Cool Wholesale Fabric Store

  • Evaine ni MacGreger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
      Forwarded on request....
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Oja, Dona" <dona.oja@...>
      To: <westermark@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 8:09 AM
      Subject: [westermark] Cool Wholesale Fabric Store

      > Good Gentles,
      >
      > I have found a fabric store that will make your eyes pop out of your head,
      > and the money to run out of your pocket. The name of the store is Norman
      S.
      > Bernie Co. and it is located at 1135 N Amphlett Blvd. If any of you have
      > been to the DMV in San Mateo, then you can get to this place. Amphlett
      Blvd
      > is the same street the DMV is located on, this place is north of that.
      > Closer to the border of San Mateo and Burlingame.
      >
      > Any way, I went in and went into paroxysms of delight. Two floors of
      > jacquards, damasks, tapestries, garment leather, fake fur, etc. The
      prices
      > range from $8.50 per yard for the flat fold remnants (1yd - 5yd pieces) to
      > $45.00+ per yard for silk damasks. They have every pattern and color
      > imaginable available. I would recommend going in there with a specific
      > project in mind, because going in to 'just see what they have' will have
      you
      > walking out several hundred dollars later. (I spent $100 in 1/2 hour on
      > just the remnant selection! I got a lot, but still the temptation!)
      >
      > The main drawback on this place is their hours. They are open from 8 am
      > 5 pm Monday through Friday. And are open only one Saturday a month, the
      > first Saturday of the month. (Yes the next Saturday they are open is July
      > 7)
      >
      > I have one request, for those of you on other mailing lists would you
      please
      > forward this information? This place makes Jo Anne's look like a thrift
      > store.
      >
      > I am planning on going on July 7. If anyone would like to get together
      with
      > me let me know.
      >
      > YIS
      >
      > Iduna Nornadottir
      > Exchequer
      > Barony of Westermark
      > Principality of the Mists
      > Kingdom of the West
    • Barbara Wieskamp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
        Thank you for the tip on the wonderful new fabric
        store, I will be sure to check it out. Here are a
        pair of my favorite non-chain fabric stores in the Bay
        Area.

        Britex Fabrics. Four stories of fabric and sewing
        heaven.
        146 Geary Street
        San Francisco, CA 94108
        415-392-2910
        http://www.britexfabrics.com/

        Stonemountain & Daughter, 2 stories of all-natural
        fabrics.
        2518 Shattuck Ave. Berkeley, CA 94704
        510/845-6106
        http://www.stonemountainfabric.com/index1.html