Re: [WM3az] WM3 Awareness Day 2005 - All Call

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2005
      You mean for the Phoenix group specifically? Not a bad idea. I'll get that set up here in a few...

      With regard to band networking, that and azpunk.com are primarily where we contacted the bands we
      have so far... I'm hoping folks on the mailing list might be able to provide me with some quality
      references to bands they've heard previously or happen to know.

      Bob

      --- Brandon <brandon_huigens@...> wrote:

      > How about getting a myspace page? There are TONS of
      > bands to network with there...
      >
      > --- Jocelyn LePage <jmlepage24@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Bob,
      > >
      > > I wish I could say that I can help out with the band
      > > situation but I can't. I would love to help in any
      > > other way if I can!! Please let me know if you need
      > > any help with staff!!
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Jocelyn LePage
      > >
      > > "Bob B." <megashub@...> wrote:
      > > Hello everyone!
      > >
      > > Things have been quiet for a while... however.. if
      > > you've been following the case at all recently,
      > > you may have seen some stuff for "Word Awareness Day
      > > 2005". Here's the deal:
      > >
      > > Cities all over the world are throwing awareness
      > > events on the same day - July 23rd, 2005
      > > (Saturday).
      > >
      > > Phoenix is no exception, we're actually throwing
      > > two... because we can and dammit, we should.
      > >
      > > WE NEED YOUR HELP!
      > >
      > > For July 23rd, 2005, we need AT LEAST ONE more
      > > acoustic/folk/jazz group to perform for us. If you
      > > can recommend ANYONE who might be interested, please
      > > contact me at megashub@... or
      > > 480.232.0024 (please don't reply to the list)
      > > ASAP... time is growing VERY short to promote these
      > > events and we must act quickly if we expect to draw
      > > the proper crowds. Your help here would be
      > > invaluable.
      > >

      > > Here's the details (subject to change) for the first
      > > event, held the Friday before - July 22nd:
      > >
      > > Hollywood Alley
      > > 2610 W Baseline Rd
      > > Mesa, Arizona 85202
      > >
      > > This is a 21+ event!
      > > Awareness info table and merchandise available to
      > > all-ages!
      > >
      > > Doors open at 7pm.
      > >
      > > Music By:
      > > Calabrese
      > > The Earps
      > > Family Secret
      > >
      > > Special Guest:
      > > Page the Village Idiot
      > >
      > > Screening of 'Paradise Lost' beginning at 7:30pm.
      > > Screening of 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations'
      > > beginning at 10pm.
      > >
      > > $10 suggested cover
      > > $25 cover gets you into the event PLUS a classic
      > > black WM3 shirt (while supplies last).
      > >
      > > Full bar all night long.
      > >

      > > Here's the details (also subject to change) so far
      > > for July 23rd:
      > >

      > > The Paper Heart Gallery
      > > 750 NW Grand Ave.
      > > Phoenix, Arizona 85007
      > >
      > > All ages welcome!
      > >
      > > Doors open at 7pm.
      > >
      > > Music By:
      > > Mark Lanus
      > > Brodie Hubbard
      > >
      > > Poetry Readings by:
      > > Matthew Frank
      > > Eva
      > >
      > > Buddhist Prayer Ceremony by Buddha Heart
      > > International
      > >
      > > Screening of 'Paradise Lost' beginning at 7:00pm.
      > > Screening of 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations'
> [...]

      "It is always a simple matter to drag people along ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
      Hermann Goering - Nuremberg
      "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights ... That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."
      Declaration of Independence

      http://mail.yahoo.com