DONATIONS URGENTLY NEEDED FOR ECHOLS' DEFENSE FUND

  • txtothebone
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 3:31 PM
      http://www.wm3.org/live/newsevents/newsitem.php?index=1&news_Id=135

      DONATIONS URGENTLY NEEDED FOR ECHOLS' DEFENSE FUND
      August 8, 2007

      As you may be aware, we're approaching the home stretch of the crusade
      to get our friends Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley,
      Jr. the justice they've been fighting to see for almost a decade and a
      half. There is much to be optimistic about and though we are in
      encouraging times, they are also the most expensive times for the
      development of their case. Funding has never been more crucial.

      Over the years many generous people have given selflessly to this
      cause, and they have watched as substantial progress has been made
      with their help. Now the time has come to put the pedal to the metal
      for the most grueling miles in this victory for justice. In order to
      finish legal work, investigative work and various legal processes, the
      Damien Echols Defense Fund needs funding urgently, and this us asking
      you to help the West Memphis Three now by donating whatever amount you
      are able to afford at your earliest convenience.

      After Damien, Jason and Jessie are free, there will obviously no
      longer be a need for a "Free The West Memphis Three" website, but we
      have decided to leave wm3.org running for as long as we can to show
      the world what happened, and how it was eventually resolved. We don't
      want anyone to forget this case because we don't want to see it happen
      again.

      Once our friends are free, we want to create a page on the site to
      show gratitude to the people who have donated, worked, organized and
      fought all these years, and we're opening inclusion up to anyone who
      donates more than $200 to the Damien Echols Defense Fund between now
      and the day they're released, with the emphasis on NOW. Your name and
      photo will be added to this "Friends of the WM3" page as soon as the
      WM3 are released, and will stay there for as long as we're able to
      keep the WM3 site up and running after they're free.

      Sincerely,
      The Free the WM3 Support Fund