Hello All

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25 2:42 PM
      I'm Elizabeth and I just joined the group. I have been doing talks at
      local colleges for the past 2 years about the case and posting up
      flyers wherever I think they won't get torn down, but aside from that
      I am not really financially able to support. I did get Damien a book
      from his wish list, though. You do what you can.

      I was looking up some information on the official site in order to
      organize a awareness protest outside the Mesa Library and I found this
      group! I was so happy that there was a support group in Phoenix -
      applause to the webmaster for all your hard work!

      I have yet to set a date for my awareness protest, but I wanted to do
      something dramatic to get people involved. Otherwise people ignore you
      as they walk out of the library. You know, they think that whatever
      your problem is, it's your problem and there's no reason to get involved.

      I am buying an American flag to wear, duct taping my mouth, and
      holding a "For Sale" sign with "human rights" written on it. I'm sure
      that'll get some attention. I will be handing out those excellent
      flyers from the official site and talking to people about the trial
      and how they can help. I think it's a good iddea, but if anyone has
      any suggestions I would like to hear them. I have been really serious
      about spreading the word for about 5 years now and I know that each
      little individual effort puts us ahead by miles.

      -Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25 5:35 PM
        Elizabeth,

        Great to hear from you!

        I would love to help in any way that I can.

        This list, for the most part, has become largely an informational notice board for people interested in hearing about local events. I would VERY much love to see this list become a discussion forum for the case, and a means in which to collaborate to create and maintain a steady stream of local awareness events. People like you are those that can make that happen.

        I'm glad you like the newly redesigned wm3.org - it took a great deal of work and a huge collaboration with some of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

        I think your concept of a library event is a good one, although staging a full-blown protest at one would most likely not garner the type of attention that this case needs or deserves. If we want this case to be taken seriously, and for people to really look into it properly, it is an ABSOLUTE must that we treat the public with the most respect and dignity possible, while we educate them.

        The reason for that is, people are more likely to listen to you and respect your cause when you approach them as equals. It's far too easy for our critics to label us as young, disrespectful, hothead fanatics who scream at you from street corners on your way by. But if we change our image to reflect the viewpoints of the common man: the retail clerk, the lawyers, the doctors, the accoutants - and still stand up and speak our minds - then suddenly we're not some fanatic group of people who they can so easily dismiss - we're regular people who obviously have something VERY serious on our minds.

        If we want to legitimize our fight for justice, we cannot do it in a hostile manner. We must appear respectful, well-behaved and even-tempered - all the while maintaining the grave seriousness of our cause and our stedfast willingness to continue pushing this case until the world finally hears us. Only then will we have any shot at actually being heard.

        I look forward to talking with you about your ideas and the lectures you've held at the local colleges. I think those types of activities are valuable and necessary and I would like to further your work by helping to continue it.

        In the coming months I'm going to renew my request for anyone on this list to help us in publicing a MAJOR event that's about to happen this fall. Please keep your eyes open for an email outlining the project and what you can do to help.

        Elizabeth, if you'd prefer, you can always contact me at 480-232-0024, any time from June 28th to July 1st and then again from July 5th on out. I'll be on vacation during the other times and will likely not answer my phone. ;-)

        Thank you again for your passion and all your hard work - I can't wait to work with you.

        Sincerely,
        Bob Buechler

        Elizabeth <branowen@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT