Re: Looking to play 4 pins

  • Lee Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21 7:52 AM
      Hey Shelby!

      Thanks for the thoughts.

      Sally and I generally like Williams or Bally Midway although there are some Gottlieb tables we like too.

      We are interested in machines from 1969-1995 with our fave period being '85-'89 (fave year '89 - BK2K, Elvira, Bad Cats). Second fave period '90-'94 (fave year '92 Addams, Black Rose). Although 1995 is also a good year (Theatre and WHO Dunnit?).

      Sally and I played Flash Gordon at Allentown last year. We both liked it, but it was a popular table, so we didn't get to play it much. From what I've read on IPDB it is a "brutal" table (which is exactly why I'm interested in it -- plus the theme.)

      Games we have played a lot that we are currently trying to find are: Black Rose, Bad Cats, Who Dunnit?, and (if we can find one reasonably priced) Theatre of Magic.

      The 4 games I mentioned in my original post are all games we are interested in... but really need to play more before we make any decisions. Fire! my wife likes for the art and "horse" theme, it's also interesting because it has no pop bumpers. Flash Gordon we both like the theme and we like the look of it as a fast hard machine (BK2K is one of our favorites). Joker Poker we are trying to fill a gap in our collection (we have no "card" themed games and not enough "bells"). Black Pyramid, we both like the art, it's supposed to be pretty tough, it's an enclosed wedge with a swinging target (all stuff we don't have.)

      Current collection info below.

      Thanks for the feedback!

      Lee

      Current Collection:
      Paddock '69 Williams (Horse Theme), Centigrade 37 '77 Gottlieb (Sci-Fi), Cyclone '88 Williams (Amusement Park), BK2K '89 Williams (Sci-Fi), Elvira ATPM '89 Bally Midway (Horror/Humor), Diner '90 Williams (Diner), Addams Family '92 Bally (Horror/Humor)

      The Short List (definitely getting)
      Bad Cats Williams '89 (Cats), Black Rose Bally Midway '92 (Pirates), Who Dunnit? Bally Midway '95 (Mystery/Noir), Theatre of Magic Bally Midway '95 (Magic)

      Want to Play List (maybe getting)
      Joker Poker Gottlieb '78 (Cards), Flash Gordon Bally '80 (Sci-Fi), Black Pyramid Bally Midway '84 (Adventure), Fire! Williams '87 (Horses)

      P.S. Nice collection! Eight Ball Deluxe is a GREAT table. I also like Firepower and F-14. Flash is good, but I think gets a tad over-rated -- then again, maybe I've only played Flash on worn out tables. LW3 and Medusa both look cool. Always wanted to play Grand Lizard.