Would like Patterns

  • Edith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hello my name is Gabereala, (sorry I am still working on the name),
      well I have been going to events off and on agaian for almost five
      years (October Crown will be five years), this past June event, I
      happened to come across you guys, and I took a couple of classes,
      which I loved very much. I have been working with all types of
      crafts and sewing since I was around twelve years old. I was
      wondering if there was anyway you could direct me to some period
      style stiches and some period style patterns that I may print of the
      computer so that I may have some stuff done by Septembers event.
      Sadly I will not be able to attend Julys event, but we plan on
      making the one in September. I also would like to learn more types
      and stle stitches and stuff like that I also would like to become an
      apprentice. I also would like to work on the rose pouch things, if
      there is still one to do, I am trying to find out the information
      about that, haven't had much luck with that so please if you can
      send me some information, or direct me in the right direction.

      I really would greatly appreciate it, for I am wanting to help the
      guild out more and become a full member so any information on things
      I can do to help the guild just say the word and I will do the best
      I can with the knowledge I have,and the time I have becuase I have
      two toddlers and well even though I am a stay at home mom they take
      up a lot of my time if you understand me. Well got to get going.
      Thank you for letting me rant on my very first post.

      Your friend,
      Gabereala
    • lilinah@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
        Gabereala wrote:
        >I was wondering if there was anyway you could direct me to some
        >period style stiches and some period style patterns that I may print
        >of the computer

        I suggest a visit to the WK Needleworkers Guild Website:
        http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle.

        There is a ton of information there. Check out the Articles section
        for information on period stitches and pictures of and patterns for
        period needlework.

        There are also links on another page to off-site descriptions of how
        to do stitches mentioned.

        >Sadly I will not be able to attend Julys event,

        The A&S Tourney - if that's the July event you mean, the Principality
        of Cynagua is also having an event - is really wonderful. The
        pleasures of camping and the joys of learning Arts and Sciences for
        two days, all rolled into one.

        >but we plan on
        >making the one in September.

        Which one? There are no Kingdom level events in September, but there
        are various events in both Central West Principalities and in some
        Shires... And there's Ducal Prize, but that's a rather different kind
        of event...

        >...I have
        >two toddlers and well even though I am a stay at home mom they take
        >up a lot of my time if you understand me.

        When my daughter (now 24) was a toddler, she was very time consuming,
        so i understand.
        --
        Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
        the persona formerly known as Anahita