111ANNOUNCEMENT: WM3 World Awareness Day 2005 - TWO SHOWS!

    Jul 12, 2005
      Hello all,

      Tonight I have the pleasure of announcing the Phoenix WM3 Support Group's upcoming benefit shows!

      In conjunction with the worldwide blitz dubbed The WM3 World Awareness Day 2005, Phoenix is not
      just holding 1 event, we're doing 2 - Back to Back. That's right, we decided one just wasn't
      enough for a town so large and with such differing tastes!

      So! The "official" awareness day is July 23rd, 2005. That night, we'll be graciously taking over
      the Paper Heart Gallery in downtown Phoenix (750 NW Grand Ave) for a night of acoustic madness
      featuring local favorites Fatigo and Brodie Hubbard. Special Guest Mark Lanus, a seasoned flute
      and sax player, will also pipe us up with some jazz, blues and even a little Irish. As if that
      wasn't enough, we'll also be joined by some of ASU's finest contemporary poets, Matthew Frank, Eva
      Valencia and Patrice Ruane. And to round out that evening nicely, we'll have Buddha Heart
      International providing us and Damien with a Buddhist chant prayer ceremony. I highly suggest not
      missing this unique event!
      (this event is all ages)

      Oh... we're not done... we're just getting started!

      On July 22nd, 2005. (that's the Friday before, for those keeping score at home) We'll invade The
      Hollywood Alley on the border between Mesa and Tempe. The Alley is known for it's fantastically
      nice, thin and lenky barkeep Fun Bobby, and his fantastic booking talents that keep his joint
      rockin' with only the best. Bobby's been so kind as to open his doors to us for the evening, where
      we will kick you in the teeth with valley punk favorites Family Secret, rockabilly madness from
      The Earps and the ever-catchy, soulsucking horror-rock phenoms Calabrese! Kick-starting this bash
      is none other than the valley's very own fucktard Page the Village Idiot! (sorry Ump, had to steal
      that line!) And just to keep your pulse pounding all night long, Special Guest HeathenWorld (DJ)
      will be spinning the discs between the sets ALL NIGHT LONG!
      (this event is 21+, info and merch table available to all ages)

      Doors open at 7pm for both events, and we're asking for a $10 benefit cover. Do NOT let this
      discourage you however, as we can and will be flexible if you just can't scrape together $10 to
      toss to the boys. This is more about raising awareness for the case than it is about raising
      money. So come out, even if you're broke.

      All proceeds will be donated to the WM3 Legal Defense Fund!

      Also, as an added bonus, we'll be screening HBO's critically-acclaimed award-winning documentaries
      'Paradise Lost' and 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations' via closed captioning, all night long at BOTH
      EVENTS!

      Full WM3 support swag and case information table will be available at both shows as well, so stop
      by and pick up a Free the West Memphis Three shirt!

      Now, unless something life-threatening happens to you or anyone close to you, I will fully expect
      to see EACH AND EVERY one of you. I'll be taking attendance! No, seriously, if you've ever even
      CONSIDERED giving these guys a hand, now is the time to do it. Come out, see two KILLER shows at
      two KILLER venues BACK2BACK, and help these guys in their STILL ongoing fight to freedom and life.

      Questions? Comments? Work in the press? Call: 480.232.0024 anytime.

      Thanks,
      Bob Buechler

      PS: Attached is the promo poster! Pass this on to everyone you know.

      "It is always a simple matter to drag people along ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
      Hermann Goering - Nuremberg
      "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights ... That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."
      Declaration of Independence