Project - forgot inserts!

  • Debra Cobb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      OOPs! To all those needleworkers who already signed up for the 2006 Needlecase project or are thinking about it....we forgot to include the following:

      Finishing the Needlecase: Cut out 2 rectangles in either wool or felt fabric - 4 in. wide by 7 in. long to form "pages" for inserting your needles. Then place the "rectangles" on the inside of your finished needlecase and sew down the middle of the rectangles to form "pages of a book".

      Also, the question came up about inserting something between the embroidered outer layer and the lining to stiffen the needlecase. Someone just made me a needlecase of the same size, using linen suitable for blackwork. And it works perfectly...with no need for strengthening the inside. I wouldn't suggest using gauze or an extremely light linen fabric. If you think buckram might help, let me know and I can cut you out a piece....but it's heavy weight buckram used for making hats.

      Sorry about the omission! Thank you Lady Adriana for being on your toes!

      Isela