With heavy heart...

  • Willow Polson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2005
      Hello all. It is with heavy heart that I must essentially leave the SCA at
      this point except for doing the occasional Needleworkers Guild service
      project, although that is also in jeopardy as I will also be ramping up my
      needlework designing and publishing efforts, which will keep my needle very
      busy.

      Basically, I'm realizing more and more than I'm only dragging my family
      along to events and only marginally having fun myself. And really, I
      realized today when doing research on breeding my sheep that I AM living
      the life I pretend to live in the SCA. I do embroidery (including being in
      the EGA) and other crafts, I spin wool, I sew clothing, I grow veggies and
      herbs and cut flowers, I raise sheep and chickens (and hopefully soon
      horses), I work the land... I barely have enough time to keep the homestead
      I live on today running without trying to be a second person doing the
      exact same things in different clothing and driving all over creation for
      events -- essential time that I must have to cut brush, tend the garden,
      put up fencing, fix the house, run a web store, write books and articles,
      design needlework patterns, care for my son, and far too much more to
      mention here.

      Well, to keep this short... feel free to say hello via email sometime. I'm
      sorry if I've disappointed anyone. Perhaps I'll be able to come to events
      in the future at some point. Many Blessings to you and yours.

      Rev. Willow Polson www.willowsplace.com
      "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you,
      then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi