Worldwide Awareness Day

  • David Hoyt
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2006
      Are there any plans for the Phoenix area. I am living in Glendale now, as opposed to last year when I lived in Wickenburg, and would love to help, volunteer, or participate.

      DaveHoyt

      "Our hope is deeper than the pain we often feel."
      -King's X-

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 21, 2006
        Plans are still soft at this time. We have interest from several local bands, some that helped last year and some that did not.

        However, we don't even need to do a concert at all if anyone has any other ideas. So please post any brainstorms here and we can discuss them.

        Also, if anyone has any contacts in the movie theater business, I have a movie reel version of Paradise Lost 1 available for screening purposes.

        I'd love to hear all of your ideas. We've been doing benefits for a long time now and fresh blood is always welcome.

        Talk to you soon!
        Bob

        David Hoyt <dhoytinaz@...> wrote: Are there any plans for the Phoenix area. I am living in Glendale now, as opposed to last year when I lived in Wickenburg, and would love to help, volunteer, or participate.

        DaveHoyt

        "Our hope is deeper than the pain we often feel."
        -King's X-

        p; order trial by jury West virginia bankruptcy law West virginia divorce law West memphis California three strikes law West palm beach law firm

        ---------------------------------

      • Queen of the HARPEES!
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 21, 2006
          What if people donate art to be sold with the money
          going towards the WM3 defense funds? I myself have a
          lot of photographs I could part with knowing they were
          going to such a good cause. I also know some artists
          that could be interested in doing that.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 21, 2006
            We did something very similar to that with our art benefit a while back. And, while it did drum up a great deal of publicity, it garnered very little in the way of fund raising.

            I think this concept would be best used in conjunction with a separate idea specifically designed to raise funds. But we should make sure we don't repeat ourselves, or the public will begin to develop a "been there, seen that" mentality before long.

            Keep em coming guys! This is exactly the sort of thing we need to throw around.

            Bob

            Queen of the HARPEES! <metelhedgrrl666@...> wrote: What if people donate art to be sold with the money

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            p; order trial by jury West virginia bankruptcy law West virginia divorce law West memphis California three strikes law West palm beach law firm

            ---------------------------------

          • donziap
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
              I don't know just throwing this in, but what about a rally or a mild
              demonstration at the University and viewing of the movies there.
              Along with whatever is donated. How was turn out last year?

              --- In WM3az@yahoogroups.com, "Bob B." <megashub@...> wrote:

              > Plans are still soft at this time. We have interest from several
              local bands, some that helped last year and some that did not.

              > However, we don't even need to do a concert at all if anyone has
              any other ideas. So please post any brainstorms here and we can
              discuss them.

              > Also, if anyone has any contacts in the movie theater business,
              I have a movie reel version of Paradise Lost 1 available for
              screening purposes.

              > I'd love to hear all of your ideas. We've been doing benefits
              for a long time now and fresh blood is always welcome.

              > Talk to you soon!
              > Bob
              >

              > David Hoyt <dhoytinaz@...> wrote: Are there any plans for
              the Phoenix area. I am living in Glendale now, as opposed to last
              year when I lived in Wickenburg, and would love to help, volunteer,
              or participate.

              > DaveHoyt
              >
              > "Our hope is deeper than the pain we often feel."
              > -King's X-

              > p; order
              trial by jury West virginia
              bankruptcy law West
              virginia divorce
              law
              West memphis
              California three strikes
              law West palm beach law
              firm

              Service.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
                The turnout was good. The problem I've always had with getting things going at the University is access. I don't seem to know the right people to give me access to their theaters or to schedule anything on the quad for a demonstration. I think it's a fabulous, low-overhead idea... and I'm sure we might even be able to get some of the bands that are interested in helping to perform somewhere on campus as well... but again, access and permission has been the historical block there.

                If you know the right people, we should talk. It's a great concept.

                Bob

                donziap <donziap@...> wrote: I don't know just throwing this in, but what about a rally or a mild
                demonstration at the University and viewing of the movies there.
                Along with whatever is donated. How was turn out last year?

                --- In WM3az@yahoogroups.com, "Bob B." <megashub@...> wrote:

                > Plans are still soft at this time. We have interest from several
                local bands, some that helped last year and some that did not.

                > However, we don't even need to do a concert at all if anyone has
                any other ideas. So please post any brainstorms here and we can
                discuss them.

