Met my fiance here, hehe

  • vi.west3413@yashyi.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
      Some of my friends have managed to meet a few nice ones off this thing (here is the place they told me: http://www.youwontbedissapointed.info/jrflm , but what do you guys reckon? Myself, I actually think it is pretty awesome from what I've seen, and Im considering getting on there later on this evening. If you don't know what it is, basically its like a matchingplace, but has few added things I noticed. Stuff like messenger, vidchat, picsrate, etc. Best part is you can talk to ppl on vidchat even if you don't have it enabled yourself.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
        Please accept my apologies for this post. If this sort of thing
        continues much longer, I will opt to switch this group over to
        invite-only, but I hesitate doing so as it removes a level of
        accessibility to this list from the public. (ie. visitors cannot read
        group posts without being a member, if it is set to invite-only)

        However, I have no desire to see this list plagued by spam, periodic
        or otherwise. So if we see one more intrusion like this within the
        next month, I'll make the switch.

        Again, sorry for this. Rest assured, however, that your email
        addresses remain safeguarded even by intruding spammers.

        This user has obviously been removed from the list and banned from
        rejoining.

        Thanks,
        Bob

        --- In WM3az@yahoogroups.com, "vi.west3413@y..." <vi.west3413@y...> wrote:

        > Some of my friends have managed to meet a few nice ones off this
        thing (here is the place they told me:
        http://www.youwontbedissapointed.info/jrflm , but what do you guys
        reckon? Myself, I actually think it is pretty awesome from what I've
        seen, and Im considering getting on there later on this evening. If
        you don't know what it is, basically its like a matchingplace, but has
        few added things I noticed. Stuff like messenger, vidchat, picsrate,
        etc. Best part is you can talk to ppl on vidchat even if you
        don't have it enabled yourself.

      • amy young
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
          Thanks, Bob. It's almost inevitable these days!

          __________________________________
          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Melanie Faith
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
            I'm at least glad that it IS periodic. And I seewhat
            you mean about the switch. I wouldn't want you to
            have to do that either. It just makes me sad that
            these spammers don't even care about the things pon
            which they are intruding.
            Melanie Faith

            --- amy young <anika77@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Bob. It's almost inevitable these days!
            >
            > --- "Bob B." <megashub@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Please accept my apologies for this post. If this
            > > sort of thing
            > > continues much longer, I will opt to switch this
            > > group over to
            > > invite-only, but I hesitate doing so as it removes
            > > level of
            > > accessibility to this list from the public. (ie.
            > > visitors cannot read
            > > group posts without being a member, if it is set
            > > invite-only)
            > >
            > > However, I have no desire to see this list plagued
            > > by spam, periodic
            > > or otherwise. So if we see one more intrusion like
            > > this within the
            > > next month, I'll make the switch.
            > >
            > > Again, sorry for this. Rest assured, however, that
            > > your email
            > > addresses remain safeguarded even by intruding
            > > spammers.
            > >
            > > This user has obviously been removed from the list
            > > and banned from
            > > rejoining.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Bob
            > >

            > > --- In WM3az@yahoogroups.com, "vi.west3413@y..."
            > > <vi.west3413@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Some of my friends have managed to meet a few
            > nice
            > > ones off this
            > > thing (here is the place they told me:
            > > http://www.youwontbedissapointed.info/jrflm , but
            > > what do you guys
            > > reckon? Myself, I actually think it is pretty
            > > awesome from what I've
            > > seen, and Im considering getting on there later on
            > > this evening. If
            > > you don't know what it is, basically its like a
            > > matchingplace, but has
            > > few added things I noticed. Stuff like messenger,
            > > vidchat, picsrate,
            > > etc. Best part is you can talk to ppl on vidchat
            > > even if you
            > > don't have it enabled yourself.
            > > >

            > __________________________________
            >
            > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

            A toast, Jedidiah, to love on my terms: The only terms a man ever knows......his own.
            Orson Welles----Citizen Kane

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
              Sadly, it's come down to such automation these days, that most spammers don't even know which
              avenues their software takes to mass distribute their spam. They set it up with a few parameters
              (such as "groups.yahoo.com") and watch it go.

              Annoyingly simple, and thusly widespread.

              Ahh well! Onward and upward.

              Bob

              http://farechase.yahoo.com