Fw: KARK NEWS

  • wolfvision
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3 3:19 PM
      Watch this live report.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: wolfvision
      To: WM3discussion@...
      Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 3:35 PM
      Subject: KARK NEWS

      Echols' Attorney: "Results... to shed significant light on the case"

      Reported by: Stephanie Jackson, KARK 4 News
      02/02/2007 05:02pm
      The lawyer for Damien Echols, one of 3 West Memphis teens convicted of killing 3 little boys in 1993, says new DNA evidence will be presented soon.

      Echols, who's on death row, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelly were all convicted for the murders of Christopher Byers, Stevie Branch and Michael Moore.

      Today, Echols' attorney, Dennis Riordan from San Francisco California, told KARK 4 News by phone, the results of new DNA evidence are "significant."

      "Mr. Echols was someone from day one pushing very hard to get these DNA testing done because he thought it was important to his case and he was always a proponent. I think we have results that are going to shed significant light on the case," says Riordan.

      Stay tuned to KARK 4 News for more developments on this story.

      I pray the DNA will reveal who the true killer is of Steve, Christopher and Michael.

      The Wolf

    • Elizabeth Kyllingstad
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3 6:04 PM
        I can't find this story on the internet anywhere... anyone have a link? It
        isn't even on the official site yet. I'm looking for a link to send out to
        friends/supporters and would appreciate it if someone could post. Thanks!

        On 2/3/07, wolfvision <wolfvision@...> wrote:

        > Watch this live report.

        FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
        http://www.wm3.org

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3 6:24 PM
          Yep, go to http://www.kark.com/content/fulltext/?cid=54060

          I went and confirmed it too when I read this.

          The story doesn't outline anything specific, but it does hint at a timeline for when the defense team will be acting. But it's important to understand that this is as much about timing and poise as it is about preparedness and thoroughness. So they may decide to file tomorrow or they may decide to wait months. It's hard to say.

          That said, I don't think the courts have given them much wiggle room with which to maneuver. They put a time limit on how much time the Defense has to file once the DNA testing has been completed, so if that's the case and it IS complete, we'll see movement in weeks, not months, as the story suggests.

          In any case, hold on to your butts, this is likely going to get very interesting very quickly.

          Bob

          On 2/3/07, wolfvision <wolfvision@cox. net> wrote:

          > Watch this live report.

          FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!

          http://www.wm3 org

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;
          }
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;
          }
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          padding-top:10px;
          font-family:Verdana;
          font-size:77%;
          margin:0;
          }
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;
          }
          #ygrp-actbar{
          clear:both;
          margin:25px 0;
          white-space:nowrap;
          color:#666;
          text-align:right;
          }
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;
          white-space:nowrap;
          }
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          font-family:Verdana;
          font-size:77%;
          padding:15px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-ft{
          font-family:verdana;
          font-size:77%;
          border-top:1px solid #666;
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;
          }

          #ygrp-vital{
          background-color:#e0ecee;
          margin-bottom:20px;
          padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
          }
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          font-size:77%;
          font-family:Verdana;
          font-weight:bold;
          color:#333;
          text-transform:uppercase;
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;
          margin:2px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          list-style-type:none;
          clear:both;
          border:1px solid #e0ecee;
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          font-weight:bold;
          color:#ff7900;
          float:right;
          width:2em;
          text-align:right;
          padding-right:.5em;
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;
          }
          #ygrp-vital a {
          text-decoration:none;
          }

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;
          }

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;
          font-size:77%;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          padding:6px 13px;
          background-color:#e0ecee;
          margin-bottom:20px;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;
          margin:0;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          list-style-type:square;
          padding:6px 0;
          font-size:77%;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;
          font-size:130%;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
          background-color:#eee;
          margin-bottom:20px;
          padding:0 8px;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          font-family:Arial;
          font-weight:bold;
          color:#628c2a;
          font-size:100%;
          line-height:122%;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;
          }
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;
          }
          o {font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal {
          margin:0 0 0 0;
          }
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;
          }
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq {margin:4;}
          -->

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3 6:37 PM
            Thanks, Bob. Riordan's "hints" sound promising, though. I'm crossing my
            fingers!

            On 2/3/07, Bob B. <megashub@...> wrote:

            > Yep, go to http://www.kark.com/content/fulltext/?cid=54060
            >
            > I went and confirmed it too when I read this.
            >
            > The story doesn't outline anything specific, but it does hint at a
            > timeline for when the defense team will be acting. But it's important to
            > understand that this is as much about timing and poise as it is about
            > preparedness and thoroughness. So they may decide to file tomorrow or they
            > may decide to wait months. It's hard to say.
            >
            > That said, I don't think the courts have given them much wiggle room with
            > which to maneuver. They put a time limit on how much time the Defense has to
            > file once the DNA testing has been completed, so if that's the case and it
            > IS complete, we'll see movement in weeks, not months, as the story suggests.
            >
            > In any case, hold on to your butts, this is likely going to get very
            > interesting very quickly.
            >
            > Bob

            FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
            http://www.wm3.org

          • Litz, Jason
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3 6:53 PM

              On 2/3/07, wolfvision <wolfvision@... <mailto:wolfvision%40cox.net> > wrote:

              > Watch this live report.

              FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
              http://www.wm3.org <http://www.wm3.org>

            • Litz, Jason
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3 7:06 PM
                www.kark.com/content/fulltext/?cid=54060
                Make sure you watch the vid

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 3 10:08 PM
                  Yeah, I just posted it on WM3.org, as you'll notice. ;-)

                  Be sure and watch the video as Jason suggests, it loads fast and it's nice to see it getting news coverage.

                  KARK has been pretty tenacious about covering the WM3 case, often running stories where other stations and publications ignore it.

                  Wolf, thanks for being on top of the topica list and sending in the information.

                  Bob