Looking for Wool Yarn

  • Vera
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2005
      As my subject says, I am looking for places to purchase wool yarn,
      either online or in the Sacramento Area.

      Thanks in advance for the assistance!

      -Vera
    • Joan Jurancich
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2005
        At 04:14 PM 8/10/2005, Vera wrote:
        >As my subject says, I am looking for places to purchase wool yarn,
        >either online or in the Sacramento Area.
        >
        >Thanks in advance for the assistance!
        >
        >-Vera

        The place I would go to first in Sacramento is Rumpelstiltskin's, in
        The Building, 10th & R Streets (the Fox & Goose pub is on the 10th
        Street end of the building; the shops open from the R Street
        side. Linda has been in business for around 30 years and carries the
        best selection of good yarns (not just wools) that I have found in Sacramento.

        Joan Jurancich
        joanmj@...

      • lilinah@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11, 2005
          From: "Vera" <v_fisch@...>
          >As my subject says, I am looking for places to purchase wool yarn,
          >either online or in the Sacramento Area.

          On-line, I recommend Needle in a Haystack. The shop is in Alameda
          (for those of you in the Bay Area), but they sell on-line, too. They
          have expanded their selection of wools recently. They're good folks
          and carry an amazing range of embroidery supplies, suitable for both
          modern and historical work. The store is an embroidery thread
          wonderland.
          http://www.needlestack.com

          And i have an ulterior motive, i want them to stay in business...
          --
          Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
          the persona formerly known as Anahita