Re: Met my fiance here, hehe

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
      Please accept my apologies for this post. If this sort of thing
      continues much longer, I will opt to switch this group over to
      invite-only, but I hesitate doing so as it removes a level of
      accessibility to this list from the public. (ie. visitors cannot read
      group posts without being a member, if it is set to invite-only)

      However, I have no desire to see this list plagued by spam, periodic
      or otherwise. So if we see one more intrusion like this within the
      next month, I'll make the switch.

      Again, sorry for this. Rest assured, however, that your email
      addresses remain safeguarded even by intruding spammers.

      This user has obviously been removed from the list and banned from
      rejoining.

      Thanks,
      Bob

      --- In WM3az@yahoogroups.com, "vi.west3413@y..." <vi.west3413@y...> wrote:

      > Some of my friends have managed to meet a few nice ones off this
      thing (here is the place they told me:
      http://www.youwontbedissapointed.info/jrflm , but what do you guys
      reckon? Myself, I actually think it is pretty awesome from what I've
      seen, and Im considering getting on there later on this evening. If
      you don't know what it is, basically its like a matchingplace, but has
      few added things I noticed. Stuff like messenger, vidchat, picsrate,
      etc. Best part is you can talk to ppl on vidchat even if you
      don't have it enabled yourself.

    • amy young
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
        Thanks, Bob. It's almost inevitable these days!

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Melanie Faith
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
          I'm at least glad that it IS periodic. And I seewhat
          you mean about the switch. I wouldn't want you to
          have to do that either. It just makes me sad that
          these spammers don't even care about the things pon
          which they are intruding.
          Melanie Faith

          --- amy young <anika77@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Bob. It's almost inevitable these days!
          >
          > --- "Bob B." <megashub@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Please accept my apologies for this post. If this
          > > sort of thing
          > > continues much longer, I will opt to switch this
          > > group over to
          > > invite-only, but I hesitate doing so as it removes
          > > level of
          > > accessibility to this list from the public. (ie.
          > > visitors cannot read
          > > group posts without being a member, if it is set
          > > invite-only)
          > >
          > > However, I have no desire to see this list plagued
          > > by spam, periodic
          > > or otherwise. So if we see one more intrusion like
          > > this within the
          > > next month, I'll make the switch.
          > >
          > > Again, sorry for this. Rest assured, however, that
          > > your email
          > > addresses remain safeguarded even by intruding
          > > spammers.
          > >
          > > This user has obviously been removed from the list
          > > and banned from
          > > rejoining.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Bob
          > >

          > > --- In WM3az@yahoogroups.com, "vi.west3413@y..."
          > > <vi.west3413@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Some of my friends have managed to meet a few
          > nice
          > > ones off this
          > > thing (here is the place they told me:
          > > http://www.youwontbedissapointed.info/jrflm , but
          > > what do you guys
          > > reckon? Myself, I actually think it is pretty
          > > awesome from what I've
          > > seen, and Im considering getting on there later on
          > > this evening. If
          > > you don't know what it is, basically its like a
          > > matchingplace, but has
          > > few added things I noticed. Stuff like messenger,
          > > vidchat, picsrate,
          > > etc. Best part is you can talk to ppl on vidchat
          > > even if you
          > > don't have it enabled yourself.
          > > >

          > __________________________________
          >
          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          A toast, Jedidiah, to love on my terms: The only terms a man ever knows......his own.
          Orson Welles----Citizen Kane

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
            Sadly, it's come down to such automation these days, that most spammers don't even know which
            avenues their software takes to mass distribute their spam. They set it up with a few parameters
            (such as "groups.yahoo.com") and watch it go.

            Annoyingly simple, and thusly widespread.

            Ahh well! Onward and upward.

            Bob

            http://farechase.yahoo.com