Re: [WKneedle] Extant Examples of German Embroidery

  • Pam Jernegan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2005
      What a treat. Thank you, Jane. pam
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jane Stockton
      To: WKNeedle
      Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 5:53 PM
      Subject: [WKneedle] Extant Examples of German Embroidery

      Hi All,

      I've added links to images of quite a bit of German period embroidery to my
      blog over the last few days. There is an entry at the top of the page with
      a variety of styles and an entry of mainly whitework and wool embroidery at
      the bottom of the page.

      http://laren.blogspot.com/

      I will be adding the links to my permanent site at:
      http://medieval.webcon.net.au/

      I am partly posting this because of one of the classes at the upcoming
      collegium on German counted thread satin stitch (brick stitch). A couple of
      the items are brick stitch bags, but not drawstring, they have a fold over
      lip for the closing of the bag.

      Cheers,
      Jane

      ==================(´´) --__--__--__--__--__

      To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your e-mail address, or change your options on the [WKneedle] list, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups and follow the directions. If you have problems doing this, please e-mail the Guild Deputy, Christian de Holacombe, at <claning@...>. The WK Needleworkers Guild Website is at http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle.

    • Jane Stockton
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2005
        Pam,

        Glad you like them. There will probably be a regular stream of German stuff
        over the next few months as I work my way through Bildindex. I also put
        stuff up from the V and A website as well, which gets updated a few times a
        year.

        If you find a piece of extant embroidery on the web, please feel free to
        send me the address in email so that I can post it for everyone on the
        blog, the more obscure the better!

        Cheers,
        Jane

        At 12:00 PM 15/04/2005, you wrote:
        >What a treat. Thank you, Jane. pam

      • Sallie/Celine
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2005
          Nice! Thank you for posting these pictures!
          -Celine.

          http://mail.yahoo.com