WM3 Awareness Day 2005 - All Call

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hello everyone!

      Things have been quiet for a while... however.. if you've been following the case at all recently,
      you may have seen some stuff for "Word Awareness Day 2005". Here's the deal:

      Cities all over the world are throwing awareness events on the same day - July 23rd, 2005
      (Saturday).

      Phoenix is no exception, we're actually throwing two... because we can and dammit, we should.

      WE NEED YOUR HELP!

      For July 23rd, 2005, we need AT LEAST ONE more acoustic/folk/jazz group to perform for us. If you
      can recommend ANYONE who might be interested, please contact me at megashub@... or
      480.232.0024 (please don't reply to the list) ASAP... time is growing VERY short to promote these
      events and we must act quickly if we expect to draw the proper crowds. Your help here would be
      invaluable.

      Here's the details (subject to change) for the first event, held the Friday before - July 22nd:

      Hollywood Alley
      2610 W Baseline Rd
      Mesa, Arizona 85202

      This is a 21+ event!
      Awareness info table and merchandise available to all-ages!

      Doors open at 7pm.

      Music By:
      Calabrese
      The Earps
      Family Secret

      Special Guest:
      Page the Village Idiot

      Screening of 'Paradise Lost' beginning at 7:30pm.
      Screening of 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations' beginning at 10pm.

      $10 suggested cover
      $25 cover gets you into the event PLUS a classic black WM3 shirt (while supplies last).

      Full bar all night long.

      Here's the details (also subject to change) so far for July 23rd:

      The Paper Heart Gallery
      750 NW Grand Ave.
      Phoenix, Arizona 85007

      All ages welcome!

      Doors open at 7pm.

      Music By:
      Mark Lanus
      Brodie Hubbard

      Poetry Readings by:
      Matthew Frank
      Eva

      Buddhist Prayer Ceremony by Buddha Heart International

      Screening of 'Paradise Lost' beginning at 7:00pm.
      Screening of 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations' beginning at 9:30pm.

      $10 suggested cover

      ALSO: If you or someone you know would be interested in helping to staff either of these two
      events, your help would be greatly appreciated! Please call or email: 480.232.0024 /
      megashub@... for additional information!

      I will post official press releases and promo posters to the mailing list as soon as they are
      finalized.

      Thanks!
      Bob Buechler

      __________________________________
      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
    • Jocelyn LePage
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2005
        Hi Bob,

        I wish I could say that I can help out with the band situation but I can't. I would love to help in any other way if I can!! Please let me know if you need any help with staff!!

        Thanks,
        Jocelyn LePage

      • Brandon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2005
          How about getting a myspace page? There are TONS of
          bands to network with there...

          http://www.myspace.com/theleadingbrand

          __________________________________
          Discover Yahoo!
        • Les
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 14, 2005
            Yeah !
            I had told ya about Calabrese a while ago. Glad they stepped up!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 14, 2005
              You mean for the Phoenix group specifically? Not a bad idea. I'll get that set up here in a few...

              With regard to band networking, that and azpunk.com are primarily where we contacted the bands we
              have so far... I'm hoping folks on the mailing list might be able to provide me with some quality
              references to bands they've heard previously or happen to know.

              Bob

              --- Brandon <brandon_huigens@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > International
              > >
              > > Screening of 'Paradise Lost' beginning at 7:00pm.
              > > Screening of 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations'
              > > beginning at 9:30pm.
              > >
              > > $10 suggested cover
              > >

              > > ALSO: If you or someone you know would be interested
              > > in helping to staff either of these two
              > > events, your help would be greatly appreciated!
              > > Please call or email: 480.232.0024 /
              > > megashub@... for additional information!
              > >
              > > I will post official press releases and promo
              > > posters to the mailing list as soon as they are
              > > finalized.
              > >
              > > Thanks!
              > > Bob Buechler

              > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

              > > removed]
              > >

              > http://www.myspace.com/theleadingbrand

              > Discover Yahoo!
              > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!

              "It is always a simple matter to drag people along ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
              Hermann Goering - Nuremberg
              "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights ... That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."
              Declaration of Independence

              http://mail.yahoo.com