                > Also, if anyone has any contacts in the movie theater business,
                I have a movie reel version of Paradise Lost 1 available for
                screening purposes.

                > I'd love to hear all of your ideas. We've been doing benefits
                for a long time now and fresh blood is always welcome.

                > Talk to you soon!
                > Bob
                >

                > David Hoyt <dhoytinaz@...> wrote: Are there any plans for
                the Phoenix area. I am living in Glendale now, as opposed to last
                year when I lived in Wickenburg, and would love to help, volunteer,
                or participate.

                > DaveHoyt
                >
                > "Our hope is deeper than the pain we often feel."
                > -King's X-

                > p; order
                trial by jury West virginia
                bankruptcy law West
                virginia divorce
                law
                West memphis
                California three strikes
                law West palm beach law
                firm

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------

                p; order trial by jury West virginia bankruptcy law West virginia divorce law West memphis California three strikes law West palm beach law firm

                ---------------------------------

              • donziap howard
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
                  I don't know about the main campus where it should be held, but I do go to the west campus. I did go to the local to national justice rally at the main asu. If there are more rallies there, then maybe I can talk to some of the organizers. Or..... if you would prefer the campus I attend at, I can also find out more information on how to approach this idea. I think either campus will due, but the plus to the the west campus is, because there are alot of criminal justice students like myself there and I would think they would have interest in this particular case regarding the injustice and perhaps will even to step up to help. Anyhow its just an idea. Well, if there are better ideas out there, let me know how I can help. Have a great day!

                  "Bob B." <megashub@...> wrote:
                  The turnout was good. The problem I've always had with getting things going at the University is access. I don't seem to know the right people to give me access to their theaters or to schedule anything on the quad for a demonstration. I think it's a fabulous, low-overhead idea... and I'm sure we might even be able to get some of the bands that are interested in helping to perform somewhere on campus as well... but again, access and permission has been the historical block there.

                  If you know the right people, we should talk. It's a great concept.

                  Bob

                  donziap <donziap@...> wrote: I don't know just throwing this in, but what about a rally or a mild
                  demonstration at the University and viewing of the movies there.
                  Along with whatever is donated. How was turn out last year?

                  --- In WM3az@yahoogroups.com, "Bob B." <megashub@...> wrote:

                  > Plans are still soft at this time. We have interest from several
                  local bands, some that helped last year and some that did not.

                  > However, we don't even need to do a concert at all if anyone has
                  any other ideas. So please post any brainstorms here and we can
                  discuss them.

                  > Also, if anyone has any contacts in the movie theater business,
                  I have a movie reel version of Paradise Lost 1 available for
                  screening purposes.

                  > I'd love to hear all of your ideas. We've been doing benefits
                  for a long time now and fresh blood is always welcome.

                  > Talk to you soon!
                  > Bob
                  >

                  > David Hoyt <dhoytinaz@...> wrote: Are there any plans for
                  the Phoenix area. I am living in Glendale now, as opposed to last
                  year when I lived in Wickenburg, and would love to help, volunteer,
                  or participate.

                  > DaveHoyt
                  >
                  > "Our hope is deeper than the pain we often feel."
                  > -King's X-

                  > p; order
                  trial by jury West virginia
                  bankruptcy law West
                  virginia divorce
                  law
                  West memphis
                  California three strikes
                  law West palm beach law
                  firm

                  Service.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 25, 2006
                    If the west campus is criminal justice-heavy, perhaps approach a professor about the case. More than likely they've heard about it, and maybe even talked about it in class before. Many criminal justice prof's use this case in class all the time. Finding one who's a supporter will open up massive doors for the support efforts on the university grounds.

                    Would you be willing/able to feel them out?

                    donziap howard <donziap@...> wrote: I don't know about the main campus where it should be held, but I do go to the west campus. I did go to the local to national justice rally at the main asu. If there are more rallies there, then maybe I can talk to some of the organizers. Or..... if you would prefer the campus I attend at, I can also find out more information on how to approach this idea. I think either campus will due, but the plus to the the west campus is, because there are alot of criminal justice students like myself there and I would think they would have interest in this particular case regarding the injustice and perhaps will even to step up to help. Anyhow its just an idea. Well, if there are better ideas out there, let me know how I can help. Have a great day!