New to Buffalo and Pinball

  • Nick Lane
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011
      Hi all,

      I'm new to the Buffalo area and just purchased my first NIB Iron Man. I'm happy to see that there is a group of pinheads in Western NY!

      Being new to the hobby, I'm interested in learning as much as possible from other collectors and players.  If there is anyone in the Buffalo area that would like to help out a new enthusiast, please give me a shout out.  Thanks!

      -Nick

    • coolbet@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011
        In a message dated 1/9/2011 9:32:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, gusphan@... writes:
        Being new to the hobby, I'm interested in learning as much as possible from other collectors and players.  If there is anyone in the Buffalo area that would like to help out a new enthusiast, please give me a shout out.
        Nick,

        How can I help you?

        Jim Keough
        Cuba, NY  (about 80 miles So. of Buff.)
      • Nick Lane
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011
          Hey Jim,

          Thanks for the quick reply!  Mainly, I'm looking to network with some collectors in the area.  I'd be interested in helping them in any way to fix/work on their machines, in exchange for the knowledge I would receive of working on Pinball games.

          For instance, the NIB Iron Man I received from Stern this week has a flipper problem - the right flipper doesn't fully go up and they are sending me out a kit to fix it.  Being new to pinball, this is a bit intimidating to me (I was hoping I'd be able to enjoy the machine a bit before I had to do any work on it, even though I'm eager to learn).  I figured my best bet is to reach out to some local people to see if they can help out a newbie.

          -Nick

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011
            Welcome Nick we have a get together coming up next week and we try to have one at least once ever 3-4 months we havent had one in a while so it would be a good time to show up and meet some friendly people.
            email me if interested
            Bruce

            --- In WNYPinball@yahoogroups.com, Nick Lane <gusphan@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I'm new to the Buffalo area and just purchased my first NIB Iron Man. I'm happy
            > to see that there is a group of pinheads in Western NY!
            >
            > Being new to the hobby, I'm interested in learning as much as possible from
            > other collectors and players. If there is anyone in the Buffalo area that would
            > like to help out a new enthusiast, please give me a shout out. Thanks!
            >
            > -Nick

          • Vance Collom
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011

              Hi Nick
                            Would you be able to go to Bruce's party next Saturday?
                            I live on the west side of Rochester and if you wanted to car pool over - I could drive the second half of the way .
                         Bruce has many Stern machines and we all could go over your problem, so your comfortable with the repair.

              I live in North Chili  about  8 to 10 min off  of  90

              Iron Man is a fun machine
              glad to see we have more support in Buffalo

              Vance

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011
                Hey Vance,

                I'd be interested in going. Where is Bruce's party located?

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011
                  Thanks Bruce, I am interested.  Where is the get together located?

                  Thanks,
                  Nick

                  Welcome Nick we have a get together coming up next week and we try to have one at least once ever 3-4 months we havent had one in a while so it would be a good time to show up and meet some friendly people.
                  email me if interested
                  Bruce

                  --- In WNYPinball@yahoogroups.com, Nick Lane <gusphan@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > I'm new to the Buffalo area and just purchased my first NIB Iron Man. I'm happy
                  > to see that there is a group of pinheads in Western NY!
                  >
                  > Being new to the hobby, I'm interested in learning as much as possible from
                  > other collectors and players. If there is anyone in the Buffalo area that would
                  > like to help out a new enthusiast, please give me a shout out. Thanks!
                  >
                  > -Nick

                • Vance Collom
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 9, 2011
                    If you email him - he'll give you his address

                    East side     south of victor

                    I'd be interested in going. Where is Bruce's party located?

                    --- In WNYPinball@yahoogroups.com, "Vance Collom" <vrcollom@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Nick
                    > Would you be able to go to Bruce's party next Saturday?
                    > I live on the west side of Rochester and if you wanted to car pool over - I could drive the second half of the way .
                    > Bruce has many Stern machines and we all could go over your problem, so your comfortable with the repair.
                    >
                    > I live in North Chili about 8 to 10 min off of 90
                    >
                    > Iron Man is a fun machine
                    > glad to see we have more support in Buffalo
                    >
                    > Vance

                  • Paul King
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 10, 2011

                      Hi Nick,

                      I bought an Iron Man pin back in May when they first came out.  What issue are you having?  I haven’t had any problems with my pin.  I live about 5 mins from Vance in Chili and you are welcome to stop by anytime and check out my pins.  Drop me a line sometime.

                      Thanks!

                      Paul King

                      pkingroch@...

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 10, 2011
                        In a message dated 1/9/2011 9:42:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, gusphan@... writes:
                        Thanks for the quick reply!  Mainly, I'm looking to network with some collectors in the area.  I'd be interested in helping them in any way to fix/work on their machines, in exchange for the knowledge I would receive of working on Pinball games.

                        For instance, the NIB Iron Man I received from Stern this week has a flipper problem - the right flipper doesn't fully go up and they are sending me out a kit to fix it.  Being new to pinball, this is a bit intimidating to me (I was hoping I'd be able to enjoy the machine a bit before I had to do any work on it, even though I'm eager to learn).  I figured my best bet is to reach out to some local people to see if they can help out a newbie.
                        Nick,

                        Got it.  Wish I was a little closer.  I'd be glad to help you out with the flipper problem.  However, there's got to be guys in the immediate Buf. area that can help you out.  Keep posting on the group.

                        If you get down our way, send me an email and we'll hook up.

                        Jim
                      • pinball_docfix@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 10, 2011
                          Hi Nick

                          Give me a call. I'm in Tonawanda if you need help or chew the fat let me know.

                          Cheers
                          David Fix
                          716-510-5483

                          From: Nick Lane <gusphan@...>