West Memphis 3 Film Legal Action

  • David
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      I am the co-producer for this film and have not been informed on its
      status, updated on its progress nor the business structure in any
      way since fall 2004. I have spoken to other cast members that have
      not received any correspondence as well even though Curt Johnson
      claims the project begins shooting March 2005. I have now been
      removed from the IMBD site as the co-producer.

      Since I have made a substantial investment in this project (via my
      time, research, cash and other resources IE: providing the writer of
      this project room/board/cash over a 15 month period), I am
      officially making notice here and on various other WM3 related sites
      that I am actively and aggressively seeking compensation and
      acknowledgement for my role in the West Memphis Three film
      project. This is a film, which needs to be made.

      Sincerely,

      David Burrows
      Producer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
        David,

        Thank you for your post. I've brought your information forward to the appropriate people at
        wm3.org, for informational purposes at least.

        Bob Buechler
        Phoenix WM3 support group

        --- David <dmburrows98@...> wrote:

        > I am the co-producer for this film and have not been informed on its
        > status, updated on its progress nor the business structure in any
        > way since fall 2004. I have spoken to other cast members that have
        > not received any correspondence as well even though Curt Johnson
        > claims the project begins shooting March 2005. I have now been
        > removed from the IMBD site as the co-producer.
        >
        > Since I have made a substantial investment in this project (via my
        > time, research, cash and other resources IE: providing the writer of
        > this project room/board/cash over a 15 month period), I am
        > officially making notice here and on various other WM3 related sites
        > that I am actively and aggressively seeking compensation and
        > acknowledgement for my role in the West Memphis Three film
        > project. This is a film, which needs to be made.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > David Burrows
        > Producer

        __________________________________
        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
      • Brandon
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
          I'm not sure I understand the deal here... what film?
          Or can you not say?

          Does myspace.com have a WM3 profile?

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
            Brandon,

            For some time now, there has been talk of a wide-release theatrical film being produced by Curt
            Johnson. Because this film has since stalled out and gone nowhere for quite some time, most
            everyone who knew about it has considered it a dead project.

            The email from David states that he had some financial interest in that project and he wishes to
            seek retribution for it.

            Such things occur in Hollywood quite frequently, so I'm not entirely surprised by this situation.

            A theatrical film on this horrible situation is something I think the case would benefit from, so
            long as it's done properly. Here's hoping future projects, if they happen, actually survive to
            fruition.

            Bob