Re: [WM3az] Letter to Gov. Huckabee from Jason Baldwin

  • wolfvision
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 3:57 PM
      Hey Bob!

      Here is a suggestion by Jason for Awareness Day that I know you will be
      excited about.

      My best to you and Patrice.

      Wolfvision

      From Jason --

      Dear Supporters of the WM3:

      A friend and I were chatting this weekend when she brought up an important
      issue. With Awareness Day fast approaching, what is being planned for
      Arkansas? After all, this state needs to be everyone's focal point. She
      proposed a brilliant idea, which I want to pass on to you.

      I know many of you over the past decade or so have literally inundated the
      Governor's office with letters. How many letters have been sent? Well, it
      could be anyone's guess. I don't believe anyone is keeping a record, and of
      course, the Governor's office keeps an apparently endless supply of those
      rubber-stamped "form" letters everyone receives in response.

      So the idea is this: We all write another letter to the Governor of
      Arkansas-but wait! This time, instead of mailing these letters directly to
      his office, we address them to the post office box listed below, like this:

      WRITE TO FREEDOM

      Attn: Gov. Mike Huckabee

      P.O. Box 7406

      Little Rock, AR 72217

      How does it sound so far? (By the way, I came up with the name of this
      little mission-"WRITE TO FREEDOM." It has a nice ring, doesn't it?) The
      letters need to be brief, polite and focused. Gov. Huckabee says he hasn't
      seen proof of our innocence. Is he satisfied with the "proofs" of our guilt?
      Tell him what fact of this case troubles you most. Stress how important it
      is for him to be well informed. And don't wait. There isn't much time.
      Please write that letter today!

      All letters must be in by Friday, May 26. As they arrive, Arkansas
      volunteers will sort them as follows: Letters from Arkansans, Letters from
      Other Americans, and, last but not least, Letters from Humanity around the
      Globe.

      As Awareness Day approaches, I expect this cache of letters to grow
      exponentially. In other words, I'm hoping we'll need lots of supporters here
      in Arkansas just to carry them to our great state's capitol. As the date for
      that event draws near, supporters here in Arkansas will post details for
      anyone-from anywhere-who wants to participate.

      If all goes well, local and national media will also be on hand. That's why
      I want you to do this too: On the outside of your envelope, write a brief
      statement about what you told the governor and what you hope he does
      concerning the case of the West Memphis Three. That way, these statements
      can be made available to the media, without opening the Governor's mail.

      I believe the Arkansas Constitution grants power to the Governor to help
      people who have been wrongly convicted. But for him to do that in this case,
      he needs to know the facts. Certainly, once he does, justice will not be
      ignored forever.

      Thank you, everyone. Today is my birthday and I have but one wish. This is
      the last year of my twenties. I'll be happy indeed if Damien, Jessie and I
      can spend just one day of it as free men.

      Always,

      Jason