As needleworkers in the SCA, we study and live the history of needlework during the SCA's time period, and we use our creative skills to actually re-create the glory of another time. Knowledge of history increases our learning and appreciation of needlework, and our use of authentic period stitches, fabrics, threads and designs increases our understanding of history and of the achievements of the past.
The Guild sponsors regular classes and exhibitions at SCA West Kingdom events. We also meet at most of these events to do Guild business and to inspire ourselves with “show and tell.” In some years we have made presentations to Their Royal Majesties of the West, or taken on a Guild project for the year. In between events, we publish a newsletter four times a year.
- Sep 27, 2000
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.