[WK-Needle] Hypacanthus Pattern

  • Cheryl Holland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
      Greetings All

      I am in the process of drafting a pattern for our Barony device. Would
      anyone happen to know where I can get a pattern for a heraldically correct
      Hypacanthus (seahorse) it seems that the pattern that I have is not useable.

      Thank you

    • Romilly Goodfellow
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
        Cheryl--

        The Kingdom of Atlantia uses a seahorse as it's badge and
        symbol. Sort of. (Spike's actually a natural seahorse
        unicornate, which means he's got a unicorn horn).

        You need to check to see exactly what you're looking for. A
        hippocampus is a horse with a fish tail. A natural
        seahorse, is, well, a seahorse. And a natural seahorse
        unicornate is Spike. :)

        There is a pattern for Spike at the Atlantian Embroiderer's
        guild site that might be adapted.
        http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/poppies/ysoatlantia.htm

        There is also a hippocampus (since it's one of our service
        awards) charted at the site:
        http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/awards/hippocampus.htm

        The AEG also has charts for all the kingdom populace badges
        if you're looking for them, as well as directions for other
        nifty projects... http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects.htm

        ~Martine deRomilly
        Elvegast, Barony of Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/