Paradise Lost 1 : Phoenix Screening EVENTS!

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      Happy November all!

      Less than 24 hours away from the most-talked about circus in 50 years, and here we go with ANOTHER
      major WM3 Phoenix EVENT!

      This one's a double-header!

      In an amazingly-cool collaboration with One Night Cinema (http://www.onenightcinema.com), the
      Phoenix West Memphis Three Support Group is honored to host screenings of 'Paradise Lost' on TWO
      different nights!

      WHEN:
      Monday, November 15th - 7:30pm
      Wednesday, November 17th - 7:30pm
      Running Time: 150 mins.

      WHERE:
      Pollack Tempe Cinemas (http://www.pollacktempecinemas.com)
      1825 E. Elliot Rd.
      Tempe, AZ 85284
      Map: http://www.pollacktempecinemas.com/map.php

      COST:
      $6 - Advanced Purchase
      $7 - At The Door

      FILM SYNOPSIS:
      In this sad, lurid and darkly transfixing story, they [directors Berlinger & Sinofsky] locate all
      the elements of true crime reporting at its most bitterly revealing. They also deliver a rich and
      painfully intimate portrait of West Memphis, Arkansas, a town torn apart by the strong emotions
      captured on screen. The genesis of Paradise Lost was the horrific 1993 murder of three 8-year-old
      boys, one of whom was genitally mutilated by his killer. Arrests soon followed: three teen-agers
      with well-known tastes for pop satanism - i.e., books on witchcraft, Metallica records - were
      charged with the crime.
      The confession of one suspect, Jessie Misskelley, a tiny 17-year-old with an I.Q. of 72,
      implicated two of his friends, Charles Jason Baldwin, 16, and Damien Wayne Echols, 18. Damien's
      affectations of demonic spookiness had made him especially unpopular around town... Watching
      closely, dividing itself between revealing interviews and courtroom drama, Paradise Lost takes
      many surprising turns while presenting a circumstantial argument against someone other than the
      three teenagers...
      � Janet Maslin, New York Times

      TRAILER (300k):
      http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=6821&VideoKbRate=1&AltID=&CustomerID=97135&WM=True&Ads=True&Play=True&Shorten=False

      WEBSITE:
      http://www.wm3.org

      NOTES:
      10% of the total money collected will be provided to Tempe Cinemas solely for operating expenses.
      100% of the remaining proceeds DONATED to the WM3 LEGAL DEFENSE FUND.

      HOW TO ORDER ADVANCED TICKETS:
      All advanced tickets will be left with the ticket counter at the theater in a "will call"-type
      situation. When you arrive, come up to the counter and provide your ID to the clerk to gain
      access.

      PAYMENT OPTIONS:
      1) Paypal - Send Paypal payments to missamyyoung@.... REQUIRED: You must note the night you
      wish to attend, the total # of tickets you wish to purchase, at LEAST one piece of contact data
      (phone # or email), and the full name of the person(s) collecting the tickets at the venue.
      Deadline to receive online orders: Friday, Nov. 12. Any payment received without the necessary
      information, or after this date will be refused and returned to sender. This deadline and these
      requirements is in place to ensure no payment is missed and that the will-call list is complete
      and accurate.

      2) Snail Mail - Send Cashier's Check and Money Orders ONLY (sorry, no personal checks) c/o
      Bob Buechler, 1801 S. Jen Tilly Ln. Ste D4, Tempe, AZ 85282. Due to postal theft concerns, do NOT
      send cash. REQUIRED: Note the night you wish to attend, the total # of tickets you wish to
      purchase, at LEAST one piece of contact data (phone # or email), and the full name of the
      person(s) collecting the tickets at the venue. DEADLINE to receive postal orders: Wednesday Nov.
      10th. Any payment received without the necessary information, or after this date will be refused
      and returned to sender. This deadline and these requirements are in place to ensure no payment is
      missed and that the will-call list is complete and accurate.

      Once all payments have been collected, the required venue payment will be made and the remaining
      total will be donated directly to the WM3 Legal Defense Fund.

      For those people who do not feel comfortable sending money addressed to an individual, tickets are
      still available at the venue on the night of each show for $7 each.

      Any questions, comments, concerns - PLEASE contact me immediately at 480-232-0024.

      Thanks, and see you soon!

      Bob Buechler

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        As quickly as I can manage it, I'm trying to get the online gallery complete. The art that did not
        sell will be available for a limited time for sale online. I hope to have the site complete and
        ready to go very soon.

        Thanks,
        Bob

        --- wolfvision <wolfvision@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, Bob.
        > Hope I can make the screening.
        >
        > What is the update on the art exhibit and the art that did not get sold?
        >
        > Wolf

      • wolfvision