New Guild Service Project!

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2001
      The Needleworkers Guild has come up with another FUN service project for embroiderers in the Kingdom of the West. We will be creating 17 pouches, with each one displaying the Heraldic Arms of that particular Kingdom. Although this project is earmarked for Pennsic 2003, now is the time to select the Kingdom of your choice! Kingdoms that have already been spoken for include: Aethelmaerc, An Tir, Atenveldt, Calontir, and Drachenwald. You can see each Kingdom's arms in color with each blazon at http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/index.htm

      You can also go to http://www.inlandregion.org/heraldry/kingdoms.html to see black & white drawings of the Arms of the Kingdoms of the Knowne World.

      The embroidery design will be 6 in. x 6 in. and the size of the pouch will be 8 in. x 10 in. Each needleworker can choose their own embroidery technique, fabric, thread and method of finishing the pouch. If you need materials or additional information, please contact Guild Patron Isela di Bari at dcobb@... (phone: 831/385-3040 before 9 p.m.) or email Guild Minister Sabrina de la Bere at SabrinadelaBere@....,

    • Megan McConnell
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2001
        Hi everybody

        I have a source for hand-carved Bone needles. These
        are made out of cowhorn, and are 3 for $6US

        They can be ordered via my website (using Paypal) and
        the URL is http://www.heartshaven.com/needles.shtml

        It is possible that some will (in the future) be made
        out of deer antler, however these will be about double
        the price, due to the cost of antler.

        The gentleman who makes them is very skilled, and his
        work is great! Now -these are not really fine (about
        2mm thick) but it is interesting to work with them.

        He is also looking at making some Lucets out of bone
        as well.

        Madilayn du Mer
        River Haven
        Lochac

        =====
        Megan McConnell
        ICQ: 57164109

        "When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/