Favorite (or most useful) needlework tool?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
      What's your favorite, or most useful, needlework tool, and why?

      Do you have a favorite thimble or scissors? A needle case with
      sentimental value? A tool you've discovered to be especially useful?
      Share the story!

      I'm collecting answers to this question for the Fall issue of the
      West Kingdom Needleworkers Guild's newsletter, _Filum Aureum_, whose
      feature article will be on "The Period Workbasket." These are for our
      "needleworker in the street interview" column, called "Through the
      Needle's Eye." I need your answers by September 10th. If you're not
      already on our paper-mail list, I'd be happy to mail anyone a copy of
      the newsletter when it comes out in return for your answer (whether I
      use it or not).

      I'd like to confine the question to THINGS used as tools (i.e. we all
      know our brain's a valuable tool, but...). I'd be especially
      interested to hear of any particularly "period" tools you've found,
      but anything's welcome. (You could even tell me about your _least_
      favorite if you want!)

      (And please sign your answer with your _complete_ SCA name. Thanks!)

      Standard fine print stuff: If you post an answer, I will assume you
      have given permission for your answer to be
      published. Answers may be edited for brevity, relevance et cetera.

      Out-of-kingdom contributions are welcome, and in fact I try to pass
      this notice along to other SCA embroiderers. Please forward freely
      (checking first to be sure it's not a duplicate).

      O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe , Shire of Windy Meads
      + Chris Laning <claning@...>