closing and Smokin Joes FEC closing,
                  that will filter more business to them. The guy who
                  owns the Krows nest is super nice. I didn't think the
                  Krows nest would be closing anytime soon because they
                  basically are are a huge anchor in the mall other than
                  Sears or Bon Ton, if they closed the mall would be in
                  a lot of trouble. For a small mall I feel the summit
                  gets quite a nice amount of business on weekends and
                  weeknights. I know the guys from Phoenix arcade too,
                  they are nice, they moved all their games up here from
                  the McKinley mall from the looks of it. I am guessing
                  the mall didn't want them there because arcades bring
                  trouble to malls so they say. They have a crapload of
                  games in the Summit mall now. They also just opened a
                  new arcade in the summit which brings them up to 2
                  arcades that are packed with games, so I don't think
                  they will be moving for at least a few months like you
                  say. Its like having a small version of the rochester
                  game room show in my backyard!

                  The ones that went up on me were Fast Freddies gokart
                  track was near the galleria mall in cheektowaga and
                  speedway park which was in lockport. I LOVED speedway
                  park, it was seriously the best gokart place I have
                  ever been to. I am sure theres more than this over
                  the years too.

                  Thanks for all the info.

                  Yer Friend,
                  Sara

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • david fix

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 3 7:03 PM
                      Yeah, I know. I went there once, they were pretty
                      rude to me, I won't say my weight here but they tried
                      to put me in a kids kart and believe me I am a full
                      sized adult lol! I went to epic fun center too, the
                      staff was really nice there.

                      Do you know if JNC family fun center is still open,
                      its in the southtowns. I saw an ad that they were
                      trying to sell it online so I don't know. Never been
                      there.

                      Yer Friend,
                      Sara

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    • david fix
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 4 3:48 AM
                        Does Epic have any pins??

                        JNC I don't know. They always had three to four pins in the back..If you have link on it let me know...

                        Thanks
                        David

                        Sara <iride4899@...> wrote:
                        Yeah, I know. I went there once, they were pretty
                        rude to me, I won't say my weight here but they tried
                        to put me in a kids kart and believe me I am a full
                        sized adult lol! I went to epic fun center too, the
                        staff was really nice there.

                        Do you know if JNC family fun center is still open,
                        its in the southtowns. I saw an ad that they were
                        trying to sell it online so I don't know. Never been
                        there.

                        Yer Friend,
                        Sara

                        Be a better friend, newshound, and

                      • Jim Vrana

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 4 8:40 AM
                            I didn't see any pins when I went to Epic. I didn't
                            see any games at all actually, just some claw
                            machines. The phoenix arcade doesn't have any pins
                            either, and I think the Krows nest got rid of theirs.
                            There is 1 Johnny Mnemonic pin in the summit mall in
                            an arcade that is close to sears, but I don't know the
                            condition of it, that place is pretty much neglected.
                            There should be a pin at the laundry lounge on Niagara
                            Falls blvd, theres also a bowling alley across from
                            the laundromat that might have some pins, but I
                            haven't checked yet. Colloso Taco on pine avenue also
                            should have at least one pin, but I haven't been there
                            in a while either. Pins are getting scarce here.

                            Yer Friend,
                            Sara

                            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs