WM3 World Awareness Day 2007

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hello all!

      It's been a while since I've sent anything to this list, mainly
      because there hasn't been much about the case to talk about (and
      sadly, there still isn't).

      The case continues to wait on the completion of the DNA testing, and
      the subsequent authoring of the legal filings that will follow them.
      Once the Defense team has completed their investigation, they will
      file new motions in court and we will see action again. There is no
      news as to why things have taken this long or even what their next
      move is likely to be.

      However, there is still awareness work we could be doing, and one of
      those opportunities is the yearly WM3 World Awareness Day event.

      For those of you unfamiliar with the event, basically regional support
      groups like us all over the world (literally), all throw big benefit
      events sychronized across the globe on June 3rd every year. June 3rd
      is the anniversary of the day the three were thrown into prison.

      Because we are realists, not all venues will be able to open their
      doors to us on that specific date due to long-term scheduling issues,
      so we generally run events beginning on the 1st and end on the 3rd.
      This gives everyone a few days to work with, while still maintaining
      the spirit of the event.

      As a few of you know, I used to run and host these events myself in
      years past. We've done benefit art shows, multiple concert events, and
      several other concepts over the years. However, I travel the country
      for 7 months out of the year now, June included.

      This means I need someone local here to step up and run the events
      instead.

      To that end, if an event is to be held in June, we should begin
      brainstorming for it now.

      If anyone on this list has any ideas (they don't have to be complete
      ideas), post them now. If anyone on this list has friends who are
      promoters, venue operators, musicians, artists, theater operators, etc
      etc. Speak up. We could use all the help we can get.

      Did I mention theater operators? I did. And the reason is because I
      have a theatrical reel version of Paradise Lost I can lend to a
      willing theater if there's anyone in the valley willing to screen it.
      I've done the leg work on this before and managed to screen it at
      Tempe Cinemas once, but the turnout was much less than expected and
      the chances of them being so generous again is slim. But, I welcome
      any help in this arena as well.

      I look foward to hearing everyone's ideas and suggestions. I'd really
      like to see Phoenix host another top-notch fundraiser/benefit again
      this year.

      Thanks again for your support.

      Bob
    • wolfvision
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
        Hey Bob,

        An update on the DNA.

        Echols' Attorney: "Results... to shed significant light on the case"

        Reported by: Stephanie Jackson, KARK 4 News
        02/02/2007 05:02pm
        The lawyer for Damien Echols, one of 3 West Memphis teens convicted of killing 3 little boys in 1993, says new DNA evidence will be presented soon.

        Echols, who's on death row, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelly were all convicted for the murders of Christopher Byers, Stevie Branch and Michael Moore.

        Today, Echols' attorney, Dennis Riordan from San Francisco California, told KARK 4 News by phone, the results of new DNA evidence are "significant."

        "Mr. Echols was someone from day one pushing very hard to get these DNA testing done because he thought it was important to his case and he was always a proponent. I think we have results that are going to shed significant light on the case," says Riordan.

        Stay tuned to KARK 4 News for more developments on this story.

        I pray the DNA will reveal who the true killer is of Steve, Christopher and Michael.

        The Wolf