2 Months to go till the Show. Please read all.

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
      Hi,
      Here we are almost 2 months to go and here are some of the things we
      still need.Games for P3 tournament. Please Solid state games only.
      Email me at wizard_mode@....
      Dave also needs a list of games you are planning to bring to the
      show.The more the better and the better the show will be.
      Don't forget the Feb 9th is the next meeting at Tim's house.Please
      email me or Mickey for directions.$5.00 for food and you will not be
      disapointed.Tim is the person who brought the ball bowler to the show
      last year and was a blast.
      Please post any idea's that anyone has about the show.So speak up.
      Don't be shy.
      Thanks and hope to hear from all soon.
      Bruce
    • Sara
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2008
        Is there going to be a ball bowler tournament this
        year? I have been practicing on the ball bowlers in
        the arcade here and I was just wondering if there
        would be a tournament?

        Yer Friend,
        Sara

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • Jim Keough
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2008
          --- In WNYPinball@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce" <wizard_mode@...> wrote:

          > Please post any idea's that anyone has about the show.So speak up.
          > Don't be shy.
          > Thanks and hope to hear from all soon.
          > Bruce

          Hey, Bruce,

          I've mentioned this before at other shows: It would be great to cut
          the overhead lights at the show. I don't know the setup at the Armory,
          but at the convention center, the overhead lights really cast a glare
          on most playfield glass. I suppose there's a safety code requiring a
          certain number of lights to be on, but the fewer the better if possible.

          Jim Keough
        • Sara
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 19, 2008
            I think that there should be something that says the
            vendors have to stay at their booths. Or at least one
            guy at each booth. Last year when I was there on
            Saturday it seems that most of the vendors had jumped
            ship at that point, as there were just piles of parts
            laying there with no one manning it, and many vendor
            booths had no staff at them. Not only could this
            cause theft but it will keep sales down if potential
            buyers cannot find staff to sell them the items they
            want to buy.

            One of the complaints from the people that brought
            games is that there was no cell phone reception in the
            building being used. Especially since it was expected
            that every potential buyer have a cell phone on hand
            to call the number posted on each game. This made it
            really difficult for people that brought games to sell
            them, especially if it was just a person with a couple
            games who didn't have a vendor booth set up.
            Hopefully the new location will address this issue.

            I also think the T-shirts were REALLY good from last
            year, you should use the same company you use for this
            years shirt. Mine held up really well and I wore it
            constantly throughout the whole year. It has become
            one of my favorite shirts. I am looking forward to
            purchasing another T-shirt at the show this year.

            Yer Friend,
            Sara

            Be a better friend, newshound, and